Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
HetalDP

Google Sync For Major Devices

First Impression of Google Sync is very Lenghy but its worth it you will have Hasslefree Sync after first Jerk.

Google Sync: Overview of Sync Availability (ALSO Sync Photo / Clips of Contacts to Google and Vice Versa)

Google Sync for Mobile is available for most mobile phones. On iPhone, Blackberry and Windows Mobile devices Google Sync enables over-the-air synchronization of Google Calendar and Google Contacts to the built-in Calendar and Address Book applications on your phone. On most other mobile phones, Google Sync enables wireless synchronization of Google Contacts to the built-in Address Book application.

Note: Google Sync is Beta software. Keep this in mind when setting up and using Google Sync. Make sure to read about the known limitations of Google Sync on your device.

For more information on specific devices, please visit the topics below:

- Google Sync for BlackBerry

- Google Sync for iPhone

- Google Sync for Windows Mobile

- Google Sync for Nokia/Symbian

- Google Sync for Motorola

- Google Sync for Sony Ericsson

http://www.google.com/support/mobile/bin/a...y?answer=139195

Common Task ( Clean up your Google Before you Start Sync)

1. Login to Gmail A/c and Go to Contact if your Want your Phone to Supercede Google Contacts Just Export All Google Contact to CSV file and make it Backup

2. then Delete all Gmail Contact (You may Again Create Google Talk Partnership or you may Loose Google Talk Friends and have to reinvite them for Chatting)

OR ELSE

1. Select All you Contact and then Click to Group and Then Click to Create New Group Named GMAIL and then move them into That

2. Again Select All Contact and Remove them from My Contacts Group

SAFETY NOTES

1. BACK UP Phone Contacts using Appropriate Way.

For WIndows Phone use PIMBackup

For iPhone using Sync to Google A/c using iTunes and give Appropritae Details of Google A/c.

For Nokia and SonyEricson Sue Appropriate PC Suite.

2. Export Google Contact to CSV and keep it SAFE

• Like 1

Just checked syncing Google Calendar with my Mogul, works great!!

Sync: Set Up Your Windows Mobile PhonePrint

To set up Google Sync on your Windows Mobile device, please follow the steps below.

Important Note: Make sure that you have backed up any Contacts and Calendars from your phone to your computer before proceeding.

Getting Started

1. Open the Active Sync application on your device's home screen.

2. Click the link Set up your device to sync with it.

3. Enter m.google.com as the server address.

4. Ensure that the SSL option is checked.

mobile_138636a_en.gifmobile_138636b_en.gif

Sign In to Google Account

5. Click Next.

6. Enter your full Google Account email address as the User name.

7. Enter your Google Account password as the Password.

8. Leave the Domain field empty. If your device requires you to enter a domain name, enter google.

9. Click Next.

10. Check only Contacts and Calendar.

11. Click Finish.

mobile_138636c_en.gifmobile_138636c_en.gif

12. Press the Sync softkey on the left to synchronize.

mobile_138636e_en.gif

You've now set up Google Sync for your Windows Mobile device.

Tip: If your business, school, or organization uses Google Apps, your administrator will first need to enable ActiveSync before you can take advantage of this feature.

http://www.google.com/mobile/default/sync.html

With Inputs from my dear friend Hetal, who has guided me, I started using Google Sync to synchronise my Mogul's contacts and calendar to Gmail Contacts and Calendar and surprisingly found it to be quite simple, superfast and now it seems I will be tension free in the future. This guide can be used with all Windows Mobile 6.1 devices.

So I would like to share with you its detailed procedure-

A) First of all backup all your data by PIM Backup to your memory card (method and program download already detailed in my Sprint original rom post; click link in my signature) including all your contacts, tasks, messages, emails, custom files, call records etc. as they might get deleted when you delete your existing activesync partnerships.

