Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
HetalDP

Reliance Gsm Networks Features And Gprs Settings

I am unable to get GPRS setting in BB8830 i got from sadik bhai. I get a message telling "Receiver Dear Customer, your handset information is not in Database" I have lodged a complaint with customer care-*333. Is there any way out or have to bear with this. Pls help :signthankspin:

I have the same problem as well. Will the manual settings work in this case? Is there a procedure available to add handset to Reliance database?

Thats why i have given Manual Settings

Is there a procedure available to add handset to Reliance database?

no ....reliance doesnt add sprint blacberries to their database .....to use the bis/bes u have to purchase only from them then only ur id will get updated in their database

but to access gprs ( opera/google maps ) u can use manual apn settings

1. Support Enhanced EDGE with Fiber backbone which can give Pratically 220 kbps speed to Latest EDGE Handsets
  2. Only GSM Network which Support Over The Air (OTA) time Sync (Automatically Sync Phone clock to Network the way it happens in CDMA)
  3. SIM Toolkit Version 2.0 Support, All SIM Card is power which STK Version 2.0 which can make Automated Configuration Request, OTA PRL and Commands Updates. OTA SIM Contact Updates and Programming, Handset Initiated SMS etc.
  4. R-World (The Same R-World) intranet WAP Site is extended to GSM Network users also. If your have GPRS / WAP Settings Enable you can Access R-World and manage so many things the way we did it in CDMA Service. You can reach R-World by Visiting http://wap.rworld.co.in on your Handsets
  5. Assisted GPS, All Tower of GSM / CDMA is suported with Assisted GPS, i am not sure that Reliance extend this Feature to GSM Handsets
  6. Frequency Beaming / Shapping. To Better cover and reused Spectrum they have got latest Towers from Trenqx from Canada which Shape / Beam Frenacy to only Targeted Area, so Same 4.4 Mhz can be Devided in 4 Slice and 4/1 Network can be made.
  7. Call Waiting / Call Diverting Feature can be Activated using The GSM OTA commands or By Dialing *62*93xxxxxxxx#
  8. MCA / Missed Call Alerts is allowed but dont know about Status
  9. Caller Tunes is working fine we can Activate using SMS, Calls to 51234, R-World or from rcom.co.in Website using Mobile Number and Password.
  10. RCom.co.in site can be use to take login Create A/c for Mobile and pay bills and view Unbiled Usage (Same as CDMA)

Important Numbers

Voice Numbers

Recharge = *368

Balance INquirey = *367

Custoimer Care = *333 or 022-30333333 or Tall Free = 18001003333 Admin menu / Common Access Number = *369

Language Menu = *364

USSD Menu = *123#

Caller Tunes = 51234567

RWorld Menu = 51234

Call Divert = *62*93xxxxxxxx#

USSD Codes

Recharge = *368 (14 Digit Recharge Voucher) #

Balance Inquiry = *367#

SMS Codes

Balance Inquiry = Type BAL and send to 53670

To Subscribed Caller Tunes = Send sms SUBCT to 51234

To Unsubscribed Caller Tunes = Send sms UNSUBCT to 51234

Dont Call Registry Activation = sms START DND send to 1909

EMail

Customer Care = gsmCustomerCare@RelianceADA.com

Reliance GSM GPRS Settings

Reliance GSM WAP Setting ( Required to run RWorld)

APN: rcomwap

Login Request Required : off

Authentication : PAP

Data Compression : off

Header Compression : off

Settings Name: Mobile World

Home Page / WAP Page: http://wap.rworld.co.in

Proxy: Yes

Proxy Server Address : 010.239.221.005

Port : 8080

Full Address in case of Windows Phone : 010.239.221.005:8080

User Name = leave it blank

Pass word = leave it blank

Reliance GSM MMS Setting ( Required to to Send and Receive MMS)

