Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ravi_patent

Who Could Be This Operator

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articl...2.cms?prtpage=1

GSM operators' body Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI) has written to the Telecom Ministry that one of the CDMA

operators may be in the process of launching EVDO

wireless data cards and has, therefore, sought its intervention in the matter.

Similar to 3G services, EVDO is a telecommunications standard for the wireless transmission of data through radio signals, typically for broadband Internet access.

In a letter to Telecom Minister A Raja and Secretary Siddhartha Behura, COAI Director General T V Ramachandran said, "If allowed (the EVDO services, which is a 3G service), would be a gross violation of all principles of level-playing field enshrined in, inter alia, NTP-99. It would also be violative of Articles 14, 19(1)(g) and 21 of the Constitution."

COAI has sought intervention of the ministry for ensuring that no private player is allowed to launch EVDO service without 3G being made available to all players.

According to the body, the launch of EVDO service would be unfair to the GSM operators as "CDMA operators have ample spectrum to offer both 2G as well as 3G services and this can result in unfair anti-competitive advantage to CDMA and tilt the playing field to the disadvantage of the private GSM operators".

Edited by ravi_patent

May be tata's HSIA service [With Tata Indicom's Photon service you now have access to Wireless at never before speeds, where ever you are.]

Yes its TATA.

They already launched its pilot test phase within employees.

Its based on EVDO but called HSIA to confuse them ;)

It was First Available only in Outer areas of chennai,Now They have Launched in J&K and other North Eastern states

So it might be TATA

Or

It Might Be Reliance

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?showtopic=17584

It is tata only, now opened for entire Chennai and North East

But how does it work if they don't have the spectrum for EVDO??

But how does it work if they don't have the spectrum for EVDO??

There are theoretically five 3G technologies in the world according to the ITU-T

1) WCDMA (UMTS or FOMA)

2) CDMA2000 1x (RTT or EV-DO or EV-DV)

3) TD-SCDMA & TD-CDMA

4) DECT

5) EDGE

Why are GSM operators allowed to offer 3G service EDGE ? Who gave them the spectrum for the same ?

EV-DO is just a data overlay on the existing CDMA2000 1x service and does not require additional spectrum just like EDGE on GSM.

The GSM operators are simply crying hoarse because they use a costlier technology EDGE which does not deliver true 3G speed of a minimum of 2.0 Mbps as defined by ITU-T

And for everybody's information a similar service has already been launched by BSNL(but on WLL mode) in some cities in 2008.

Good move Tata Indicom - way to go!!!

Enough spectrum already with CDMA reliance and tata. its just GSM lobby don't want them to launch this.

Remember Push-to-talk launched and later canceled by RCOM and TATA?? It was EVDO only.

These dogs don't want consumers to be benefited in any way, all they want is to be in business and eat revenues. and as all of us knows Law and government is in their pockets.

Please dont compare them with dogs.. DOGS are far better than humans... i am a dog lover and i dont like insulting dogs...

sorry if i hurt anyone..

Edited by savramesh

:previous:

:Sorprendido::Contento::rofl_200:

Edited by commonman

:mellow: Our gov are *** hole , if it declare 3G policy in 04 than at the time , it is mature , hope new GOV speedy up the process , well i am Bsnl EVDO user , And it's 3G. the only difference is it is working on old cdma 2000 1X spectrum

Yes its TATA.

They already launched its pilot test phase within employees.

Its based on EVDO but called HSIA to confuse them ;)

can u tell me source?

is it in mumbai/maharashtra

which device they are testing?

tariff?

can u tell me source?

is it in mumbai/maharashtra

which device they are testing?

tariff?

Check Tata site -> URL

no where it is written that

Pilot project is running?

also nowhere it is writenn about mumbai or maharashtra

photon is a big hit in J&K , during my visit to Srinagar last month , I saw hording of TATA high speed broadband Photon. tata and Reliance is the only provider of Internet in remote area of j&K

Remember Push-to-talk launched and later canceled by RCOM and TATA?? It was EVDO only.

Sadikk, What is Push to Talk?

When It came in Reliance and when cancelled?

yes i too wanted to know, what is Push to Talk ?

Edited by savramesh