Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
@mitJ@in

Gps Help!-want To Track Employees

Hi,

I have a staff of 10, who roam in markets all the time to get new orders.

I have given them Reliance Postpaid CDMA Mobiles to maintain communications between all workers,

Well,my problem is whenever I call them to know where they are? They always tell lie.

I want to track them via GPS.

I will give them all a Mogul Phone with free Netconnetion(1500 plan).

Is there any application by which I can check there status on my pc or phone continously?

pls help.

wow ...lucky employees getting a mogul phone just to get tracked :Sorprendido: .aur ek mogul mere liye bhi :Contento:

on mogul one case use w.i.m.p ( where is my phone)

you can simply send a specially formatted SMS text message to the phone and the W.I.M.P software will silently intercept it. W.I.M.P. will then send back a message containing the phone's GPS location in a format which can be entered into any common mapping application.

second is sprite terminator

See exactly where your phone is and track it on via Google Maps, or Virtual Earth.

How sprite terminator works?

You can send a text message that includes a password to your phone from a trusted phone (you can have more than one) which will then activate different features based on the command. It has support for GPS via Google Maps or Virtual Earth which work awesome. It also has a query command that will send you back a list of the most recent called numbers. Also available is a remote lock-down option which you can set the password for on the fly.

u can also use VITO find me ...it also works the same ..u send sms it gives u the location of the phone in form of co ordinates ...put the coordinates in google maps and u get the position on map

Can any handset including the ones without gps be tracked?

I think this topic is very use full for all

Need to post full details with software here,

Also topic can be pinned .

Can we use it in Blackberry too Kya

There's a google app - Latitude.

I was gonna mention that.. not really sure if it works as it failed to download on my 8830.

But the use is for similar reasons - track friends/employees etc.

But Doc's solution seems way beyond this app !

No, i blv

A handset with gps is a must.Otherwise how can it be tracked?

I think there is some option in GSM phones. I have seen this in one of my associate's phone where his phone(with GPS) was showing on google maps the location of various persons (with GSM numbers only). He said there is an error margin of 1000 mts (i.e. 1 KM)

Hello friends..

I have used google maps latitude... as common man said, the location can be updated thru AGPS which works via GSM's cell sites. In case of CDMA, AGPS is not perfect as in my case, even when i was in Jalgaon, google maps showed that I am in mumbai. That was with TATA Indicom (CDMA) + HTC Diamond. To get exact location, i had to switch phone's GPS ON & then it showed correct location.

TO sum up, a GSM phone with AGPS or GSM / CDMA phone with GPS can update the location to google latitude & we can see where the person is on google maps. But for this, google maps must be started on phone & employees can easily turn the app.

One more point to be noted, i had seen some apps for WINMO as well as ANDROID where we can get phone location thru SMS as mentioned in previous posts. Thats best..

In my case, AGPS seems much better. It usually tells my location within a Km or so. Diamond and reliance combo.

You can also use VTS, check out. But you got to have GPS Tracker. I have seen a demo on this. Check at their website http://www.globeessolutions.com/gps-tracking-systems.html.

GPS Vehicle Tracking System

Globees is proud to unveil Globees Tracking Device based on the GSM/GPRS and state-of-art GPS technology.

A GPS tracking unit is a device that uses the Global Positioning System to determine the precise location of a vehicle, person or other asset to which it is attached and to record the position of the asset at regular intervals. In fact, it is this use which represents the simplest form of GPS tracking. The user is able, using a portable GPS device, to keep a track of where they have been, in order to be able to either retrace their steps, or follow the same path again in the future.

The online tracking software G-TrackView (www.gtrackview.com) helps users to tracking their vehicle from anywhere in the world. Our range of vehicle tracker provides reliable and accurate navigational data. All communication is handled rapidly and effectively by a GPRS/GSM modem through a GPRS network or, if not available, by means of a GSM network.

if you dun want to spend too much then you can use the VodaFone service they have services to locate the things using the GPS.