Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
compenn

Lg Rd 7230 Video Camera Phone

;) Guys, i'm planning to upgrade to LG7230 from 2030, & it'll cost me Rs 17,300/- (for the upgrade). can anybody guide me wether its worth its price?? HELP??

:o

not worth 17k, definately.

go for similar model of gtran, under 10k

Compenn, If you ask me, none of the current models are worth it. 17 k absolutely not ...just take a look at what you could get in the GSM market with that!! ;) Hopefully, RIM will come out with much better new models ...as they have promised. I'g going to wait to upgrade my RD 2030. If nothing worthwhile comes up soon, I'd just switch to a GSM.

i was of a similar opinion racoon that i'll get a brilliant sony ericcsson T610 with camera & bluetooth capabilities for 10K. but in GSM i dont get DAPO so its kinda same i'll save 7K which i can definitely use 4 a lot of calls.

LG RD 7230 is not at all worth above 10000 Rs ,

Only thing is it have a camara which is best (in CDMA and GSM ) compared toany other phone

but all other features are frustating

yes u can transfer pics into comp from ur phone... U can even transfer pics from ur comp into the phone.

there r lot many thing su can do with the phone. U can create ur own screensaver and upload it on ph. Imagine each time u bump into ur fiancee or gf..and she flip opens the ph and sees her own screensaver... ur paisa vasool :P .....

u can also make small video clippings and download it on to ur comp. There is still no way of uploading movies on to ph yet.

Price wise..i feel they should have added few more features..like a built in radio... or a speaker ph function..or the capability to record audio while recording video.

The IRDA function is useless..coz its only compatable with similar phones having same facility.

I will like to mention here that effective cost of GTran is less than 12001/-. By paying this you get:

1. You get Data Cable worth Rs 2500/-.

2. One extra battery worth Rs 1800/-

So cost of 1 handset + 1 Data cable + 2 Battery = 12001

For 1 battery + 1 Handset you pay = 12001 - 2500 - 1800 = 7701

Handsfree and software CD are in both packages.

When we compare price we must also consider accessories available.

Therefore a standard package of GTran costs 7701.

Which is very much comparable with GSM handsets. Because of GTran’s unique features I think it’s even cheaper than the LG 5130.

Moreover it has RUIM. Thus till date if you want to go for Reliance and r ready to spend a few bucks then you must opt for GTran.

Gtran doent have a camera but that depends how good is the 7230 photo quality.

probably 2 batteries are included in 7230 also. further there are not many service centers for Gtran, as for LG. what say u?

for service centre

gtran handset is exchanged with new one if any fault found during warranty. ww provide service.

GTran has camera for that you hv to pay 2000 more. it has to be yours pockets decission.

LG 7230 is bit costly again a burden on pocket.

PC sync of GTran is much better than LG. rworld conditions for both r same except 1 or 2 applications.

Saurav u r in which city? here in delhi the GTRAN handset is not avilable at any web worlds. at some web worlds they say its been discontinued due to certain faults in the handset. at other web worlds they say it is just out of stock and they'll be coming soon.

its been discontinued due to certain faults in the handset.

i am in chandigarh.

can u tell me the faults u r talking abt. the only fault known to me is tht less no of Rworld applications are available. this is a fault in rworld server not in handset. moreover this is a problem with all the handsets of higher range sold by reliance. but pc sync software of gtran always makes gtran the most preffered handset at least for me.

I would prefer 7230 over GTRAN anyday coz of loads of reasons. I have seen GTRAN in operation and it's nowhere in the league with 7230.

amongst the two, 7230 is loaded with rich features. Even looks wise 7230 is more elegant than GTRAN.

I dont think there is any probs with pcsync sof of 7230. I find it very userfriendly and eay to operate.

The pics and video quality of 7230 is also amazing.

Now LG 7230 is available for Rs 9999/- . lets see what do they charge 4 upgrade. wether they allow it or not. can lokesh ,dhananjay or somebody post an image taken from 7230 on this forum. please. :rolleyes:

I dont think there is any probs with pcsync sof of 7230. I find it very userfriendly and eay to operate.

Can u upload midi files as ringtones in LG 7230. i can do this in GTran by PC sync. if u require camera then LG 7230 is good option. but even 7230 gives stamp size photo which is of no use.

for camera prefer 7230 over GTran

Hi everybody,

As the price of LG RD 7230 been reduced to 10K, i am thinking o fbuying it. Earlier it was too expensive to buy. At that time we could have got Nokia 6600 for the same price of it. And still its a way little bit expensive as we are getting phones with memory card in 10K range. But we have no option. after all these reliance people are too smart for us.

Can someone please upload a picture taken from LG RD7230 handset, so that we all who are interested in buying it can see the quality of the picture.

Thanks in advance.

Abhishek.

even i've been trying to buy the LG 7230 since the last few days.

but unfortunately none of the reliance webworlds accept american express cards.

the 7230 also has one more thig thats better than the gtran.... SMS..... am i right? plus its smaller & thinner & lighter.

Abhishek, please read the post by Code (just above your post)

even i've been trying to buy the LG 7230 since the last few days.

But , hyper what would u do with your old handset because they are not allowing handset upgradation. u will also be given a new billing plan? what about that.

I'm facing the same problem that i have DAPO and if they dont allow upgradation i'll have to get a new connection, but what about my DAPO n my old handset?

the 7230 also has one more thig thats better than the gtran.... SMS..... am i right? plus its smaller & thinner & lighter.

GTran weigh 88 while 7230 120

so which is lighter

I'm facing the same problem that i have DAPO and if they dont allow upgradation i'll have to get a new connection, but what about  my DAPO n my old handset?

Customer care ppl say U can h/s even on DAPO - U have to surrender old set but continue with installments on that.

But this is prolly the only official option available as of now.

u cant transfer your dapo with same number on LG7230. the upgrade option they are giving for LG 7130 for Rs.14000 if u surrender handset and 11000/- if u do not surrender. Please let me know if u have any information regarding transfer of DAPO on LG 7230 from 2030