Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
situ1962

No Petrol No Diesel

Courtesey the strike called by the officers of public sector oil companies petrol and diesel at almost all pumps have been exhausted.the entire nation is at the brink of an unprecedented situation.people are unable to go to office,some cann't even cook.yesterday i had to travel total 30 kilometers by cycle and got only 2 livers of petrol.so i am keeping it for emergency and have started cycling again.hope this will atleast help reduce some pressure from my pant's waist belt.

The situation in Mumbai and Delhi is also worst due to unavailability of Petrol and Diesel.

yesterday i had to travel total 30 kilometers by cycle and got only 2 litres of petrol.so i am keeping it for emergency and have started cycling again.hope this will atleast help reduce some pressure from my pant's waist belt.

Keep cycling my dear Sitansu, it is good for health. :)

Actually cycling is my favorite pass time.whenever i get time,i go for cycling.it's the most economical vehicle for short distances.

Situ you are doing good for your health. But if this strike is going on all India will become freeze. These type of strikes are not good for India and we Indians. We should want to oppose these strikes. Already the public sector officers getting more salary, then why should they go for strike? Lorry's & Trucks are also in strike. What is happening in India? Nobody opposing these strikes.

Wake up India, wake up India, just we are recovering from the Mumbai terror attack, now again, we can't afford this. Where are our rimwebians, to talk in this matter? nobody take interest on this matter? There is other types of strikes they can opt. Why our judiciary and government not giving strict action against this strikes? No, we are helpless? No we need justice..

here in nagercoil also most of the pumps are dry.. a very few pumps have petrol for which vehicles are crowded and standing for hours..

mostly by today end district's all pumps will run out of fuel..

BTW any updates on the strike ?

Edited by savramesh

I fully agree.these officers are holding the whole country on ransom.people have started quarreling among themselves for petrol and diesel.if this continues for a couple of days more the whole nation will come to a halt.essential commodities will not be available.the govt has imposed ESMA.still the striking officers are not calling it off.they all should be put behind bars immediately for their unrealistic demands.

Actually cycling is my favorite pass time.whenever i get time,i go for cycling.it's the most economical vehicle for short distances.

very correct :grin:

In here too the same situation, people are queuing up in front of pumps for hours, only to see the NO STOCK placard sometime later. Some of them into money making schemes too, they are selling petrol @ 100/- per litre in some parts of Trivandrum. Sad indeed. :(

Mumbai. On my commute to work of around 8 Kms, only 2 HP pumps were functioning out of around 10+ that come on my route. Those 2 had around 1/2 - 1 KM queues around noon. Grim situation.

Latest update:

BPCL to resume fuel supplies

NEW DELHI: In some relief to the people hit by the oil sector strike, state-run Bharat Petroleum Corp on Friday said it would resume fuel

supplies at all locations starting this evening, as more than 70% of the striking employees returned to work.

"Over 70% of the people have resumed work in marketing. By this evening, we will be able to resume fuel supply at all locations.... To make up for the backlog we would work on Saturday and Sunday too," BPCL Director (Marketing) S Radhakrishnan said in the capital.

BPCL accounts for 25% of the petro goods market in the country, while HPCL accounts for 27% and IOC the rest.

HPCL has been functioning normally throughout.

That's a ray of hope indeed!

But if this strike is going on all India will become freeze. These type of strikes are not good for India and we Indians. We should want to oppose these strikes. Already the public sector officers getting more salary, then why should they go for strike? Lorry's & Trucks are also in strike. What is happening in India? Nobody opposing these strikes.

Wake up India, wake up India, just we are recovering from the Mumbai terror attack, now again, we can't afford this. Where are our rimwebians, to talk in this matter? nobody take interest on this matter? There is other types of strikes they can opt. Why our judiciary and government not giving strict action against this strikes? No, we are helpless? No we need justice..

PSU employees have the same rights of getting proper pay as any other person in this country.

The pay revision commitee for IAS and Central Govt employees and the pay revision committee for the PSU employees submitted their recomendations almost at the same time. Both recomemdations indicated similar pays. But on examination, the Cabinet Committee enhanced the pay revision benefits recomended by the pay committee by more than 20% in case of IAS and Central Govt. employees and reduced the pay revision benefits recomended by the pay committee by more than 30% in case of PSU employees without giving any justification for the same or asking the comments of any of the PSU unions.

Based on the decisions taken by the Cabinet Committee a PSU employee at middle level would get about Rs.2 Lakh p.a. less than his counterpart at the same level in Central Govt., while they were getting practically the same salary only six months back.

I do not support holding the country at a ransom but I think people had gone on rampage for far lesser discrimination.

Edited by commonman

Finally petroleum officers withdrawn their strike infront of Government's strict decision. Now Government should not allow to those officers to rejoin. They should be dismissed and Government giving a clear symbol that no more strikes like this not allowed in our country. There is too much ways of strikes. Anyway within 2 days everything will be normal I hope.....

actually i got worried after watching TV on Thu night about 3/4th of pumps running dry in the city.

all 5 of the pumps that we checked in navi mumbai were closed on fri which included the reliance one near palm beach marg.

i made my driver wait for almost an hour in queue to fill LPG & petrol even though i had 1/4th of LPG left & 3/4th of petrol in my tanks.

i think TV makes these situations worse by encouraging more viewers to go for panic filling which causes more shortages...