Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ravi_patent

Sistema Launch On Schedule

http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/006200901231933.htm

New Delhi (PTI): Shyam Telelink (STL), a JV company between Russia's Sistema and Shyam Group, today said it has changed its name to Sistema Shyam TeleServices (SSTS).

"Sistema is the majority shareholder in this venture... As our name suggests, we envisage optimising this synergy of the two players from different countries with a clear-cut focus on becoming a strong telecom player in India," SSTS President and CEO Vsevolod Rozanov said in a statement.

SSTS is an integral and important part of the overall Sistema global expansion footprint, he added.

The name change was announced by the company following an EGM meeting where the decision for the transition from STL to SSTS was ratified, the statement said, adding that the company has shifted its principal office to Gurgaon.

"We are going full-stream with our pan-India rollout strategy as we plan to add to existing operations in the Rajasthan circle with the launch of around five more circles in the coming months," Rozanov said.

The company had earlier announced a strategic tie-up with Russia's Mobile TeleSystems OJSC to bring MTS, the largest mobile phone operator in Russia and the CIS to India.

Under the terms of agreement, Shyam Telelink will have the right to use the MTS brand in all its marketing communications and advertising in India.

SSTS has licences and spectrum to provide mobile telephony services on CDMA platform in all 22 circles across the country. It has already launched its CDMA mobile services in the Rajasthan circle under the brand name "Rainbow".

then its share price would inc .. whats symbol of this share in nse?

then its share price would inc .. whats symbol of this share in nse?

Sistema Shyam Teleservices is not a listed company. The company that is listed on the NSE, as SHYAM TELE is a different company. They are equipment manufacturers.

Share price for CDMA service provider will always low than it deserve.

So called Experts of Dalal Street never understand this technology and always blame it as wrong technology for cellular service provider.

I pitty them.

^^^

I never used GSM till last year.

I have been using Rel CDMA for last 6 years and Now I started using Reliance GSM last year.

As of Today, When I compare both Technology, I find CDMA more Powerful and better.

CDMA is anytime better than GSM.

Infact now I hate GSM.

so reliance is now proving cdma is better than gsm by introducing their own gsm.. :)

http://www.businessline.in/cgi-bin/print.p...amp;prd=bl&

Sistema Shyam Teleservices, the latest entrant in Indian mobile space, is open to more acquisitions in a bid to get quicker access to the world’s fastest growing market. The company, which was among the operators to get new licences early 2008, is aiming to offer CDMA-based mobile services across the country before the middle of 2010.

Speaking to Business Line, Mr Vsevolod Rozanov, President and CEO, Sistema Shyam Teleservices, said, “We are open to any opportunities for acquiring a mobile services company in India to speed up our roll out plans. However, there are not too many CDMA operators in the country who are looking to sell their business.”

When asked as to whether Sistema would be interested if any of the existing CDMA players, including Reliance Communications, was willing to sell their business, Mr Rozanov said, “Yes we can look at Reliance’s business if they are willing to sell. However, I do not think that is the case.” RCom was earlier considering a merger deal with South Africa-based telecom player MTN which fell through due to a dispute between the two Ambani brothers.

Sistema has already launched services in Rajasthan and is planning to begin in Tamil Nadu and Kerala by March. The company hopes to roll out services in at least 10 circles by this year-end by launching services in one or two circles each month. Sistema has got agreements with infrastructure companies to share towers. About 70-80 per cent of the towers on Sistema’s network are shared as of now but the company wants to see a higher share of owned infrastructure.

SSTL is also on the lookout to give outsourcing deals for managing its IT and call centre functions going forward. “Once we roll out our network to cover a major part of the country, we would like to have 2 or 3 companies which have a pan-Indian presence to manage our call centre requirements. It is important to have call centres with knowledge of the local language in a circle,” Mr Rozanov said.

‘Relax norms’

Sistema had earlier announced an investment of $5 billion over a five-year period in setting up the network. Mr Rozanov said the Indian Government should consider relaxing the foreign investment norms which will allow international players to bring in funds in the form of loan. “As of now the situation is under control because the financial meltdown has not impacted Indian banks in a major way. However, if the situation worsens then we could be in a spot as we are not allowed to bring in foreign funds in the form of debt. We are allowed to bring money in the form of equity but our promoters would like to have the flexibility to decide on what form they would like to pump in money into the company,” Mr Rozanov said.

