Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
umeshkamat

Discount On Blackberry 8830 World Edition?

Today I have received the following message.

"A Smartphone at smart price. Now save Rs. 7000/- on BlackBerry 8330 World Edition from Relaince Mobile. SMS WORLD to 55454 to know more."

Is this a confirmed news. As usual, I could not get more info from CC.

Umesh

Yes, Earlier it was Rs.30990/ Now Rs.23990/-

BlackBerry 8330 World Edition

Its 8830 not 8330.

24k is still expensive for 8830 knwoing the fact that one still has to pay the premium in form of bis to use primary functions of the phone ie push email

A black berry even @ 10k is costly in indian context due to the costly data plan.unless one goes for a bb data plan,keeping that line of phone is useless.

It is not suggestable to Buy from Reliance WW, since several restrictions were embedded in the phone. If we buy from outside we can use on any one of the CDMA network.

@sadikk

if you are giving this phone for 12.5K, does it have all functionality as of the reliance one; and can bb service be enabled on the handset procured from you?

@dkalie

the handsets sadikk is selling is unlocked one ....it has all the functionalities that reliance b8830 has .

the only thing is that u cant activate bb services for reliance cdma as they wont accept blackberry PIN ...

but since it is unlocked one you can use any gsm sim in it and procure bis from your gsm provider and use the browser and push email/messenger .without the bis /bes the browser wont work but u can set gprs settings manually .u can install opera on the phone which will work though with gprs.

@nellorian

even if u get a reliance bb8830 chuck the restictions ...u still have possibilty of getting it on other cdma network and any gsm network :SI:

I Purchased the set(8830 WE) from Sadik & happy to say that it's a right choice. Though BIS/BES on cdma doesn't work but still a very good handset. If u can do without camera, best handset in this price. Also, it has a facility of editing word & power point docs edit if u upgrade to os ver 4.5. USP of the phone to me is exceptional build quality , finish, impressive looks (To me at least) & above all, good battery life. One drawback with reliance handset is that if you want to change the network from CDMA to GSM or vice versa, you have to restart the phone, whereas in this one, it takes hardly a few seconds(Less than 10) to switch the network. Also, GPS through Google Maps works fine if you have net connection. :GirandoOjos:

Does Reliance netconnect work on the unlocked 8830 being sold by sadik ?

I Purchased the set(8830 WE) from Sadik & happy to say that it's a right choice. Though BIS/BES on cdma doesn't work but still a very good handset. If u can do without camera, best handset in this price. Also, it has a facility of editing word & power point docs edit if u upgrade to os ver 4.5. USP of the phone to me is exceptional build quality , finish, impressive looks (To me at least) & above all, good battery life. One drawback with reliance handset is that if you want to change the network from CDMA to GSM or vice versa, you have to restart the phone, whereas in this one, it takes hardly a few seconds(Less than 10) to switch the network. Also, GPS through Google Maps works fine if you have net connection. :GirandoOjos:

not as of now :Equivocado:

Does Reliance netconnect work on the unlocked 8830 being sold by sadik ?

Hi Nawal

1. I am using 8830. BPL has unlimited GPRS for Rs 49 pm on Prepaid. Have u/anyone explored it? Can someone pl chk & pot the experince here. I am using MTNL GPRS but is pathetic.

2. I tried using Google Maps on GSM as well as CDMA but with no luck, R u using Ggogle Map with GSM or CDMA? WHich Opeartor it is working?

3. I am Tata on CDMA. Tata is now activating BIS on 3rd party BBs. However Data plans are still high. I am told that BSNL is laucnhing BB shortly - befor 31 Mar'09. Hopefully prices will fall then.

Pl revert with ur answers

Thanks

Hey Guys,

Official update from RComm..

-----------------

We are pleased to announce a promotional offer on the BlackBerry Worldphone 8830.

