Sistema Launch On Schedule

and i hope its ESN not pESN :P

One more company to work for......

I love Russians already.

and i hope its ESN not pESN :P

One more company to work for......

I love Russians already.

what is differnce,?

and as per my knowledge it will be SIM based, because it is sim based in rajasthan also

and today sistema has taken on the campaign to roads....billboards

Edited by ravi_patent

^^^

Yeah, I too have seen the ads, posters, etc. All round objects like idlis, vadas, jangris etc have been shaped like the egg (MTS Logo shape, as provided by sadikk above) with the comment, "all will change, coming soon"

Good that we will have one more competitor here. But MTS in Russia is only GSM AFAIK, correct me if I am wrong.Or maybe like RCOM they straddle both spheres there?

But MTS in Russia is only GSM AFAIK, correct me if I am wrong.Or maybe like RCOM they straddle both spheres there?

Ukrainian Mobile Communications which is a subsidiary of MTS have CDMA operations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukrainian_Mobile_Communications

@kumaar

MTS/sistema's strategy was to capture market..as only cdma spectrum was avlbl they have opted here for cdma,though their operations are mainly gsm based

as only cdma spectrum was avlbl they have opted here for cdma

They got this spectrum as government gave them this in priority. ( Bypassing all the Qs for license and spectrums)

as u all know we have good tie-ups with Russia since decades now our government got mad and running to USA and Israel for defense deals.

so Russians also started pumping investment in India and This is their first major investments.

somehow i love Russia more than USA, UK, and Israel. (its a world of underworlds) Read Hacking :)

@sadik

neither us /uk/russia have any love for us.it is only that they smell good business opportunity here.and for all the love they have towards us ,russians keep escalating price if the nuke sub,which they have junked themselves. and russia is so democratic now that Guantanamo Bay pales down before them

Edited by ravi_patent

@sadik

neither us /uk/russia have any love for us.it is only that they smell good business opportunity here.and for all the love they have towards us ,russians keep escalating price if the nuke sub,which they have junked themselves. and russia is so democratic now that Guantanamo Bay pales down before them

ANY IDEA ABOUT DELHI CIRCLE.WHEN THEY ARE SATRTING HERE.

dealers started preps and confirmed lainch date.26th

in rajasthan shyam telecom gives service from last 6-7 years, they came with limited mobility that time it fas great hit but now shyam is big flop in rajasthan.

In chennai, mts handsets r available already in shops. Just waiting for launch.

[ANY IDEA ABOUT DELHI CIRCLE.WHEN THEY ARE SATRTING HERE.

delhi will take atleat 8-10month time

next two are north east and west bengal

in rajasthan shyam telecom gives service from last 6-7 years, they came with limited mobility that time it fas great hit but now shyam is big flop in rajasthan.

but 2-3month ago when they lauch full service thir subcbiber grow at 15% rate, still u say flop :Confuso:

but it will hit in tamil nadu, probabily due to MTS brand :clap:

In chennai, mts handsets r available already in shops. Just waiting for launch.

which are handset? and what is website address

The company will launch the service in Chennai-Tamil Nadu circle March 26, and most likely by March 30 in Kerala,

http://www.sindhtoday.net/south-asia/78100.htm

Shyam places its bets on in-building coverage in TN

24 Mar 2009, 2047 hrs IST, Niranjana Ramesh, ET Bureau

CHENNAI: Shyam Sistema Teleservices (SSTS), which had announced plans to invest US $5 billion in Indian telecom, will begin with the launching of

its telecom services in Tamil Nadu on Thursday.

This joint venture between telecom equipment manufacturer and service provider Shyam Group and Russian telecom company Sistema SSA has placed its bets on in-building coverage in the state and Chennai city, according to sources.

Enterprise customers, particularly in Chennai city, are known to have had problems with in-building coverage with increase in saturation and congestion of the networks. It will be this segment that Shyam Sistema aims to capture through its network.

The company will launch mobile CDMA, fixed wireline and broadband services in Tamil Nadu and Chennai as separate circles, even though the company holds a combined license for the two regions. CDMA is said to have an intrinsic advantage over GSM when it comes to in-building coverage.

