Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jdjain

Reliance GSM service initial reviews

Today i got Reliance GSM ,I buy two sim @25. Here in Punjab ,the response is very pathetic . reason no add etc, but overall good . Today web world sold about 120 sim through all day . My sim activated at evening , And i immediately received rs 10 , on pressing *333 you can write your experience*(toll free)

And yes sound quality is amazing from my reliance GSM to my friend GSM which also bought it ,but sound to other gsm provider is not good .

Network is full edge . Reliance R world is free at punjab, so get all cricket update free of cost ball by ball. will test it tomorrow morning for aus vs S africa

well all my balance is over ,

call is costly rs 1 , sms too rs 1 . at least sms tu 50 paisa hota

Ohh yes one thing , the speed of edge , it is class 10 , and all the network is fully edge ,no gprs , although if somebody set does not have edge then it run on gprs too

plz tell what u have aceseed in r world.

what gprs setting tehy have provided and how u got setting

also tell me is same as in link below

http://www.reliancemobile.com/webapp/Commu...iness/GPRS.html

also have u tried acessing internet on PC?

plz tell what u have aceseed in r world.

what gprs setting tehy have provided and how u got setting

also tell me is same as in link below

http://www.reliancemobile.com/webapp/Commu...iness/GPRS.html

also have u tried acessing internet on PC?

Hey dude ,you right , Actually i only get some cricket update ,astrology, Health related update , well EDGE setting is come when my phone operational . i think 5 messages comes ,

But sad thing thing is i still not using internet , ( network said , you are not subscribe to it )

GSM sim arrived here(Nagercoiil, Tamilnadu) today.. i will be getting one in next few hours. will post my experience soon...

got my sim and activated.. number starts with 9025. its working fine and getting good coverage inside home..

sent my man to get a sim; the retailers are trying to take some sort of premium (200/-) per sim; refused point blank; then he said I will get mine by tomorrow; lets hope for the best to see what this hoopla is all about...

the Rmenu in GSM has the following options

Roaming

Callertunes

Ringtones

Subscription

Dial 51234

Cricket

Live Astro

News

Humour

Utility

More

Get Settings

Help

my 3 hrs of experience

fast connectivity

good voice clarity - both hearing and speaking

good coverage

are u able to connect to all n/w sucessesfully. also is thr any problem in i/c calls when some other operator is calling?

are u able to send sms to all n/w?

what is edge experince.

Outgoing to BSNL, Vodafone, Aircel, Airtel are working

Incoming from BSNL, Vodafone are working. Aircel not working, Airtel could not check..

Will try sms outgoing and incoming tomorrow..

i am using a low end phone so i cannot update about gprs, edge etc..

Edited by savramesh

just tried

sms going to bsnl and coming from bsnl

sms not coming from vodafone :(

sms coming from Aircel :)

mine experience is not good.....

following is detail...

DAY-1

40% network coverage....

outgoing- till now only 5 minutes outgoing .....rest it ends with connection error.....

incoming- tests from all networks except bsnl....not working from any network

sms- going but not coming....

Hope it will become operational till tomorrow....

Here in Ropar(punjab) the network is 100 percent no call drop , work well with bsnl , and yes one thing to mention , yesterday my brother talked to his new wed wife for untriptted 4 hour stating from 11pm to 3am , she was in ChD , this prove that network is seamless , ya some major town may face network problem , but here in our town ,it's OK and perfect . lot of my friend use my phone to talking his gf ,

call forwarding is working fine in GSM, i have given forward to cdma when gsm is not reachable..

What is the procedure to activate Call forward.

Do they deduct promotional balance or Main Balance for that?

i did by following

in gsm handset

goto settings

call forwarding

forward if not reachable

give number

activate

Do they deduct promotional balance or Main Balance for that?

will chk tonight after 11 that forward to cdma is free or charged.. hope that should be free as night gsm to cdma is free for us. and if that is free then during day time they will deduct forwarding charge from promotional talktime.. hope u understood ..

Edited by savramesh

good news.. i put call forward from gsm to cdma.. when i called the gsm , which was forwarded to cdma, there was no call charge deducted in gsm as 11 to 6 is free calling..

@Saurav

forwarding call charge will be deducted from promotional local balance during day time and once the local balance is zero, further charges from main balance @ Re1 per min.. also during night forwarding is free provided call is forwarded to reliance mobile number..

i got a sim card on 3rd feb in the evening and it was activated next day. the network reception in delhi&ncr is very bad as of now as in noida where i live there is no network on the ground floor forget the basement. only able to get good network in my apartment which is on the third floor in my room as it is along the highway. i also went to delhi and network there was also not good as the phone will not show signal in certain areas even on the road. there was no network in basement parking of select citywalk mall in saket. i called customer care and complained about this and those people told me that they are setting new towers every day and the signal will improve shortly. one other problem i am having as of now is i am not able to call reliance gsm from my idea mobile as idea will say the number you are dialing is not correct. i would like like to hear review from my fellow delhiites about their experience with reliance gsm. please write your experiences guys. thank you. :GirandoOjos: