Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
vmsanghrajka

Tata Tele To Launch Gsm Services Soon

interview with the much loved anil sardana of TTSL

http://www.business-standard.com/india/new...cdma%5C/360734/

With over six players offering very competitive services, how do you plan to differentiate your services?

We will have very sharply segmented offerings, which will cater to consumers’ individual needs. So, there will be differentiated offerings in terms of content and value-added services. Also, we will provide our customers with better quality of service as compared with other players in the market. The tariffs will be competitive, but that will be decided once we launch our services.

With a host of recent launches in GSM, what is your branding strategy? What part of the consumer segment are you targeting?

We have chosen Tata DoCoMo as our GSM brand. We like the appeal of the DoCoMo brand. It basically means “Do Communication More”, and it reaches out to a large audience. With our CDMA offering, we are already catering to the mass market consumers. With GSM services, we are eyeing the mid and higher end of the spectrum.

You have chosen the DoCoMo brand for your GSM services. Does that limit the involvement of NTT DoCoMo to GSM?

Not at all. They are shareholders and investors in the company. They will have a say in the entire business, including our CDMA services. We just like the appeal of the brand DoCoMo. So, it is not so much to do with the Japanese company. Even our brand logo is different.

Can you map your roll-out plans for 2G as well as 3G services?

We will first roll out our 2G services in the southern region by next month and then the western and northern regions subsequently. We have spectrum in 18 circles in which we expect to roll out services by the next six months. We haven’t got spectrum in North East, Assam, Jammu & Kashmir and Delhi, and it will be sad if we do not get spectrum in these circles in six months for our pan-India roll-out.

As for 3G, it is too premature to comment. When there is clarity on the issue, we will be able to take our decisions.

How much investment have you earmarked for your GSM roll-out and how much has already been utilised?

We have committed $2 billion for our GSM roll-out, which has been done in the form of Letters of Credit and not in terms of physical outflow of money in one go. Therefore, it is hard to put a number to how much has been spent already. But this $2 billion is till the end of the current financial year after which we will evaluate the situation.

What is the status of your merger with Quippo Telecom Infrastructure Ltd? Have you received an approval from the Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB)?

With the new foreign direct investment (FDI) norms prescribed by Press Notes 2 and 3, we do not need to get FIPB’s approval for our deal with Quippo. So, about a week back, we withdrew our application. It should take another three weeks to take a legal view and complete all formalities internally. Once those are complete, we will get the money from them as well.

Edited by ravi_patent

tamil nadu number is also active

call at 9043012345

The news what I got (on june 4th) is come true. Lets wait till june 22nd for their commercial launch

please checkout

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?show...mp;#entry150238

Yes, That's very much true! What Mr. Ajin had told on 4th June came true. Let us hope the launch will be scheduled on or closely around 22nd June. Thank you, Mr. Ajin for the information!

That logo isnt looking good at all :(

Dear Mr. Shashank

Yes, the Logo does not have much aesthetic appeal, but it has been said in an article (on www.nttdocomo.com) that the logo they displayed now is: "One of nine versions of the standard logo, which comes in three color schemes and three character alignments."

So may be we hope to see the other (good) versions after the commercial launch.

Source: http://www.nttdocomo.com/pr/2009/001442.html

interview with the much loved anil sardana of TTSL

Dear Mr. Ravi,

Thank you for posting the interview. That's a good one which I didn't come across while searching for news.

By the way, I like your sense of humor when you said: "interview with the much loved Anil Sardana of TTSL". That was funny!

Good Post!

My detail bill shows call to 9037012345 as

NAME of OPEATOR as "TATA_GSM_ERNAKULAM"

post-20272-1244982292_thumb.jpg

Today I Saw two New Network Code IND 037 and IND 37.(Maharashtra Circle) In Manual Search. its TATA GSM.

Tata Tele counts churn benefits

The Telegraph, Calcutta

New Delhi, June 13: Tata Teleservices, which will launch its GSM services later this month, is betting big on number portability to wean away subscribers from existing operators.

“Mobile number portability will definitely assist in attracting subscribers from existing GSM players,” Anil Sardana, managing director of Tata Teleservices, told The Telegraph.

“There is a 50 per cent churn in the GSM market every year. Therefore, there is a large market segment for us to address,” he said.

The government plans to introduce MNP service by October this year.

According to an IDC survey, “30 per cent of the mobile subscribers are likely to shift to an operator offering better service, if given an option.”

“In a market having many operators and confusing options, customers will move — given the opportunity — to a brand that offers relevant new applications and services that make everyday life simpler and more enjoyable,” said Deepak Gulati, president of GSM business, Tata Teleservices.

The company, in which Japan’s NTT DoCoMo has a 26 per cent stake, said it would invest $2 billion (Rs 9,450 crore) till March 2010 for a pan-India rollout of GSM services. “The $2-billion investment is towards network capacity expansion,” said Sardana.

Operations will be commercially launched in south India by the end of June. By the end of fiscal 2009, the company will roll out services across the country.

Kolkata signal IND 36.

Thanks for the video, Bharghav Chandra.

Here in Kochi (Kerala Circle), TATA DoCoMo started their advertisement campaign, TD emplyee told, they have put around 25 big hoarding in and around the city (Three of them I saw yesterday, Saritha theatre, North railway overbridge, Palarivattom junction), also heard like the commercial launch has been postponed to 26th june from previously announced 22nd june.

also customer care number 9037012345 is active in malayalam, till now it giving the welcome snippets only and no info about any tariff or schemes other than VAS details.

News source: TATA DoCoMo Employees, Kerala Circle.

