Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tezo

New Handset From Samsung For Reliance !

:help: I have just got info. frm RCC, that they r introducing new handset in Sep-04 is Samsung model rest detail I haven't got frm them. Is there any one know abt. it?? Or I got wrong info. from them :wacko:

any idea about the model no, price, features etc

Edited by Chirag

Not yet sure abt. new model no., price shud be approx 7K, will revert as soon as have any further info.

Edited by Chirag

God! save users from samsung mobiles that too their own chipset. Means absolutely user UNFRIENDLY

I welcome comments on my belief.

New Samsung Handset for Rs.999

That's what I have heard....

Can some body confirm it before I do?

Well i heard about TATA giving such kinda offers with Kyocera handsets but dint know about Reliance

Where did u get this info from?

Plz mention the source..

Reliance Town Office...

Tata is giving C131 for Rs.1750

Reliance is launching a new Samsung handset. I have the image, but i dont know how to attcah it. Its black with amber backlight and its cool.

NEW HANDSET PIC .

guys did u like the new handset. i didnt

IT LOOKS LIKE SONY ERICCSON T-105.

post-7-1094536728_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chirag

World's 'slimmest' CDMA phone for Rs 2999

Rediff.com | September 07, 2004

Giving greater impetus to the Code Division Multiple Access segment, Samsung India on Tuesday launched 'the slimmest' CDMA phone in the country through an exclusive tie-up with Reliance Infocomm Ltd.

'Slim Ultra', which the company claims to be the world's slimmest CDMA phone, is priced at Rs 2,999 for Reliance subscribers in, both, pre-paid and post-paid categories.

"We hope to give greater impetus to the CDMA sector by launching this phone," K S Kim, president and CEO (South West Asia) and MD of Samsung India, told reporters in New Delhi, adding that the company expects to fuel the growth of CDMA industry in India through innovative product launches.

Reliance Infocomm has been working with multiple vendors like LG, Nokia and Samsung, Praveen Pasricha, head (sales), Reliance Infocomm, said.

"While LG has supplied us almost 8 million mobile phones, Samsung has supplied us so far with 2 million mobile phones; but the focus of the two companies is different, with LG focussing more on mass market and Samsung targeting the high-end customers."

This model, which has been customised for Indian users, has a phone book memory of 2000 entries, 16 polyphonic ring tones, Hindi SMS and it works on CDMA 800 mhz frequency. -- PTI

07look.jpg

Models displaying the 'world's slimmest' CDMA mobile phone from Samsung in New Delhi on Tuesday

hmm, seems like an improvement, since our current handsets (RD2030) work at base CDMA freq. of about 400Mhz

World's 'slimmest' CDMA phone for Rs 2999

Quite Interesting! Taking from the past experience, hopefully this Samsung handset is equally stable! Should be a good deal in 3000 bucks!

Any idea, whether it has R-World / R-Connect?

hmm, seems like an improvement, since our current handsets (RD2030) work at base CDMA freq. of about 400Mhz

why u forget my gtran it supports 800 Mhz

basically what's the advantage of this frequency.

why u forget my gtran it supports 800 Mhz

basically what's the advantage of this frequency.

i forgot gtran cauz i dont have a gtran :help:

and the advantage is that 800mhz has greater bandwidth

required for newer services such as high(er) speed data communication

i am afraid u r wrong, the bandwidth depends on the band of frequency allotted not on the value of the frequency. And as far as 400 MHz frequency goes, the reliance has been alloted the 800 MHz CDMA band, so all reliance phones have to use the 800 Mhz band....this is not of any technical hinderance

U are right the details of the handset are below,,,,,,,,,,,

hi all,

Reliance has launched the new slim ultra mobile phone, for 2999 only, anyone got to see the phone.

Details are below.............

Giving greater impetus to the Code Division Multiple Access segment, Samsung India on Tuesday launched 'the slimmest' CDMA phone in the country through an exclusive tie-up with Reliance Infocomm Ltd.

'Slim Ultra', which the company claims to be the world's slimmest CDMA phone, is priced at Rs 2,999 for Reliance subscribers in, both, pre-paid and post-paid categories.

"We hope to give greater impetus to the CDMA sector by launching this phone," K S Kim, president and CEO (South West Asia) and MD of Samsung India, told reporters in New Delhi, adding that the company expects to fuel the growth of CDMA industry in India through innovative product launches.

Reliance Infocomm has been working with multiple vendors like LG, Nokia and Samsung, Praveen Pasricha, head (sales), Reliance Infocomm, said.

"While LG has supplied us almost 8 million mobile phones, Samsung has supplied us so far with 2 million mobile phones; but the focus of the two companies is different, with LG focussing more on mass market and Samsung targeting the high-end customers."

This model, which has been customised for Indian users, has a phone book memory of 2000 entries, 16 polyphonic ring tones, Hindi SMS and it works on CDMA 800 mhz frequency. -- PTI

hi all,

Reliance has launched the new slim ultra mobile phone, for 2999 only, anyone got to see the phone.

Details are below.............

For picture go to this link

http://in.rediff.com/money/2004/sep/07look.htm

I guess, 2000 phone book entries is too much !

Could have used that memory for something useful :help: