Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ipkonfig

Reliance GSM - Problems ! Problems ! & Problems!

The same situation in Kerala too. Instead of launching on the state capitals, Reliance chose to do product launch in lesser known towns and cities. Reports indicate sales are not progressing as anticipated.

So u are saying i should travel 250kms away just to experience Reliance network back in my place? :D

Sad to know that u arent getting the signal at your home.

Edited by ipkonfig

i am getting signal only in reliance gsm sim inserted mobile. vodafone and aircel mobile not showing reliance tower when searched operator manually.. its a wonder..

Hey, same is the case here.............only seeing reliance singnal when reliance sim is in the mobile.......not in case when BSNL is operational.

i am getting signal only in reliance gsm sim inserted mobile. vodafone and aircel mobile not showing reliance tower when searched operator manually.. its a wonder..

i've purchased a reliance mobile gsm sim yesterday...punjab number 90231333**....and they activated it on 12am night......confirming me with a message....then i made a call to my friend....and my validity started....

i talked to my friend for about 5 minutes and 5rs has been deducted from my balance.......from then till now i'm not able to make any call from my reliance mobile......nor any single message is going from reliance gsm mobile...

Network is also very poor.....i'm using reliance netconnect usb data card and it has full coverage in my room....but on gsm sim i get only 20-40% network.....

also when network is full neither i'm able to make or outgoing nor accepting incoming....when tried from another phone , my phone appears to be " out of coverage area"..!!!!!!

Reliance customer care is also not working....they says route is busy....try again later...!!!!!

This is not happening with me only...but also to my friends who purchased this gsm mobile....

are you also facing this types of problems??

they might be doing the process of activating towers.. so try tomorrow.. hope it will work soon.. when i bought sim 3 days back only 2 towers were up, today all towers in the district is up..

Note: they have already integrated the gsm towers to their hub, so ur mobile will show network even when the tower is not activated.. that means u will not be able to make or receive calls, send or receive sms. i faced this pblm in few places.. and when i get inside an activated tower's network my mobile started working..

Edited by savramesh

rthankss....im also thinking same that it might happening because the service is launched recently..!!!

I am getting no Signal inside my Home whereas on Roof top I get 2 bars.

I am getting no Signal inside my Home whereas on Roof top I get 2 bars.

start complaining reliance about coverage now itself.. soon u will get good coverage..

3 years back i started complaining about poor cdma coverage.. last week i was assured that very soon it will be resolved :)

The real surprise is that my house is centre of city. Such poor coverage strange.

In Bangalore IND10 is shown with other service provider, Reliance is not yet launched in Bangalore.

My phone is Nokia N70

^^^

With this kind of Customer experience, people will get tired of Reliance like they got tired with CDMA and never ever touched it again. Many of my relatives and friends tried out RCDMA iitially and fed up with lack of connectivity, they sold/threw away the CDMA handsets and went for GSM. They never returned to Reliance at all. Once again, history will repeat....

RCOM should set right all things first and then launch, is what I feel. Absence of connectivity/network etc will be a major setback which RCOM should avoid at all costs.

There will be always teething trouble and initial hiccups when a project of this magnitude is launched.It will take rcom 3 to 6 months to rectify all the problems.It was the same when they started RCDMA.Now i feel RCDMA is best in india in terms of voice quality,coverage.

and thats why reliance introduced customer experience program and want we like users to provide them feedback initially, so that the upcoming customers will have hassle free telecommunication...

Is Reliance Expected to More Towers in Punjab in near future as their coverage is very poor.

otherwise by their CEP they hv taught customers not to trust them as they will never get signal when required.

There will be always teething trouble and initial hiccups when a project of this magnitude is launched.It will take rcom 3 to 6 months to rectify all the problems.It was the same when they started RCDMA.Now i feel RCDMA is best in india in terms of voice quality,coverage.
and thats why reliance introduced customer experience program and want we like users to provide them feedback initially, so that the upcoming customers will have hassle free telecommunication...

Yes.. after 2-3 months only when things are smooth, postpaid shall be launched full fledgedly at the cost of 'Pre-paid user's experience'.

Big Postpaid Customers/Corporates who will mostly subscribe GSM postpaid, cannot tolerate frequent hiccups such as these..

I am from ettumanur a small town in kerala. We have reliance gsm and I got 1 sim. I am not getting range in my house. It is only limited in 500-600 meteres. Wonderful!!!

Today I am facing a strange problem with Reliance GSM SIM.

I am having 2 SIM's. SIM X gets network in my Handset whereas SIM Y does not get any network.

When I dial number of SIM Y it gives error "Check the number you have dialled".

When I do manual search for Network it shows network Reliance network some digits what fails to register.

Different people are giving different reasons:

1. CAF is not locked.

2. SIM has got damaged..

Yesterday night SIM Y was working very well and I hv used it for last 1 week.

not able to connect to any network afte 10pm says network busy

Yeah, too many connection error messages and "this route is busy" messages!

for me working fine all the time...

^^^

With this kind of Customer experience, people will get tired of Reliance like they got tired with CDMA and never ever touched it again. Many of my relatives and friends tried out RCDMA iitially and fed up with lack of connectivity, they sold/threw away the CDMA handsets and went for GSM. They never returned to Reliance at all. Once again, history will repeat....

RCOM should set right all things first and then launch, is what I feel. Absence of connectivity/network etc will be a major setback which RCOM should avoid at all costs.

Reliance GSM has been launched in Bangalore. I purchased a sim for Rs. 25 but still awaiting activation after 24 hours. The WW guy informed me that the sim would be activated within 3 days!!!! 3 days for activation, ever heard of this before?????????????????

Thanks to Reliance, it is making the impossible possible!!!!!!!

Atleast u have the SIM on your hands even if its useless :P

In here even today no news about GSM service. Called the nearby WW and they asked my name and said that they will book two SIMs for me. The guy also said something about choosing our desired number, which i didnt pay heed to when he told me. And that i will be informed when its formally launched in Trivandrum.

Lets see whats in store. :)

here, when i purchased sim on the launch day, it was pre-activated by the dealer.. just inserted the sim and started using after making the first call..