The company is also working to remove the perception in the Indian market about CDMA-based mobile phones. “There is a perception that CDMA is only for the poor man because of the way it was positioned when the technology was brought into the market. We want to make sure that this perception changes so that consumers at the end of the day should not choose their operator based on technology but the quality of service and the tariff plan offered,” he said.

Mr Rozanov said that talks were on with handset vendors to make sure that the latest CDMA devices are launched in the Indian market in a bid to attract high end mobile users.

i heard that sistema will be sharing network from reliance and tata at different places..

http://www.business-standard.com/india/new...s/00/06/348120/

Russian telecom major Sistema, which has a 74 per cent stake in a joint venture with Delhi-based Shyam Telelink, got an all-India Unified Access Service Licence (UASL) last year. It is the first among the new entrants to kick-off its services, with a launch in Rajasthan four months ago. Vsevolod Rozanov, president and CEO, Sistema Shyam TeleServices spoke to Surajeet Das Gupta and I****a Russell about his strategy to become an all-India operator in 22 circles over the next eighteen months. Excerpts:

What is your pan-India rollout time table?

We launched our services in the Rajasthan circle last October, and already have more than 300,000 mobile subscribers — that’s around a tenth of the net additions. About 60 per cent of our subscribers were using mobile services provided by our competitors, so it shows that our product quality is being appreciated. We will launch our mobile network in another six circles, including Tamil Nadu and Kerala by end of May, and we shall have a pan-India presence in another year and a half.

Given you’re entering a market which already has six well-established players, and there are six more waiting to make an entry, what kind of a market share are you looking at?

That depends on the pace of the rollout. We’re looking at securing 10-15 million subscribers by the end of 18 months. We’ve taken into account the impact of number portability as well, but we haven’t seen too many markets where this has a big effect on subscriber numbers. Generally, people remain loyal to their service providers. We’re looking at a 8-10 per cent market share by 2012, by which time there will be 700 million mobile phone customers in the country.

So it helps to be one of the first among the new players?

Absolutely. I understand 50-60 per cent of users never change their operators, so this gives us a good base to build on.

Reliance Communications, which has just launched its GSM service, is offering a connection for just Rs 25 and is throwing in another 10 minutes of free talk time every day, for the first 90 days.

I don’t think this can be a sustainable long-term strategy. In any case, this has not affected our customer additions. Reliance launched its services in Rajasthan in January and our customer base in the same month rose by 5-10 per cent over December which is quite good. It is too early to study consumer trends, but I assume our segment of the market is different and they do not get attracted by the Rs 25 offer.

If another 350 million customers are to be added by 2012, and there are 12 competitors (six old and six new players) for it, the market for each of you will be quite small.

Newcomers are not the only source of customers for us. The majority of customers that we are getting in Rajasthan are through churn. I don’t think that subscribers are looking at buying a CDMA or a GSM service per se — they’re asking for quality. We are also looking at why our competitors’ customers are dissatisfied, so that we can offer them a product without these problems. This will also help differentiate us from our competitors.

GSM phones have beaten CDMA ones in India as well as the world over. Have you made the wrong choice? Plus, if you’re banking on your rivals’ customers moving to you, they have GSM phones while you have CDMA ones. So, they have to buy your phones. Doesn’t that make the cost of entry too high?

Mobile operators, who are offering CDMA, are going to continue to do that. They’re not going to switch to GSM. Second, the capex for a new CDMA network is around 25-30 per cent lower than that for a new GSM network. Third, customers who buy bundled handsets tend to be loyal. Our costs are not high — we have an entry level phone for just Rs 899, along with talk time.

How much will you save by leasing towers?

We will build about 20 per cent of the towers on our own and lease the rest. The towers that you build are yours for life. It is a strategic dilemma, but our main interest is to roll out quickly. However this also means that while our capex will be lower, our operating costs will go up since we’ll have to pay rentals on towers.

Have you bought Chinese equipment to save costs or is it that some of the European players don’t want to sell their equipment to you as they already have long-term contracts with the incumbents?

There are only three big vendors in the CDMA space. Basically there is ZTE, Huawei and Alcatel-Lucent. After having in-depth discussions with all of them, we selected two big Chinese vendors — ZTE and Huawei. With Alcatel-Lucent, there were some financing issues.

What about the mobile phones?

Our phones are mainly from China and Korea; we look at value-addition and not at low-quality products. It is reasonable to expect that a majority of the customers will not be the high-end variety, so we are currently working with Huawei and ZTE. For high-end phones, we’re working with Samsung.

By when can we expect SIM card-based CDMA phones in the Indian market?

