Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Saurav

Postpaid Gsm Launch

I have heard from WebWorld that Reliance is Expected to launch Reliance GSM on 26-Jan-2009.

Where??

In punjab it has already been launched.

No Post Paid has not been launched in Punjab till date.

Up to my knowlage..............reliance GSM postpaid is not introduced in any part of india till date............and no official announcement yet.....

Yes only Pre-Paid is there also I come to know there is nothing called CDMA to GSM :(

Yes only Pre-Paid is there also I come to know there is nothing called CDMA to GSM :(

@ vkat

what did u meant by CDMA to GSM ?

did u mean option for cdma customers to migrate to GSM ? this option will never come.

once number portability is setted up, then u can have a new gsm connection with same cdma number..

correct me if i am wrong...

Edited by savramesh

As far as i know about MNP, gsm coustomers can switch to only gsm service provider, as reliance is providing both gsm and cdma, it can do gsm to cdma or cdma to gsm conversion........i think this may be the reason for their gsm launch...so that they can fetch coustomers of both the technologies...

postpaid gsm launched for rel empl. only now

Post paid gsm is here in orissa since a long time.but only 3 or 4 plans are available,which are not at all attractive.i think now with the national roll out of gsm reliance will offer good post paid plans here also.one thing i have observed that the r com site doesn't include the older circles where the smart service is there.it has got a separate site.this means the old and new gsm services have not been integrated into one till date.perhaps it will take a little more time.

Situbhai CC says RCOM is still to launch its GSM service in ORISSA or in other circles where it has not been launched yet. According to them SMART has nothing to do with RGSM, they are totally different. SMART belongs to RTL, where as RGSM is from RCOM. More RGSM will launch in ORISSA very soon.

So lets wait & watch.

Edited by Asit

Reliance Communications was denied startup spectrum for GSM in the 6 states where Reliance Telecom operates Smart GSM service. So I'm not sure if the merger is going to happen any time soon.

When smart users can call for free to both smart as well as cdma network using an stv,then how can they tell the two to be separate entities?RTL is very much a sister concern of R COM.otherwise on net calls would not be possible.but unfortunately here the equipments are very old.so i fear,all those services offered by reliance gsm may not be possible due to the vintage technology.

As per Reliance Employees a Zero Rental plan is expected with Rs 25 CLIP (Optional).

When smart users can call for free to both smart as well as cdma network using an stv,then how can they tell the two to be separate entities?RTL is very much a sister concern of R COM.otherwise on net calls would not be possible.but unfortunately here the equipments are very old.so i fear,all those services offered by reliance gsm may not be possible due to the vintage technology.

They just want to corner as much as Spectrum they may be entitled to restrict new entrant in GSM and looking at Rs. 3500 crorer as Base Price 3G is out of question for New Entrant to bid for

Yesterday both the services viz cdma and gsm of reliance in orissa circle have been merged into one entity.so now onwards both networks will be treated as one.gradually it will be extended to other circles also'perhaps reliance has realised that it is not going to get spectrum in the name of rgsm here in orissa or in those circles where it has got it's smart services.so they have started to merge the services to but cost.let's wait and watch.

( as per one of reliance employee )

They talk too much.

None of employee know about dates and all.

This is managed by Planning Dept., Which is far away from reach of those employees.

( as per one of reliance employee )

They talk too much.

None of employee know about dates and all.

This is managed by Planning Dept., Which is far away from reach of those employees.

Same talks here too in Bangalore.. Tentative launch Date - 16th Feb '09 unless something goes wrong.

In fact Karnataka is one state whose 90% GSM ready.. almost all towers are GSM ready.

New installations happening where there's no coverage.. especially north Karnataka.

Since infrastructure is more or less in place, no reason why there should be a delay this time.

1 of the WW emp said me.. Its expected to be launched in month of March. :Decepcionado:

When is it going to get launch?

When is it going to get launch?

Im too eagerly waiting for it. :GirandoOjos:

heard from a source they are gonna launch tomorrow in csome cities

where the hell is network bars??

Who is going to buy postpaid of this thingy which dont give network bars. lol.

where the hell is network bars??

Who is going to buy postpaid of this thingy which dont give network bars. lol.

Very much true. I bought my sim 7 days back - have not seen any network in my home.

I wrote a mail to gsm customer care - no response came.

I went to webworld - they said it will take 2- 3 months.

Such poor customer response - a big turn off for me.

The other day - I had complained the Airtel CC for poor network coverage indoors.

They sent their technical team the next day. I was impressed.