“We have secured a few corporate contracts for our broadband service in Chennai to kick start our operations in the enterprise sector,” sources close to the company told ET.

The company has tied up with Tata Telservices, Reliance Communications and Aircel for sharing of telecom towers, in areas where Shyam Sistema found it unviable to build a network. It has laid out its own optical fibre network for its broadband services, though.

The services will be launched under the brand MTS (mobile telesystems), which is the Russian partner’s subsidiary brand.

Shyam Sistema had acquired licences and spectrum to provide CDMA mobile services in 22 circles in the country last year. It has 5 lakh subscribers in the Rajasthan circle where it launched three months ago.

Sistema holds majority stake of 73.71 percent in the joint venture, with 2.5 percent of the being publicly held, and the rest by Shyam Group. It has been reported earlier that the Russian government is in advanced talks with Shyam Sistema to pick up a 20 percent stake in the company for Rs.34.32 billion.

The services will be rolled out first in major cities – Chennai, Madurai, Salem, Trichy and Coimbatore, followed by 100 other towns and villages.

Company authorities, when contacted, declined details, but confirmed launch of the service on the 26th.

some visitors of rimweb mistook me as a sistema staff, yesterday got one call asking for sistema franchisee and today got a call asking for a job in sistema.. :):jumpy:

in this topic only me and sadikk have our mobile numbers in signature and mine is easily noticeable. may be that made them to call me...

Edited by savramesh

^^^

Lolz :D

You must have asked them to call you as you were busy at that time :P

in this topic only me and sadikk have our mobile numbers in signature

I get strange and hilarious calls, its not sugested to put ur number in signatures.

i get calls from all over india saying saying, "Sir i have TATA Sumo, i want it to use for reliance call centre" "Sir i doubt my wife calling from my number to someone, Can u record calls?" " Sir I am very poor please can u get me job in Reliance, i am very hardworking sir" "Sir i want to marry, do reliance do matrimonial also, i told him yes we do matrimonial also, go to R-World and select shaadi.com" lol

I guide them to the best i can but, its really annoying at times, this is the reason i removed it from my signature and put my Vodafone number.

lol :grin:

The MTS India now indicates that the services have been launched in Kerala.

When I clicked on KERALA, it displayed the following message, "MTS. Now In Kerala"

But the tariff and voucher details have not been updated. SO most probably the official launch will happen on March 29th or 30th.

^^^

but this is my first experience getting such calls after being here for a long time..

lets see if i am getting too many calls then i will remove.. i have also got some calls from other members/visitors asking for reliance suggestions etc.. happy to help :)

Edited by savramesh

Click on the below link for an interview with Vsevold Rozanov,President and CEO of Sistema Shyam TeleServices Ltd

It seems even MTS India is keen on GSM services in India. But no concrete details available from the interview, just a clue......

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/ew/200...33050090300.htm

MTS is launched in Kerala. The site is updated with tariff.. same as TamilNadu

MTS forays into Kerala

Press Trust of India

Monday, March 30, 2009 : 1710 Hrs

Kochi: MTS, world's eighth largest telecom brand, on Monday launched its mobile services in Kerala and expects to complete the Indian rollout in one and half years.

The latest entrant in the Indian market, MTS has been introduced by Sistema Shyam TeleServices Ltd (SSTIL), a Joint Venture between Sistema of Russia and Shyam Group of India. It has already commenced services at Rajasthan and Tamil Nadu and the rollout in 22 circles across India is expected to be completed by one and half years, Vsevolod Rozanov, President and CEO of SSTL, told reporters here.

The brand provides mobile services in six other countries with a subscriber base of about 100 million.

MTS would be launching competitive tariffs for subscribers and go aggressive in the market, he said.

As part of its inaugural offer, MTS subscribers would be offered one million minutes free talk time. The services would be available in 117 towns across six districts, including Palakkad, Thrissur, Ernakulam, Kollam and Thiruvananthapuram.

By June-end, MTS would be present in 300 towns and by July would extend services to almost 400 towns in Kerala, he said. MTS is the eighth player to launch its services in Kerala.