Individual Consumer Offer:

The BlackBerry 8830 - World Edition shall be made availably to all the consumers at a Special price of Rs.23,990/- a discount of Rs.7000/-

The HDFC Zero interest -EMI offer is also available with the special price offer EMI of Rs. 2666/- for 9 months.

Corporate Offer

Buy 5 nos of 8830 handsets @Rs.23,990/- and get 1 Pearl - CDMA - 8130 absolutely Free !!!

Buy 10 nos of 8830 handset @Rs.23,990 and Get 2 nos Pearl CDMA - 8130 free + an additional 10 CALs free

Buy 20 nos of 8830 handset@ Rs.23,990 and get 4 nos Pearl CDMA- 8130 Free + BES & 20 CALs free

For all the above - A special 2500 BlackBerry Plan can be offered - Unlimited Voice & Data per month @ Rs. 2501/-

Duration

The offer is valid till stocks last and is a limited period offer. It is on first come first serve basis.

------------------

But many of us have already got 2501 plan activated on BB 8830 WE without going for multiple handsets.

@dkalie

the handsets sadikk is selling is unlocked one ....it has all the functionalities that reliance b8830 has .

the only thing is that u cant activate bb services for reliance cdma as they wont accept blackberry PIN ...

but since it is unlocked one you can use any gsm sim in it and procure bis from your gsm provider and use the browser and push email/messenger .without the bis /bes the browser wont work but u can set gprs settings manually .u can install opera on the phone which will work though with gprs.

@nellorian

even if u get a reliance bb8830 chuck the restictions ...u still have possibilty of getting it on other cdma network and any gsm network :SI:

Hi Mufaddal,I have bb8830 and now i have shifted to a new city for a new job and my company here is having a CUG with airtel.But i want to use the same phone for airtel. Ijust want to know how to manually configure gprs settings so that i can use a operamini browser to browse internet without activating bis/bes.pls help

i want to take a blackberry connection with tata indicom as they have a very good platinum2500 plan...

in this plan:

all std/local call to any network is unlimited free

also data services r also unlimited free.

i just want to know if i purchase it from sadikk....will it work or not

plz reply soon.....

i want to take a blackberry connection with tata indicom as they have a very good platinum2500 plan...

in this plan:

all std/local call to any network is unlimited free

also data services r also unlimited free.

i just want to know if i purchase it from sadikk....will it work or not

plz reply soon.....

You will not be able to activate 2500 plan of Tata in the handset purchased from Mr. Sadik.

I can get you the same plan in Reliance, if interested please coll me on 9366666666

Hey Dagaji,

Great number u got. ;) Must hv paid a huge premium to get this kind of a no. Congrats.

Hey Dagaji,

Great number u got. ;) Must hv paid a huge premium to get this kind of a no. Congrats.

Thanks for the appreciation. I did pay a premium but not much. I have one more number 9333333333 also.

@Dagaji^^^

I know only one guy who can equal the fantastic no. format u hv but he has a corporate PRI fixed line and the no. is 3000000. Hats off to u for having such a great vision.

30000000 i can pay good premium for it.

ask him for me please.

today i got call fm tataindicom.....they told that the price of bb8830 will b Rs. 23999 from 18th march.....

@dkalie

@nellorian

Hi Mufaddal,I have bb8830 and now i have shifted to a new city for a new job and my company here is having a CUG with airtel.But i want to use the same phone for airtel. Ijust want to know how to manually configure gprs settings so that i can use a operamini browser to browse internet without activating bis/bes.pls help

In TCP

use APN name : Airtel_gprs

Username & pwd - leave blank

Pl tell me if it works for u

^^^^ But he 1st needs to confirm whether this is an unlocked BB 8830.

@ technofreak#77

Where did u buy it from & which connection was being used previously ?

30000000 i can pay good premium for it.

ask him for me please.

Sadik bhai, sorry but he will not sell his number and u wont believe he didnt pay even a single paisa premium :)