APN: rcommms

Login Request Required : off

Settings Name: Reliance MMS

Home Page / WAP Page: http://wap.rworld.co.in

Proxy: Yes

Proxy Server Address : 010.239.221.005

Port : 8080

Full Address in case of Windows Phone : 010.239.221.005:8080

User Name = leave it blank

Pass word = leave it blank

Reliance GSM NetConnect ( Required for Emails and Actual GPRS) only allowed in Post Paid GSM

APN: rcomnet

Login Request Required : ON

Settings Name: Reliance NetConnect

Home Page / WAP Page: http://google.com

Proxy: no

Proxy Server Address : leave it blank

Port : leave it blank

Full Address in case of Windows Phone : leave it blank

User Name = 9021310001 ( Your 10 Digit MDN )

Pass word = 9021310001 ( Your 10 Digit MDN )

iPhone will not Support WAP Setting because of non Support of Proxy based Internet, iPhone will require Pure Reliance GPRS Setting. and also iPhone will not support RWorld because of non Proxy Support.

Google G1 Support only one APN Settings means either it will support RWorld or MMS or Internet

can we use iphone cracked version with reliance gsm ?

Of course dear friend, you can use cracked iphone (any version) with any gsm sim in the world...

Thats why i have given Manual Settings

Thanks for adding manual settings. But, even after entering those, my handset doesn't even recognize gprs/edge connectivity. It's a sony ericsson, and the icon remains faded out. Any tips?

you can use iphone ...but remember one thing safari/mail consumes a lot of data on iphone ....surfing on iphone at present gprs rates will kill you

you can hold a call and make a new call & later retrieve ur first call.

Call Conference is not working.

you can use iphone ...but remember one thing safari/mail consumes a lot of data on iphone ....surfing on iphone at present gprs rates will kill you

Nice way to put it doc.. :)

Edited by Greatest

hey man , great information. This Rel GSM looks cool and on par with CDMA . I think time is come to say goodbye to cdma.

not yet man, not yet....

We need to wait more time for fully functional GSM from Reliance

I think people will have to wait atleast six months for RGSM to become fully functional. Thats why they have offered six months of free TT.

^^^

Ofcourse you can use...

But Internet on phone wont work, Bcoz as of now there are no APN settings without Proxy.

And iPhone doesnt support Proxy.

Dear Hetal Bhai,

Any idea about how to get GPRS working on Blackberry 8830(Purch from Sadik Bhai, excellent handset) When i send message "All" to 55100, i get a message" your handset information not in database". any workaround? :signthankspin:

I think Sadik's BB8830 dont support Proxy.

Check with Sadik If it supports Proxy,

Then Create Manual Connections

Thats it.

I am using a HTC P3300 but i am unable to configure the proxy settings can someone help me out with it?

After adding a new connection, i dont see the tab for proxy settings...

You can enter proxy settings only when you configure it as your 'My work network'..However I'm still not able to browse R-World on ma HTC Touch Viva..i specified the proxy as 010.239.221.005:8080 but i always get an error..When I try it on my nokia phone its working absolutely fine..Anybody managed to get R-World working on a Windows phone??..

R-World is working for me on my HTC P3300 everything works in internet explorer...google maps also works but i am unable to use a couple of other applications namely Octrotalk(google talk like client for WM) and Mobicast (cricinfo software to follow scores)

Any idea how i can get these 2 applications to work? Octrotalk and Mobicast.....

Is anyone using GPRS on CEP SIM? I tried to get the settings from R-Menu--> Get Settings--> GRPS. But I didn't receive it.

I entered the settings manually as given by Hetal in the first page of this thread. But that too didn't work. I am using N73 and its showing Edge Network. Still I don't get connected.

Update: After trying numerous times, I was able to access R-World(just once not working now) using the WAP settings(rcomwap). But cannot access any other site!!

Edited by srk006

^^Same problem here.. unable to use GPRS, even the R-World page doesn't open :(

Do we have to maintain any minimum balance to use GPRS.

Is anyone able to access all wap sites?

Its working for me. I am using Google Maps and other apps on n73.