We will definitely see them in the near future. The question is when. There are some phones of Samsung and Nokia that are already available.

Why are CDMA-operators hesitant to opt for SIM-based phones? Is it the cost or does bundling the phone along with the connection and airtime help you avoid churn?

There are historical reasons for this. For example, in Russia there is no subsidy for CDMA hand phones — the CDMA is a very high-end niche product only for high-speed data and good-quality voice. It has a small market but at the same time it has very high average revenues per user (Arpu). But in India, CDMA is around a fourth of the market, and bundling has been the norm here.

What about the mobile phones?

Our phones are mainly from China and Korea; we look at value-addition and not at low-quality products. It is reasonable to expect that a majority of the customers will not be the high-end variety, so we are currently working with Huawei and ZTE. For high-end phones, we’re working with Samsung.

Why you are not working with Sadikk? :D:D:D

post-271-1233923579_thumb.jpg

post-271-1233923629_thumb.jpg

I have been using their services in Rajasthan for past 5 months and the call quality is good. And they have the best plan for prepaid subscribers.

Handset + Starter Pack + Lifetime R-UIM = Rs 899

For the first 6 months :

* Free on-net calls & SMS in the circle 24x7

* All other local calls & SMS Re 0.50

* All NLD calls & SMS @ Re 1

And you can continue with the above plan after the six months with a recharge of Rs 100/month for which you get 100% usage value.

And all of the above without any special voucher or time limitation.

^^^

Nice plan ya.

Do thay offer RUIM ( SIM) also??

which handset u using??

and how about their postpaid plans??

^^^

Nice plan ya.

Do thay offer RUIM ( SIM) also??

which handset u using??

and how about their postpaid plans??

Yes they offer R-UIMs and R-UIM enabled handsets only. Please see line 2 of post no. 12 of this thread.

"Handset + Starter Pack + Lifetime R-UIM = Rs 899"

They only offer three handsets at the moment and I am using ZTE-C330

http://www.hellorainbow.com/cdma_handsets.asp

Postpaid plans are not available in my area and AFAIK they have not launched postpaid till date.

what about roaming?

what is mobile number series?

what data tariff wap and net both.?

this ad campaign in leading tamil newspaper appears to relate to sistema(oval sahpe resembles their MTS brand logo) and says " every thing is changing ,coming soon..

probably we can expect another cdma operator soon here

post-2714-1237623129_thumb.jpg

^^^

Is the above ad really Shyam Sistema's? If yes, we are all set to welcome yet another new entrant in the CDMA sector...

MRasool can u call or sms me please i need some more clarifications on them.

MTS Logo :)

post-271-1237676982.jpg

what about roaming?

They have a roaming agreement with Tata Indicom and I have used the same in Punjab, Haryana & Delhi.

You can only make/receive calls and SMS does not work on Tata Indicom's roaming at the moment.

The number series in Rajasthan is 9875 and 9667.

The co. is going to launch services in Tamil Nadu-Chennai and Kerala soon and the number series for these circles is 9150 and 9142 respectively.

The CDMA2000 1x data service has not bee started and hence no data plans are available.

^^^

Is the above ad really Shyam Sistema's? If yes, we are all set to welcome yet another new entrant in the CDMA sector...

Yes the above ad campaign is from Sistema Shyam Teleservices Ltd.

Although they provide services in the Rajasthan circle under the Rainbow brand, they will be launching services in Tamil Nadu-Chennai and Kerala under their Russian brand MTS

what about roaming?

They have a roaming agreement with Tata Indicom and I have used the same in Punjab, Haryana & Delhi.

You can only make/receive calls and SMS does not work on Tata Indicom's roaming at the moment.

The number series in Rajasthan is 9875 and 9667.

The co. is going to launch services in Tamil Nadu-Chennai and Kerala soon and the number series for these circles is 9150 and 9142 respectively.

The CDMA2000 1x data service has not bee started and hence no data plans are available.

good news :SI: , i was thinking that their is no roaming at all

roaming means full service mobile operator :)

but still waiting for good quality handset. :Decepcionado:

i hope co will start data service in TN and kerala from day 1 :winko:

^^^

Yes the above ad campaign is from Sistema Shyam Teleservices Ltd.

Although they provide services in the Rajasthan circle under the Rainbow brand, they will be launching services in Tamil Nadu-Chennai and Kerala under their Russian brand MTS

yes ad is from sistema and they would probabily launch on 25 or 28march

i too early waiting for MTS brand with shyam

hope it would be sim based and can be inserted in n6265...