Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
savramesh

Rgsm - New Offer On Validity And Topup

RGSM is giving lifetime validity @ just 26 Rs..my gsm is now lifetime

Also after lifetime activation the topups will give you double talktime.. for eg: for 50 rs topup normal TT is 44.50, but now u get 89 rs.. You can topup for any amount and get this offer..

CEP sims are still available in my town..

Edited by savramesh

They some how want to get the numbers. I think when MNP comes we may still get better offers.

They some how want to get the numbers. I think when MNP comes we may still get better offers.

I am really dissapointed with Reliance. This proves that Reliance has no value for the existing CDMA subscribers . GSM is being given too much of priority, Lifetime @49, Double Talk Time etc.

Clearly this indicates the shift of Reliance towards the GSM technology at the expense of the CDMA subscribers...........

Edited by vvinayakpai

GSM is being given too much of priority, Lifetime @49, Double Talk Time etc.

here lifetime is much cheaper @ 26

I agree with you.. they are giving much importance to GSM. I had spoken to GSM CC - 4 times, they gave me excellent support. hope this continues atleast in gsm..

my friend who is having a reliance shop here said that majority of those who are taking new Rgsm are shifting from existing airtel..

I am really dissapointed with Reliance. This proves that Reliance has no value for the existing CDMA subscribers . GSM is being given too much of priority, Lifetime @49, Double Talk Time etc.

Clearly this indicates the shift of Reliance towards the GSM technology at the expense of the CDMA subscribers...........

CDMA is 6 years Old Grown Up Kid. and GSM is 20 Days Old Newly Born Baby,

For Newly Born Baby, More Care is required than Grown Up Child. :)

CDMA is only a grown up child, still not an ADULT or MAJOR. he needs to be well educated and properly directed in life :):):) otherwise he may become a terrorist and starts killing customers :(:(:(

if the kid will grow up to be a terrorist or scientist is the parents choice!!

RGSM is giving lifetime validity @ just 26 Rs..my gsm is now lifetime

Also after lifetime activation the topups will give you double talktime.. for eg: for 50 rs topup normal TT is 44.50, but now u get 89 rs.. You can topup for any amount and get this offer..

CEP sims are still available in my town..

Any changes in the existing CEP sim offers after migrating to lifetime?

No changes in CEP still getting Rs5 per day and night free calling. Only change after life is getting double talktime on every topup..

I reviewed the scheme of RGSM to offer double talk time and I have come to the conclusion that it is actually an eye washer.

Let me explain,

Cost of Recharge= Rs. 50

Talktime obtained= Rs. 44.5+Rs. 44.5 =Rs. 89

Tariff per minute = Rs. 1 for local call

Let us assume that the subscriber uses the entire balance for only making local calls. and for simplification let us assume that he calls only non-reliance phones, wherein interconnect charges will be applicable.

The actual cost per minute = Rs. 50/89= 56ps approx.

Reliance would have to pay interconnect for calls made to other networks, let us assume reliance pays 30ps/min, which is the maximum a network has to pay for interconnect,

Total Minutes= 89

Interconnect per minute= Rs. 0.30

total interconnect payable by reliance = Rs. 89*0.3= Rs. 26.7

The remaining ammount that is Rs. 44.5-Rs. 26.7 = Rs. 17.8 per 50 Rs. voucher is exclusively earned by reliance.

The above is an estimate and if the mobile is used to make on-net calls then the margins for reliance are going to improve further.

Not a great proposition because CDMA already has good schemes like all local calls at 49ps/min and also more than 100% talktime on certain recharge vouchers.

Assuming that for every Rs. 50 spent by the customer, Reliance is earning a minimum of Rs. 17.8, the operating margin works out to be around 35% which is a decent figure for reliance.

All the best Reliance!!!!

^^^

It maybe good if you analyse it this way: -

Cost of a local call Rs 1 per minute, which is double that of any other similar cellco. However, one saves on the STV cost and yet gets all local calls at 56 ps as already calculated by vinayak above. It seems to be good.

RCOM also earns some money and while the network connectivity is still an issue, they may also earn from repeat calling due to dropped calls etc.

As far as STD calls are concerned, the rate is almost the same across all GSM operators. But one gets Rs 89 worth STD calls if he uses RGSM whereas others give only 44.50 worth calls at the same rate. So RGSM is in fact cheaper here.

Correct me if I am wrong here.

RGSM will attract more subscribers when they introduce more STVs.

Let them introduce more STV to get more users

Dear,

It is becaz, All newly launched Operator gives more talktime and attractive scheme for initial periods to attract the customers. (I have noticed it in case of Aircel launched in Orissa, which was costing Rs.30 for a SIM card and was giving Approx. Rs.100 talktime) Else who will shift to a new Operator !!!! After 2-3 months the actual scheme will be come to notice. So, dont be impatient.

but no one has given such a kind of offer.. if u pay 76 u get

daily 5Rs for 3 months

night ril to ril free

life time validity

double talktime..

competition is tough , they will do everything to attract new customers remember DAPO plan when it was launched was very mind boggling when CDMA was introduced , now its no where , same thing will happen to RGSM in some time

Note:

the double talk time offer, the additional talktime can be used only for local calls and it is valid for one month

For Eg:

Yesterday i topupped for 50 Rs

the main balance i got 44.50

today ie after 24 hrs i got the additional talktime of 44.50 in a seperate account named DTT valid for one month from today and can be used only for local calls.

<snipped>

today ie after 24 hrs i got the additional talktime of 44.50 in a seperate account named DTT valid for one month from today and can be used only for local calls.

DTT = Double Talk Time

^^^

Trust RGSM to think of the ultra extra-ordinary. And I was thinking that they have offered DTT on all calls incl. STD.

double talk time offer is available only till 31 March 2009

DTT is applicable only for easy recharge and not for recharge done through paper coupons.

unsatisfied double talktime offer..

DTT cannot be used when you are in roaming. today i made few local calls at roaming and found the cost deducted from main balance and not from DTT local balance..

DTT is useful only for users who make more local calls from home circle..