Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
HetalDP

Reliance Gsm Networks Features And Gprs Settings

@shashank

I am using the WAP settings given by Hetal in the first page of this thread.

Even iam using the same settings but it still doesnt work :(

It will show the 'E'(EDGE) symbol but the site doesnt open at all(including rworld homepage).

BTW, which mobile are u using and do we have to maintain minimum balance of Rs.25 or something like that?

Edited by shashank

Hurray!!!!!!

finally i am able to access the net and its damn fast compared to the Vodafone GPRS/EDGE :)

And what are the charges actually? Is it free or 10p/10kb?

^^ I am using on N73-M and have 20rs main balance. Even I was not able to connect it in the first few days. Only from 2 days it started working. So keep trying. :)

Edit : Nice to hear that its working for you. :thumb:

Till now nothing was charged for me. So I think its free for now.

Edited by srk006

n73 can get directly setting from reliance

send sms ALL to 55100....

Hurray!!!!!!

finally i am able to access the net and its damn fast compared to the Vodafone GPRS/EDGE :)

i think so reliance website id free but other is charge 10p/10kb and reliance have come up 4 different plans.

im using nokia 7210 supernova site are opening properly but i have able to access mig33/opera mini and ebuddy application

I am able to use WAP and browse all the pages, but am unable to use Opera or other net applications. can anyone give me the settings for the same. I am using Nokia 3120 classic.

Finally after several complaints over the last 2 and 1/2 months, finally RCOM was able to enable GPRS on 2 of my mobiles N81 and SEW660i. The speeds are awesome. And you have to choose the 10p/10kb plan.

On removing the SIM and re-inserting it, you will be asked if you wanty to download settings, you have to choose-yes. The ther way is to go to RMenu (SIM Toolkit) and there at the bottom of the list, you will find -GET SETTINGS - here you will have 3 choices - GPRS Settings, WAP Settings and MMS Settings. One by one choose them and be patient while it downloads all the required settings. Once it is done, you will be able to access the net from your mobile. The default website wap.rworld.co.in will fire in and here you will have to go to Mobile Internet plans and choose the plan you like. There are 4 plans. I chose 10p/10kb plan. OperaMini is working terrific. Other apps , I have not tried yet, will post later.

GPRS in most parts of Delhi is not working yet.

Best feature of RGSM is that you get to hear the "all routes are busy..." whenever you try to dial any number. Since no call is completed, no money is spent resulting in huge savings.

GPRS in most parts of Delhi is not working yet.

Best feature of RGSM is that you get to hear the "all routes are busy..." whenever you try to dial any number. Since no call is completed, no money is spent resulting in huge savings.

ha ha ha

hi frnds im using htc p3400i phone...i tried wap and net settings posted on the first page but im unable to get the access....if i enter the site in internet explorer it was showing that REMOTE PARTY ENDED THE CONNECTION.....i live in chennai also im using reli gsm postpaid connec......can anyone help me to solve this problem i would be very much thankful....

thank u

ya frnd i tried.....but same problem exists......also i tried netconnect in that i cant enter usrname and passwrd for proxy bcoz it was not enabling.....it ll enable only if i enterd the proxy address but our frnds told we shld leave blank in the proxy address.....so i cant enter proxy address...sorry for troubling u all

What hetal has mentiond clearly shows that reliance has still heads inherited from cdma psyche. Why they want to complicate gsm as well?

lol.... badiya sa 'rock' bhejta hoon...

he guys, hows reliance GSM network? at par with CDMA in rural areas? hows connectionin various cities apart from metro? i have GSM prepaid in Mumbai, works fine no problem.. want to know about remote areas..

In Punjab they dont have coverage with in cities so can't hope for remote coverage.

From launch I am complaining abt indoor coverage but no solution.

I was using WAP since long time. But I am not able to connect since last 5-6 days. A screen with reliance logo in background is appearing with the following text

"Billing Error"

What may be the solution.

Hi everybody,

I have a reliance gsm service sim card from west bengal and a HTC magic mobile phone (no OTA possible). I purchased the 303 recharge giving me unlimited access for one month.

All was working fine while I was in Wesst Bengal both in a remote village near Butan and Kolkata.

But now I am in Mumbai and I cannot access the net at all. I have tried your solution (even the one for postpaid connection) without success.

In the topic you mention that it works only for postpaid but I have a prepaid connection and it was working fine in West bengal. Does someone know settings for prepaid connection?

Thank in advance for your help,

Sincerely,

Ronan

Reliance speed is certainly much much better than Airtel. I am preparing for MNP too (Will switch my GSM to reliance)

So bought Reliance SIM and I could download about 2.42 MB in just 2.5 minutes. Thats almost 60% better than airtel. I was never able to download about 2.5 MB in less than 4 minutes.

Not sure, I do not have any data plan / net connect plan on my GSM connection, All I have is GPRS activated which I use regularly thru my HTC phone (Postpaid)

I want to browse Internet on my PC through my mobile phone connection, so can I do it without any Net connect plan? Cant I use Internet Sharing feature?

I have tried using Internet sharing feature and I am able to access sites on phone, but on the PC it does not work.

Please help

For Pure Net (APN = rcomnet)

Email to customercare.smartphone@relianceada.com

with Following Details

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sir,

My Mobile Number is

Number = 8080073273

Connection Type = Post Paid / Prepaid (What ever)

IMEI of HTC Handset = 353763019771571 (Any HTC IMEI)

Mobile Model = HTC Touch 2 (Pretend that you owns this Phone and want to use it)

Please Activate the Following Windows Internet Plan on my Number ASAP

Windows Data Plan to opt Rs 199 / 500 MB (Rs 199 for 500 MB or Rs 95 for 200 MB Select the Plan see bottom link for details)

Thank you,

Your Name

Your RGSM Number / Your State Circle

Your EMAIL ID

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for more details

http://www.rcom.co.i.../prosumers.html

For Pure Net (APN = rcomnet)

Email to customercare.smartphone@relianceada.com

with Following Details

Dear Sir,

My Mobile Number is

Number = 8080073273

Connection Type = Post Paid / Prepaid (What ever)

IMEI of HTC Handset = 353763019771571 (Any HTC IMEI)

Mobile Model = HTC Touch 2 (Pretend that you owns this Phone and want to use it)

Please Activate the Following Windows Internet Plan on my Number ASAP

Windows Data Plan to opt Rs 199 / 500 MB (Rs 199 for 500 MB or Rs 95 for 200 MB Select the Plan see bottom link for details)

Thank you,

Your Name

Your RGSM Number / Your State Circle

Your EMAIL ID

for more details

http://www.rcom.co.i.../prosumers.html

Thanks Hetal, Are you trying to say that I will need a data plan only then I can use the phone to browse internet on the PC?

I have purchased a Nokia 2700 classic recently. I am trying to activate GPRS settings for my RCOM gsm mobile on this phone but in vain. I tried by sending ALL to 55100 and also through Rworld menu on the phone but in vain. I happened to see this post which had the manual settings, but unfortunately i dont know how to do this stuff. The problem is that i dont know where to enter this manual stuff. Do i have to create a new connection for this?

I am totally confused!!!!!!!

Please help!!!!!!!!

Also mine is a prepaid connection. Will the s manual settings work, because it is specifically mentioned that it is for postpaid only??????????

I called up RCOM cc and they asked me for my IMEI number. They had the audacity to tell me that the IMEI number is not valid hence i am unable to access the internet. So i asked them why they are allowing me to make calls and they were speechless!!!!!!

Edited by vvinayakpai