Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Dharmanath

BlackBerry Query

I want to use push email and don't have an exchange server. So need mobile service provider to give the forward service.

Airtel, Vodafone, Reliance and Tata provide blackberry service and i am confused which one to use.

Vodafone and Airtel charge a whopping Rs.1000+ for the blackberry connect feature alone.

I found the GSM handsets are cheaper in the grey market with good resale value compared to CDMA.

i am a first time user so E61 or BB is no concern only that i have to get email alerts on a qwerty smart phone.

please recommend me which one should i go for with a cheaper push email facility. Handset of 14500 and yearly bb connect for 12000

Does the chinese smartphone with WM6 have push email facility ?

awaiting your response.

regards

dharmanath (AT) gmail.com

Yes, my dear friend, we should always keep in mind that CDMA handsets reasale value is always lesser then their counterparts GSM handsets. So you should go for GSM handset only.

You can opt for either Blackberry or Nokia E71 business phone.

And about the Chinese handsets, I'm Not sure whether any Chinese Smartphone with WM6 having the push mail facility or not.

Regards.

CDMA is more powerful than GSM.

Data Speed in CDMA is more.

If you decide for gsm, Airtel blackberry should be the first choise, they have a plan for 6999 for one year blackberry charges which works out around 580 per month. But as Amitji mentioned, CDMA technology is much better in terms of data transfer capabality.

if u want to go only for bb services thwn u can get bb services from airtel or vodafone as mentioned

as for your blackberry handset u can get bb8830 from sadikk at 12500/- which is much cheaper than the ones available in market .u can use both cdma nad gsm on it .

u can use your gsm connection and activate your bb services .that way u will get a cheaper balckberry

1. You do not require exchange server for BB push mail services. BIS, allows you to have push mail feature on almost all common e mail accounts like G mail, Yahoo (even Yahoo.com addresses), Hotmail and any other POP3 or IMAP accounts. You can have as much as ten email addresses configured at the same time.

2.Yes, the BB unlimited data plan is at Rs.1099 per month on reliance.

3. You can have email accounts configured on GSM phones like Nokia E71 (since the person wants QWERTY key pad),but they are cannot be push mail. (The phone can be configured to access these accounts in a periodic interval). The charges are the GPRS charges of the carrier which must be lower than that of BB.

4.As regards browsing on phone, CDMA is superior to the hitherto available EDGE on GSM phones. (At least in practice, as a person who has used both).

Finally the choice depends on how importantr are e mails to you, that is do you have to answer in realtime or whether you dont mind waiting for half an hour.

As regards phone, Nokia E71 has loads of features which are not available on Blackberry (GPS,Wifi, 3MP camera, FM radio). It is priced at Rs.19000 plus. A decent blackberry phone with a 2MP camera and musicplayer (my BB8330) costs 25,900 Rs. without any of the features above.

You choose BB for the email services, not phone features, is the final word.

Just to add to above,

I am told that BPL is offering Unltd GPRS on Prepaid for Rs 49 permonth with National Roaming.

Alas--- It was Free GPRS till 31 Dec;08 & wet paid from 1 Jan'09.

If anyone tests BPL Prepaid Unltd GPRS on BB 8830, Pl post the experince so we can take a call.

Depending on mail services you use, if using google then instead of bb go for any handset which support imap idle. There is discussion on this going on. Please search.