Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
mr.sanjeev

Reliance Cdma Number To Gsm Number Conversion?

Hi Guy,

Any idea, is it possible to convert your Reliance CDMA number to Reliance GSM? Means is it possible to change your same reliance cdma mobile number to Reliance GSM no.....

Please let me know your comments......

Thank

Yes, you can once Mobile Number Portability (MNP) is introduced. When will it be introduced? Well, too early to tell for now.

Yes, you can once Mobile Number Portability (MNP) is introduced. When will it be introduced? Well, too early to tell for now.

TRAI did not take any decision on intra company MNP. All operators except reliance oppose the intra operator MNP

Dear Arun,

I'm too eagerly waiting for the government's decision about Mobile Number portability. Because I want to retain my CDMA number with reliance. We don't have coverage in our village, Reliance agreed me that they will install CDMA antenna with The GSM antenna in a tower, but nothing happened. I contacted them thru email, but no reply. So better I can wait for Mobile number portability.

Another question will come, what to do with my CDMA mobile? I purchased C810 for a price of Rs.7000/- and still it is completely useless because of low coverage.

Dear Arun,

I'm too eagerly waiting for the government's decision about Mobile Number portability. Because I want to retain my CDMA number with reliance. We don't have coverage in our village, Reliance agreed me that they will install CDMA antenna with The GSM antenna in a tower, but nothing happened. I contacted them thru email, but no reply. So better I can wait for Mobile number portability.

Another question will come, what to do with my CDMA mobile? I purchased C810 for a price of Rs.7000/- and still it is completely useless because of low coverage.

Mobile number portability will be introduced somewhere in June, 2009. Once MNP is introduced, it can be implemented only through a central agency who will be incharge of MNP implementation.

Rcom is fighting for MNP within its own company (i.e subscribers who want to shift from CDMA to GSM or vice versa) within actually having to approach the central agency. SO if this is approved by the Government and the regulatory authorities, then u can shift from RCDMA to RGSM retaining the same number much earlier than June, 2009. But the problem is that even the Tata's are opposing this move of Reliance.

If shifting of reliance CDMA to GSM occurs by retaining CDMA number i guess 80% of cdma ppl will shift to GSM, .

TATA and other networks are opposing beacause reliance will retain all its subscribers in GSM from CDMA :GirandoOjos:

Hey why all of you want to switch from cdma to gsm???

I was using gsm from a long time and recently started using cdma. i feel cdma is better than gsm. better voice. why you all are fed up of gsm??

you are fed up of less choice of handsets or boared of reliance......

If shifting of reliance CDMA to GSM occurs by retaining CDMA number i guess 80% of cdma ppl will shift to GSM, .

TATA and other networks are opposing beacause reliance will retain all its subscribers in GSM from CDMA :GirandoOjos:

Hey why all of you want to switch from cdma to gsm???

I was using gsm from a long time and recently started using cdma. i feel cdma is better than gsm. better voice. why you all are fed up of gsm??

you are fed up of less choice of handsets or boared of reliance......

I couldnt agree more with you. Once reliance starts full fledged services, my calculation is that they will be able to attract a large number of subscribers. This may result in congestion of network. Also I think only a very few people will use MNP to shift to CDMA, because of the problem of expensive and lack of choice of handset.

So I feel that in the long run CDMA would be a better choice for a less congested network. Only concerns would arise of step motherly treatment is given to CDMA compared to GSM because GSM is the revenue generator, at least compared to CDMA

dear vinay, u said you couldn't agree with me. but after that u said the same i m saying....... according to me if a person is happy with his handset then he should be on cdma network because u also saying that it will be less congested network........so better services.............so thats my point.............and according to me cdma handsets come cheaper than gsm ya but less choice of course!!!!!!

dear vinay, u said you couldn't agree with me. but after that u said the same i m saying....... according to me if a person is happy with his handset then he should be on cdma network because u also saying that it will be less congested network........so better services.............so thats my point.............and according to me cdma handsets come cheaper than gsm ya but less choice of course!!!!!!

You seem to have misread my reply. I said "I couldnt agree more with you"

I am using RCDMA for the past five years and i m very much satisfied with the service in terms of voice quality,connectivity,billing,coverage etc.Call drops ,disconnection are almost nil.In my opinion CDMA voice quality is far far better then GSM.I m not planing to shift to RGSM. Only disadvantage of CDMA is limited choice of handset and international roaming

Edited by nahid

I am using RCDMA for the past five years and i m very much satisfied with the service in terms of voice quality,connectivity,billing,coverage etc.Call drops ,disconnection are almost nil.In my opinion CDMA voice quality is far far better then GSM.I m not planing to shift to RGSM. Only disadvantage of CDMA is limited choice of handset and international roaming

I agree with the technical qualifications of CDMA technology. But Rcom's customer care and network coverage for CDMA is very poor now. I'm in Bahrain, but I know the situations in India, I send 3 mails to corporate office still no reply. Before they are replying within 3 days. Now a days no reply. they are not improving their CDMA coverage. Thats the reason I don't like Reliance. If TATA improved their coverage, I'll buy TATA connection. I don't want to loose my Reliance Mobile number.

Bottomline: CDMA is better than GSM.

Reliance is not better than .....???( I can't compare with TATA and other operators, because I don't know about their services, but sure Reliance Customer care and Quality of Services became very bad condition)

why tata should oppose reliance to allow cdma to gsm conversion (same number from cdma to the same number on gsm) ????

even tata is almost set to start the gsm services. I think tata cdma customers are also there who want to switch to tata gsm once it lauched.

i think this type of conversions are not possible for both tata and relaince. number series are different (reliance 93XXXXXXXX to 90XXXXXXXX) and (tata 92XXXXXXXX to 90XXXXXXXX)

what's your stand guys ????

Well.. 2 observations here:

1) Reliance will surely gain from this internal number portability as ppl are fed up with their defective CDMA handsets.

Almost 60% handsets had problems before the LG 3000 series were launched. Now too, many ppl hate CDMA sets as it gets hot, bad battery life etc.

2) What will happen when these 80% customers (laymen don't understand benefits of CDMA) shift to GSM?

Will Rcomm not face any sort of problems. Or is it that the exisitng infrastructure takes care of both GSM/CDMA so they are hardly bothered?

they may rent out the infrastructure to new comers..

Edited by savramesh

Sure, CDMA is better than GSM, no doubt. I have been using RIM, Bharti, BSNL and Vodafone simultaneously. I have average monthly use of 800 to 1000 mins. All are prepaid and using with 2 handsets ie RIM and one GSM SIM. No one is giving tariff like RIM to us(Kerala circle). no rental, 0.50 for local and 1.00 for STD and roaming. Full talk time with 201, 501 vouchers (including tax amount). 0.05 per 10 KB when using WAP through opera mini (may be discontinued at any time, Its a mistake from reliance)

A user like me RIM is the best choice. I had taken other connections to change my RIM connection, but I couldn't do so. Usually I am using BSNL Student Suvidha connection with RIM for using its Free 2500 SMSs. But network is too bad. All GSM networks has more than 3 towers in our small town. I am getting BSNL network from 4 CELLs. But RIM have only 2 towers ie two sides of our hilly town.

Narinder

I agree with you. I am an old GSM user and recently added one CDMA connection. The voice quality is much better and the rate of call drop is very less in RCOM as compared to other GSMs.