Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
savramesh

Upcoming Nokia Handset In Cdma

what is nokia's plan with cdma?

why not if they plan for gsm+cdma handsets instead of cdma only handsets ? [will be good if they can give a gsm+cdma combination in an Nseries]

or they will never turn up again in cdma? what is actually happening with them ?

Edited by savramesh

Why should they?

they want u to buy two different sets. they are here to make profit. :GirandoOjos:

gsm+cdma combination in an Nseries]

never will that happen

:Decepcionado: Better to wait for sometime, since Reliance has rolled out GSM Services, the marketing people are trying to sell off existing CDMA handsets both high end and low end ASAP. If they are going to roll out 3G services along with Mobile number portability, it will be better to switch to GSM services since GSM services and future of 3G Services are good.

:Confuso:

--Mohu

I agree with the logic. But for MNP, nobody is serious about it. It is still a distant dream. Till the time RCDMA is competent in tariff it would rule and have loyal customers like me.

cdma will never die in india where spectrum limited...its congestion free most of the time....lest dont forget 3gsm is bassed on cdma

cdma will never die in india where spectrum limited...its congestion free most of the time....lest dont forget 3gsm is bassed on cdma

But you know EVDO the Next 3G version of CDMA is (TDMA over CDMA) Technology.

well if u have followed MWC 2009 ..nokia has tied up with qualcomm and will be releasing s60 enabled handsets for cdma by 2010 ...

not only that they have announced two evdo enabled s40 handsets for cdma

how long should i wait to see a CDMA Nseries.. will be good if they have plans for that..

how long should i wait to see a CDMA Nseries.. will be good if they have plans for that..

god knows if there will be nseries for cdma ...but u will have to wait till 2010

NOkia 8208...

3g phone on CDMA platform....soon to be launched

^^^

Any SOURCE bro? Plz mention.

NOkia 8208...

3g phone on CDMA platform....soon to be launched

yes friends nokia press bulletin says about nokia 8208, just checked dated Feb 18, 2009

LINK

Today Nokia announced an exciting new mobile device for its select CDMA markets outside the US. The 3G speed, music capability and elegant, dual–slide function of this device brings consumers high-speed, high tech combined with good looks.

With its uncomplicated functionality, the new Nokia 8208 gives consumers a range of features, while turning heads with its design. “We instinctively wanted to carry out a very modern look and feel in the design of our new devices, and to bring consumers a wide range of features,” said Larry Paulson, Nokia Senior Vice President, CDMA Devices. “Consumers want devices that are beautiful to look at and reflect their individuality, but also have the functionality that keeps them connected to their world easily. This device echoes our goal to broaden the Nokia portfolio of high tech, yet stylish devices in select global CDMA markets.”

The sophisticated Nokia 8208 features a smooth, dual-slide form factor, and packs a dose of entertainment with its MP3 music player and 3 megapixel camera. The Nokia 8208 provides easy access to tunes through the phone’s dedicated music buttons, where music can be played for up to 20 continuous hours. Moments in life are captured in crisp, clear photos with the 3.0 megapixel camera. For easy music storage, a 16GB external memory card slot holds up to approximately 4,000 songs in AAC+ and MP3 digital music formats. When reaching for contacts, use the Speaker-Independent Name Dialing mode for hands free dialing, or assign photos to favourite contacts to quickly see who’s calling, or sending multi-media messages. With the super fast 3G connection, no more waiting around to get to the things you most like to use.

The Nokia 8208 is expected to launch in select CDMA markets, in the first quarter of 2009.

A complete list of Nokia 8208 features and technical specifications attached

Nokia_8208_data_sheet.pdf

Edited by savramesh

hmm really impressive

but surely the cost will not be impressive, let wait and see.. i expect around 10-12k

Infact, at MWC there is not much happening at Nokia even at 3G GSM side. The major launches and attractions seems to be from LG and HTC and ofcourse Palm Pre. It is here in India, where we are obsessed with Nokia.

Good. Only the battery 860 mah is some what below par

any news from nokia officials abt launching of this handset????

this is awesome... when its going to be launched... any price details????

they says launch in first quarter of 2009 we can expect it in the middle of 2009..

Mostly i may not go for this handset coz i am scared about the sliding strip in nokia, already tired with 6265 [changed strip 5 times so far in 2.5 years]

Seems to be nice but i think it will be highly priced in India due to brand name ...wht say guys .......between 12K-14k

My dear friends, for discussions about NOKIA 8208 we have already a thread ongoing. You can discuss about Nokia 8208 in the below mentioned thread :

Nokia 8208 Cdma : Coming Soon, High-end CDMA mobile