Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
narinderji

Anybody Used Gprs Of Reliance Gsm Yet?

Hey anybody used GPRS on new reliance CEP SIM?

how to activate GPRS on my CEP SIM?

^^^

Wait till the complete launch is done all India.... What about roaming????

You are talking about roaming.........................it is even not working in home network............................

anyways nothing mentioned anywhere about roaming...................

in my town today all towers are up.. when i bought sim 3 days back only 2 towers were working.. so soon in few days everything will be fine.. tomorrow i am going to trivandrum, so i will update roaming experience by evening....

ok dear.............happy roaming..........

hey i got message from reliance that my rworld and mms is activated and i can use them and got settings for mms too. but mms are not going and not able to access wap. it says subscribe to gprs first. may be this activation is due to sms sent at 55100

u dont have to send any sms. there is an option to get gprs/wap/mms settings in R-menu

goto R-menu -> Get Settings -> GPRS Settings / Wap Settings / MMS Settings

when u select it then it will automatically retrieve settings for ur handset..

i tried it in my Sagem myX-1 handset, and got reply handset information not available in their database, have to try in some other handset..

Edited by savramesh

I tried with handset Samsung J150

I got reply handset not in our database.

same pblm for me sagem myx-1w not in their database..i called and complained to customer care, they said they will be adding my handset soon, and asked to try after few hours..(already 1 hr over still same error.) so u too pls call and provide them ur handset model.. they will add ur handset model to their database ..

also i think we can manually setup gprs or wap, but for that we need to know the following details

login

username

dialup #

ip address

port type: secure / non secure

mode: digital / analog / automatic

// calling GSM gurus for help

Hello Friends,

Today i sucessfully accessed Reliance GSM wap.. hureeeeeee.

i was using an Sony ericsson handset on which i was not able to access wap. That sony handset is gprs capeble handset. then i pluged my hanset in an samsung edge enabled handset then i recieved wap and mms settings. and i was able to access wap page of reliance. and access some options. i was charged 5p/10 kb which was mentioned on that wap page.

i too tried mms but that got failed.

i did manual settings on sony handset and it shows only a test page. means it connected and worked but reliance has not put anythng on the page for gprs.

i did following settings. you try and tell.

MMS

Profile Name : Reliance MMS

Server URL: http://10.239.221.47/mms/

Proxy:Enabled

Ip Address: 10.239.221.5

Apn: rcommms

Wap

Profile Name: Mobile World

Bearer: GSM-GPRS

APN:rcomwap

Ip:10.239.221.5

Enjoyyyyyy.........

same pblm for me sagem myx-1w not in their database..i called and complained to customer care, they said they will be adding my handset soon, and asked to try after few hours..(already 1 hr over still same error.) so u too pls call and provide them ur handset model.. they will add ur handset model to their database ..

also i think we can manually setup gprs or wap, but for that we need to know the following details

login

username

dialup #

ip address

port type: secure / non secure

mode: digital / analog / automatic

// calling GSM gurus for help

So r world is also available on gsm finally!now gsm people can sure through this using the uts pass word free of cost.isn't it?

Here gprs is available but no edge or rworld or mms either.the gsm cc people are clue less about when these services will be available here.

I got settings by sending SMS all. got settings, saved them but still its not working for me. Giving Error network not ready.

try but switch it off and then on. try removing battery and sim and then try again

if still not works..............wait...

yes, i have used it, i have 2 phone ......in sony ericsson i got the setting automatically after saving it just clicked on Internet Services and then more then chose reliance... it started working properly. but i have one more chinamade handset .. in thagt i got message ur H/S is ready to use GPRS but i could not able to access..called up Callcenter also but as usual i did not get any help.............. i dont understand when GPRS is not accssible on china made handsets then they are pushing sms of YOU CAN ACCESS GPRS ON THIS SET NOW

I used sms method got settings by sms & now its working for me.

But no L1 Plan, for just opening Rworld they charged me from my local balance.

it is true. now no such l0 or l1 plan. purely balance deduction from core balance.

have u tried accessing on pc

I got settings by sending SMS all. got settings, saved them but still its not working for me. Giving Error network not ready.

Is Reliance GSM is called smart ????

Then what is the settings???

It is called Smart where Reliance Telecom (not Reliance Communications) was operating GSM service in Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Bihar, Jharkhand, Orissa, Himachal Pradesh and West Bengal. The "Smart' brand name is being removed and will be named as "Reliance Mobile" soon, already done for Orissa.

I am currently using airtel gprs for surfing and downloading.In jharkhad/bihar its free since 2006 :D

but now they are disconnecting gprs service.

So i am planing to migrate to smart gprs.

I have a prepaid smart connection so what i need to do now?

i need a unlimited gprs, so do i just need to recharge with rs 303 and my smart gprs get activated?

I get Reliance EDGE Internet in Punjab free of cost . I think Rel is testing it , soon he will charge

It is called Smart where Reliance Telecom (not Reliance Communications) was operating GSM service in Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Bihar, Jharkhand, Orissa, Himachal Pradesh and West Bengal. The "Smart' brand name is being removed and will be named as "Reliance Mobile" soon, already done for Orissa.

Assam and North East have been missed, even there it has not been changed to Reliance Mobile from Reliance Smart