Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

bolt.jpg

BOLT is a free downloadable browser that offers an uncompromised browsing experience on even lower-end mobile phones. Rather than offering a simplified, mini version of the Internet, BOLT provides users with a fast, efficient, feature-rich way to enjoy full PC-style web pages and rich media applications on all levels of mobile devices. Built on Bitstream’s ThunderHawk browsing technology, BOLT is the result of 5+ years experience developing mobile browsers that optimize usability, speed and performance on resource-constrained systems with limited memory, processing power and screen space.

The Features:

It’s Java ME (J2ME), so it should work on most featurephones. Don’t expect it to work on your iPhone, though.

WebKit based rendering engine

• Relatively lightweight - 150kb storage, 500kb of RAM required
  • Fast! In BOLT’s words: “Bitstream measured download speeds of 13 popular websites including Amazon.com, CNN.com, ESPN.com and nytimes.com. The second fastest browser averaged download speeds in excess of 18 seconds across all pages. On the same phones, using the same networks, BOLT’s average download speed was under 13 seconds, a full 5.5 seconds faster. “
  • Like Opera Mini (the main J2ME competition), data is passed through a proxy for rendering and compression before being passed to the handset, speeding things up and saving battery life. It’s generally a good thing, though such practices tend to spook most security-minded folk. Pages are compressed at a rate of 23:1.
  • RSS reader built in, with automatic feed detection
  • “Split screen browsing” - 2/3 of the screen shows the full page, serving as a mini-map with a highlighting box, while the other 1/3 shows the magnified area.
  • URL auto completion
  • Phone numbers automatically parsed for Click-to-call
  • User interface is currently English only, but the browser can render pages written in any Western-European language.
  • AJAX support, and Flash video support (Sort of - it’ll take FLV files and convert them to the more mobile-friendly 3GP format, streaming that to you.) Note that that’s Flash video, not Flash in its entirety.

http://boltbrowser.com/index.html

this browser is still in closed beta .but anyways i got a copy .uploading for all you to try

Bitstream_BOLT_v0.73.zip

I am going to give it a try.

What post of connection does it require.socket or http?

I am going to give it a try.

What post of connection does it require.socket or http?

I am using it with my E71. till now only one crash. Awesome browser! but for you tube - the native browser in E71 rocks!!!

I have also tried skyfire. Did not like it much. Btw - opera beats any browser in terms of speed.

can anyone pls post the unsigned bolt application here, as i am not able to download the same coz i have not subscribed to rworld data plan..

this browser is specially meant for low end feature phones which donot have smartphone os ..

it is better and faster than opera mini with an added advantage of been able to watch you tube videos

Also no flash support.it's in private beta testing phase.

Also no flash support.it's in private beta testing phase.

it doesnt have flash built in .but u can watch online videos thru it.it converts .flv files to 3gpp which can be viewed then

it is faster than opera mini

i had asked the following earlier

can anyone pls post the unsigned bolt application for 6265 here, as i am not able to download the same due to non- subscription of rworld data plan..

i tried signed version but it says certificate not on phone or ruim..

I have used the browser.it is a good one.but one major issue,the largest font size is also very small compared to opera mini.letters are unreadable unless one's eyes are in very good condition.i have come across another java browser.it's name is UCWEB.from the menu options it looks to be very feature rich,even better than bolt.but the only problem is,it is not working on reliance network.but it is working on airtel and voda.perhaps it requires some twiling to work on reliance.

Techies please visit

www.ucweb.com

and download and try it.also you can visit

http://wap.ucweb.com

from your phone's native browser and download.i could not.it have me error message (unsupported content type)

so if anybody succeeds in using it on reliance,please post experience here.

download it from here (PC download)

Download Link

i couldnt download coz its showing in diff language

app attached got from another website, i tried but reliance network not supporting..

UCWEB_51_1_9_07071913.jar

Edited by savramesh

i have ucweb on my n95 ..have been using it for more than 6mnths ....it is feature rich html browser with ability to open multiple pages at a time

Somehow i didn't find anything more powerful thn opera.

Somehow i didn't find anything more powerful thn opera.

I carry the same thoughts !!

For people who want opera with multiple page browsing, saved pages etc, can try Opera Mod. It was posted earlier on this forum. Or google it.

I am using OperaMini 4.2 though. The Opera Mod does not work on my 6265 currently Earlier it was working, now it is not. Even Yahoo Go! is not working.

i am using opera 4.1..

@Kumaarshah

thanks for opera 4.2 information..

i tried to download 4.2 from opera site but i got only 3.1, can you please upload 4.2 here..

Edited by savramesh

i tried it on my BB curve and its very good. Best part about is BOLT is few pages i was not able to open like icici bank and hsbc bank, with bolt i am able to use all those and download songs and pictures.