Edited by thinkpositive

^^ Hmm i havent seen any such advert boards in Trivandrum. :)

^^^

yesterday when i enquired about the launch at tata true value shoppe here in my town, they laughed hearing the name 'docomo' :) then i explained its tata's gsm, then too they were wondering.. one guy then came from inside and said this month end.. poor staff..

I had a very similar exprience here!!! When I asked about Tata DoCoMo commercial launch date.....they gave a "what's that" look. So I even went a step ahead and told them that it's the GSM brand and also showed the logo image that I stored on my phone.....still then they gave a funny look and said we don't know. It made me feel awkward and embarrassed.

I guess TTSL is not communicating anything related to GSM business with Tata Indicom marketing people, may be they are planning to set up a separate sales network and outlets for the Tata DoCoMo brand.

Yes....poor staff, indeed!!! They really look like they don;t know any thing about GSM business. On the other hand even if they knew the information, but didn't want to disclose the information they should tell us same honestly. At least we will be glad that they are maintaining integrity by not disclosing.

Thanks for the video, Bharghav Chandra.

Here in Kochi (Kerala Circle), TATA DoCoMo started their advertisement campaign, TD emplyee told, they have put around 25 big hoarding in and around the city (Three of them I saw yesterday, Saritha theatre, North railway overbridge, Palarivattom junction), also heard like the commercial launch has been postponed to 26th june from previously announced 22nd june.

also customer care number 9037012345 is active in malayalam, till now it giving the welcome snippets only and no info about any tariff or schemes other than VAS details.

News source: TATA DoCoMo Employees, Kerala Circle.

Feel good to my EARS. :signthankspin:

But i was eargly waiting for This monday 22nd june. let me wait for 4 more days.

^^^

yesterday when i enquired about the launch at tata true value shoppe here in my town, they laughed hearing the name 'docomo' :) then i explained its tata's gsm, then too they were wondering.. one guy then came from inside and said this month end.. poor staff..

Hmm interesting, especially in the wake of Tata planning to launch the service in the southern states !!

I had a very similar exprience here!!! When I asked about Tata DoCoMo commercial launch date.....they gave a "what's that" look. So I even went a step ahead and told them that it's the GSM brand and also showed the logo image that I stored on my phone.....still then they gave a funny look and said we don't know. It made me feel awkward and embarrassed.

I guess TTSL is not communicating anything related to GSM business with Tata Indicom marketing people, may be they are planning to set up a separate sales network and outlets for the Tata DoCoMo brand.

:signthankspin: Bhargava Chandra, I heard that we are not going to get :NOTriste::rofl_200: sim cards from TATA indicom stores, GSM guys are planning to sell it through local retail channel only.

After one or two months they are planning to merge CDMA and GSM business together. then only the true value stores will come to the stage. till that time we have to approch local retailers.

I am not sure about the above said news, comments are welcome.

Edited by thinkpositive

Dear Mr. Ajin T.Raju,

Thank you for the information! I expected this, but thought that separate exclusive outlets will be opened for Tata DoCoMo. It will be good if they merge both brands under one roof. I'm desperately waiting for the SIM card, hope we'll get them on or around 26 as you said earlier.

I'll keep you posted on any news concerning Tata DoCoMo, as soon as I discover.

^^^

a launch not under true value shop is a good move i think, many new customers never goes inside a cdma shop for a gsm connection.. they will think tata docomo is cdma just like happened in reliance..

well said ramesh

...btw the teasers from TATA are up..reads like

'why relive in the past"...

DO as it appears in the docomo is readable

Tata Tele may start GSM services in Tamil Nadu this week

21 Jun 2009, 1808 hrs IST, PTI

NEW DELHI: Tata Teleservices is likely to launch its GSM services nationally under the Tata DoCoMo brand this week, that may start with Tamil

Nadu circle.

Sources said the company has lined up GSM launch in Orissa, Kerala, Karnataka in the next 10 days.

When contacted a Tata DoCoMo spokesperson declined to comment.

On June 10, the country's second largest CDMA telecom operator while announcing the GSM services had said that the commercial launch would begin with the telecom circles in South India.

Tata Teleservices has the requisite spectrum to start GSM services in 18 circles out of the 19 for which it has licence under the cross over technology.

The company had earlier said it would be investing $ 2 billion in the operations, the pan-India roll out of which would be completed by this year end.

The company is yet to receive GSM spectrum for the lucrative Delhi circle. Tata Tele does not have GSM license for three circles north east, Assam and J&K.

Tata Telecervices, predominantly a CDMA player entered the GSM bandwagon last year after the government allowed cross over technology policy entitling a survive provider to offer both GSM and CDMA cervices under the unified access license.

TTSL has become the second telecom service provider after Reliance Communications to be providing services on both CDMA and GSM platforms.

Source: http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/News/N...how/4684116.cms

^^^

.... many new customers never goes inside a cdma shop for a gsm connection.. they will think tata docomo is cdma just like happened in reliance..

Initially cust were not aware of rGSM service,so they do not wish to go in for WW. but rcom is selling GSM sim through local dealer, so now cust is going into WW.

Tata Docomo is dieerent brand so it will not confuse user, that it;s cdma

Sources said the company has lined up GSM launch in Orissa, Kerala, Karnataka in the next 10 days.

what is cust care for karnataka???

Anybody finds TATA n/w in orissa? CC 9040012345

what is cust care for karnataka???

Anybody finds TATA n/w in orissa? CC 9040012345

Dear Mr. Saket

1) Tata DoCoMo customer care number for Karnataka is 9036-012345.

2) If you are referring to the functionality of customer care IVR, then YES Orissa IVR is up & running (I'm able to call from Airtel AP)

and if you are referring to presence of Orissa Tata DoCoMo RF signal in the air, then I'm sorry I don't have the information.

Edited by bhargavachandra