B ) Next, open activesync from Start-Programs, in your phone, and check whether you have any existing partnerships with any PC's; Click Menu-Options- and Delete any existing settings on your PC/PC's; NOTE- at this stage your contacts, calendar enteries and tasks may get deleted hence DONT PANIC as you have already taken their backup through PIMBackup; if you have never used activesync, go straight to point D)

C) Next, check whether your contacts/calendar/tasks are intact or deleted; if deleted, RESTORE them by running PIMBackup; After restore RECHECK all your contacts and calendar etc. to ensure that they have been restored back successfully; now wait for 5 minutes to let any running processes complete and then reset your phone; On successful reboot, recheck whether your contacts etc, are all OK;

D) Now open your Gmail a/c on PC, Click on Contacts; click select all; and then Click on Group; Click on New Group; Type Gmail (or any other name) in that; Again Select All and Remove those from My Contact Group, so they should be only in Gmail Group; Now if you Click My Contacts nothing should be shown but if u click Gmail every thing old should be shown; YOU CAN SKIP THIS STEP if you wish as you may have to recreate Gtalk relationships, if you remove them from; however it worked for me;

E) Next, run activesync from phone once again; Now you will see a different login page and you will see an option with a link saying - Set up your device to sync with it. Click it; Next it will ask for your email address - enter your gmail address; Uncheck - Attempt to detect exchange server settings automatically;

F) Next it will ask server address; enter - m.google.com and SSL should be ticked; Next it will ask username, password, domain; youremailaddress@gmail.com, Password = password, Domain = BLANK nothing, Save Password = Ticked, Edit Server Setting = Only Contacts and Calendar; On advanced, there are some options like replace item on device etc.; dont change it and keep it on that; Next Click-Finish (Remember - Replace ITEM On Device should be Selected; Gmail should be kept prime)

G) Next It will be trying to connect by netconnect, let it connect; It will say, synchronising... let it synchronise fully; In the end you may get error that sync failed, DONT PANIC; close active sync fully and reset your phone and after reboot sync again; it will be successful next time, surely...

H) After successful sync; change settings to manual by opening activesync in phone, click Menu-Schedule- and change Sync During to Manually in both Peak times and Off-peak times; Now you will manually be able to control when you want to sync;

and VOILA like magic all your contacts and calendar will be on the net for free and that too in your Gmail Account for ever without fearing of any crashes on your PC; also always take PIMBackup for extra security; Now forth there is no need to backup anymore to your PC through Activesync and Outlook and through any cables as it can be done anytime, anywhere, over the air, without the need of any PC...

Enjoy....

Edited by dkaile
  • Like 1

hmm

shall try it on a free day.

Backing up All iPhone Contacts to Google

1. Connect your iPhone or iPod Touch to your computer using the USB cable.

2. Open the iTunes application.

3. Select your iPhone and click the Info tab.

4. Check the Sync Contacts with option and select Google Contacts from the drop-down menu.

mobile_138744_en.gif

5. Click Configure and enter your Google username and password.

6. Press Apply to sync your device with iTunes.

(Note: After you have completed this step, your iPhone may contain unwanted Contacts from your Google account. Most of these will be removed when you complete Step 7 and sync your iPhone directly with Google.)

7. Follow our instructions to set up Google Sync.

Sync: Set Up Your iPhone or iPod Touch

To set up Google Sync on your iPhone or iPod Touch device, please follow the steps below.

Requirements and Upload

1. Make sure your device has version 2.2 firmware or above. You can check your current version by going to Settings > About > Version.

To upgrade, follow the instructions at http://www.apple.com/iphone/softwareupdate/.

2. Upload any Contacts and Calendars from your phone to your computer before proceeding. The iPhone will delete Contacts and Calendars during setup.

Learn how to upload your Contacts with iTunes: PC Users - Mac Users.

3. The contacts that are replaced on your device will be the contents of your My Contacts group. This is the only group supported at this time, so make sure to clean up your My Contacts before syncing.

