Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
sanjay0501

Bb8830 Official 4.5 Os By Bell Mobility

Hey guys,

Good news. It seems Bell Mobility has released official 4.5 device software for out beloved 8830. Copy paste the link below for download thru RIM site.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/contac...E31C51BD8D7E546

Have fun.

Sanjay

theres also a massive update for sprint blackberry pearl

• Like 1

I am unlocked Verizon with Reliance. but anyway which is better the new official Bell 4.5 or the Sprint update on the 4.2 OS?

Can you direct me to the site or forum discussing the SPrint update??

Thanks

Edited by sanjay0501

4.5 is any day better than 4.2 updates.

i am doing it on my Sprint phone and throw some quick feedback here.

Hang on.

Hey Sadikbhai,

Got you. :P Told you one day will find something before you.

On a more serious note. Thanks a ton for guiding me to get RUIM working on my phone.

Have been running 4.5.0.127 for a day now. Signal reception is better, lower dropped calls. Free memory is lower than 101, but full screen video works although partially. Seems to be snappier,but cant say for sure.

Sanjay

I used 4.5 beta/unofficial month back, trying this official release now :P

Hey Sadikbhai,

Got you. :P Told you one day will find something before you.

On a more serious note. Thanks a ton for guiding me to get RUIM working on my phone.

Have been running 4.5.0.127 for a day now. Signal reception is better, lower dropped calls. Free memory is lower than 101, but full screen video works although partially. Seems to be snappier,but cant say for sure.

Sanjay

got to know about it the day it was released :winko: ....just that dont have a bb8830 to put the firmware onto .. :(

well if there are any SPRINT blackberry pearl/curve users even they can get version 4.5

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry....EBB765225CE8C0E

Well, I need a BB for testing..... Sadikk are u listening... he he...

whats so great in BB?

Only for testing, didnt say it was great....

the built quality is great of a blackberry and it is definately an attention seeker

second thing if u have balckberry services then no doubt it is a great device ( provided someone pays for your monthly bills :winko: )

its brand name, Build quality and its Trackball :D

I love its trackball a lot.

fully agree with sadik bhai. gr8 phone even if u dont use bis. trackball is highly addictive, use at ur own risk :Contento: . Sadik Bhai, hope this can be used on my bb. D/L started already

got to know about it the day it was released :winko: ....just that dont have a bb8830 to put the firmware onto .. :(

well if there are any SPRINT blackberry pearl/curve users even they can get version 4.5

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry....EBB765225CE8C0E

:( Anyway mera din bhi kabhi toh aayega.. Will keep on trying.

Also Kalpak ji, BB is one of those device which carry ur SMS in backup and restore it to new device.

Hi all,

Is it possible to activate airtel blackberry services on 8830 world addition (if purchased from sadik bhai) as it is not possible for reliance. Does 8830 supports the latest blackberry internet services 2.0.

Regards

Tarun

Hi all,

Is it possible to activate airtel blackberry services on 8830 world addition (if purchased from sadik bhai) as it is not possible for reliance. Does 8830 supports the latest blackberry internet services 2.0.

Regards

Tarun

yes u can activate bb services for gsm ( airtel vodafone) .

i think so after upgrade to version 4.5 it will support lateset blackberry internet services ...but still confirm it

Hi all,

Regards

Tarun

yes u can activate bb services for gsm ( airtel vodafone) .

i think so after upgrade to version 4.5 it will support lateset blackberry internet services ...but still confirm it

I think, no one better than sadik bhai can confirm it.

well i just bought a bb8830 from sadikk ( not for me but to gift it to my gf :winko: ) ..

though my encounter with the phone was only till the time i unlocked it ..but i wasnt much impressed with the phone .

the built quality was nice as compared to most other phones ( better than mogul )...but still i found it to be too plasticky...

in my opinion treo755 is well built over bb8830 :) . the quality of qwerty keys in treo is better than in 8830

other aspects of the phone were good like good speaker quality , loud ringer and good tactile feedback of its qwerty keys . nice crispy display .and overall a crowd puller .

the gprs works fine if u use gsm connection by manually setting apn .

u can atleast browse thru opera mini .

and about the trackball ..its definately one of its kind ..makes navigation easier , but i still prefer dpad over it .

anyways thanks saidkk for arranging it in such a short notice ...really appreciate that :signthankspin:

Edited by mufaddal_km

well i just bought a bb8830 from sadikk ( not for me but to gift it to my gf :winko: ) ..

:

Dear Mufaddal, Loud ringer on a BB 8830. I'm dying to know how you got that?? cos everyone I know and everywhere I read people are pissed off cos of the low ringer volume.

i havent done anything ....

i found the ringer to be satisfactory as compared to other phones ...

make sure u put a loud ringtone on the device rather than selecting the defualt ones :)

also one problem with blackberry is that when u recieve calls the device first vibrates and then it plays the ringtones ..this often leads to missed calls

but there is a fix to this by using s/w vibandring it makes ur device vibrate and ring at same time .

though my encounter with the phone was only till the time i unlocked it ..but i wasnt much impressed with the phone .

the built quality was nice as compared to most other phones ( better than mogul )...but still i found it to be too plasticky...

in my opinion treo755 is well built over bb8830 :) . the quality of qwerty keys in treo is better than in 8830

other aspects of the phone were good like good speaker quality , loud ringer and good tactile feedback of its qwerty keys . nice crispy display .and overall a crowd puller .

the gprs works fine if u use gsm connection by manually setting apn .

u can atleast browse thru opera mini .

and about the trackball ..its definately one of its kind ..makes navigation easier , but i still prefer dpad over it .

anyways thanks saidkk for arranging it in such a short notice ...really appreciate that :signthankspin:

Can u tell the setting for GPRS & which operator's sim u used? as i am out of luck for at least idea & rgsm gprs settings. can't activate. RGSM.Tried rcomwap & rcomgprs in APN. reply to SMS "ALL" to 55100 says" your handset does not support these settings. Contact Customer care." & as usual, CC people are worthless idiots. Thanks in adv. :signthankspin:

My experience with 4.5 is mixed. one major problem i faced is that battery drains very quickly. unable to figure out why. Though docs to go is nice feature & also, supprts 8 gb card, which is max 4 gb in ver 4.2. but have gone back to 4.2 due to battery problem. Any suggestions for batt life?

Can anyone share GPRS settings for Vodafone with detail instructions on activating it on BB8830. Has anyone activated the GPS if so can u share the maps and instructions to install the same.

Edited by raju_a

Will version 4.5 work on BB 8830 with Reliance connection.. as i read somewhere that Reliance does not support version 4.5... please confirm

Thanks

Sach@RIM