Tip: Make sure that Synchronize with Google in the Address Book app is OFF. Otherwise all of your contacts will sync to Address Book.

4. Mail sync is not yet supported. You may receive error messages if you attempt to turn on Sync for Mail.

Getting Started

1. Open the Settings application on your device's home screen.

2. Open Mail, Contacts, Calendars.

3. Tap Add Account....

4. Select Microsoft Exchange.

mobile_138740a_en.gifmobile_138740b_en.gifmobile_138740c_en.gif

Enter Account Info

5. In the Email field, enter the name of the account (anything you'd like).

6. Leave the Domain field blank.

7. Enter your full Google Account email address as the Username.

8. Enter your Google Account password as the Password.

9. Tap Next at the top of your screen.

10. A new Server field will appear. Enter m.google.com.

11. Press Next at the top of your screen again.

mobile_138740h_en.gifmobile_138740d_en.gif

12. Select the Google services you want to sync. Currently only Contacts and Calendar are supported.

Make sure that you have uploaded your data before proceeding.

13. Press Sync twice when warned about data loss.

mobile_138740e_en.gifmobile_138740f_en.gifmobile_138740g_en.gif

You've set up Google Sync for your iPhone. Synchronization will begin automatically if you have Push enabled on your phone. You can also open the Calendar or Contacts app and wait a few seconds to start a sync.

Tip: If your business, school, or organization uses Google Apps, your administrator will first need to enable ActiveSync before you can take advantage of this feature.

i deleted all my google contacts and now my data is safe with no one.

my mobile shows it sync with google but i cannot see my contacts on google.

looks i am screwed big time

Edited by keanu_reeves

^^^^

have to tried re-logging into gmail; they may visible then; and why did you not take PIMBackup first?

i deleted all my google contacts and now my data is safe with no one.

my mobile shows it sync with google but i cannot see my contacts on google.

looks i am screwed big time

On Every POST i told you to Backup

I told to Backup in Phone as well as in Google Also.

may be put in bold in your post to take backup

just try using active sync and sync ur phone with desktop ..may be that can help you

Edited by mufaddal_km
  • Like 1

Its unbelievable that syncing can be so easy and simple. On my nokia though google supports only contacts at this moment, it tooks less than 20 seconds on wifi to sync all contacts (About 600 with multiple details) and all contacts on my phone are SAFE TOO.

Why it would get deleted in WM handsets? There must be some settings to prevent deletion???

^^^^

Well, the thing is that when the device has already been synced by the PC then on deleting an existing partnership, this problem arises, not otherwise; even after changing settings to keep data on phone in the event of a conflict, it happens; thats why its safer to use pimbackup to keep a copy of your data on your memory card and keep backing it henceforth to google sync....

Edited by dkaile

i tried it last week on my iphone and on my n95

on n95 my sync had failed twice since then ...

now i m using vufone on n95

Symbian can sync with multiple profiles. I dont recollect if itwas therein WM.

yes symbian can sync ...google sync is working on symbian as well ...its just that on two ocassion my sync had failed other wise it was working fine rest of the times

it does work on my n95 ...its just that i wanted a bit more than just contacts /pim syncing

And it working through WiFi also on my Mogul; No need to use Rconnect also...

Does this work with Treo?

No, because it requires Microsoft Exchange.....

:(

So mainly windows based..

yup, till now; maybe after palm pre, it may be compatible; the code of palm os is very old; though u may use snapper mail with imap to download mail on the palm device but I dont hink contact sync is possible till now; though I have heard of a paid program named goosync which only syncs calendar with palm devices...

i could only get half my contacts to show up on both gmail nd iphone... so happily back to syncing it with outlook

surprising; with mogul it synced perfectly... only thing is the category that u have created in outlook does not show in gmail; it has something different of its own;

I downloaded Google Sync app on my BB CURVE and it synced easily.

no problem what so ever.

Sadikk :NOTriste::bash::boxing::catfight: u know why...

afterwards.... :cheers: