Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
HetalDP

Google Sync For Major Devices

Sadikk :NOTriste::bash::boxing::catfight: u know why...

afterwards.... :cheers:

Dhiraj R u watching Star Wars too much?

Now tell me which is this Language, from which culture of which Planet ??????????? JAVA ????

Category not the issue... Carefully read the instructions and moved all contacts out of mai folder on gmail and copied all contacts to the main user group in outlook... No luck

@hetal

LOL Buddy, me and sadikk are in the middle of a Inter Galactic Jedi Style Swordfight on some issue, thats all.... afterwards we shall have a drink each and say CHEERS......

Edited by dkaile

Well Google Sync works like Charm.....

Got scared when all my GOOGLE and Phone contacts were gone. Restored My phone from PIM Restore... Now i miss only my Chat Contacts rest i restored from my outlook.... uploaded my contacts from my 6800... Formated & Sold my 6800 .... bought a HTC Touch PRO and restored all my contacts on my PRO without a glitch.

The best Part is I used WIFI to synchronize both the times. (Backup and Restore) on my 6800 & PRO No problems whatsoever.... although it was very slow on it's native dial up internet. hope u do like it is told to the T not more no less and u will be happy....

I AM HAPPY NOW

Edited by keanu_reeves

@dkaile

Can i sync my two wm devices with the same gmail account? Has anybody tried it? I have already sycned my Mogul & want to sync my HTC S620.

@dkaile

Can i sync my two wm devices with the same gmail account? Has anybody tried it? I have already sycned my Mogul & want to sync my HTC S620.

i think u can sync multiple devics with same a/c ....there shudnt be an issue ..

why dont you try it out yourself and let us know

@dkaile

i think u can sync multiple devics with same a/c ....there shudnt be an issue ..

why dont you try it out yourself and let us know

Ok so i tried sycing two handsets to the same gmail account. First I synced my mogul and uploaded all my contacts & then i downloaded all of them on my S620 & it worked beautifully.I also tried editing the contacts on one handset & then re-syncing & it worked perfectly. I am so happy. :lol:

Edited by mufi2001

Off Topic:

Any idea how to Sync Outlook Express with GMail ?

Comp got infected recently & the entire bunch of 4500 mails had to be downloaded from the server & sorted out instead of the filtered/replied/forwarded 1000 mails that were there in Outlook Express.

The above procedure is good. I faced a problem that all contacts did not get synced to google. I have 3500 contacts in my address book, but only 2980 approx got synced. I'm using mac. The contacts are in address book(contact manager for mac). It would be nice to have feedback on this.

Backing up All iPhone Contacts to Google

1. Connect your iPhone or iPod Touch to your computer using the USB cable.

2. Open the iTunes application.

3. Select your iPhone and click the Info tab.

4. Check the Sync Contacts with option and select Google Contacts from the drop-down menu.

mobile_138744_en.gif

5. Click Configure and enter your Google username and password.

6. Press Apply to sync your device with iTunes.

(Note: After you have completed this step, your iPhone may contain unwanted Contacts from your Google account. Most of these will be removed when you complete Step 7 and sync your iPhone directly with Google.)

7. Follow our instructions to set up Google Sync.

Sync: Set Up Your iPhone or iPod Touch

To set up Google Sync on your iPhone or iPod Touch device, please follow the steps below.

Requirements and Upload

1. Make sure your device has version 2.2 firmware or above. You can check your current version by going to Settings > About > Version.

To upgrade, follow the instructions at http://www.apple.com/iphone/softwareupdate/.

2. Upload any Contacts and Calendars from your phone to your computer before proceeding. The iPhone will delete Contacts and Calendars during setup.

Learn how to upload your Contacts with iTunes: PC Users - Mac Users.

3. The contacts that are replaced on your device will be the contents of your My Contacts group. This is the only group supported at this time, so make sure to clean up your My Contacts before syncing.

Tip: Make sure that Synchronize with Google in the Address Book app is OFF. Otherwise all of your contacts will sync to Address Book.

4. Mail sync is not yet supported. You may receive error messages if you attempt to turn on Sync for Mail.

Getting Started

1. Open the Settings application on your device's home screen.

2. Open Mail, Contacts, Calendars.

3. Tap Add Account....

4. Select Microsoft Exchange.

mobile_138740a_en.gifmobile_138740b_en.gifmobile_138740c_en.gif

Enter Account Info

5. In the Email field, enter the name of the account (anything you'd like).

6. Leave the Domain field blank.

7. Enter your full Google Account email address as the Username.

8. Enter your Google Account password as the Password.

9. Tap Next at the top of your screen.

10. A new Server field will appear. Enter m.google.com.

11. Press Next at the top of your screen again.

mobile_138740h_en.gifmobile_138740d_en.gif

12. Select the Google services you want to sync. Currently only Contacts and Calendar are supported.

Make sure that you have uploaded your data before proceeding.

13. Press Sync twice when warned about data loss.

mobile_138740e_en.gifmobile_138740f_en.gifmobile_138740g_en.gif

You've set up Google Sync for your iPhone. Synchronization will begin automatically if you have Push enabled on your phone. You can also open the Calendar or Contacts app and wait a few seconds to start a sync.

Tip: If your business, school, or organization uses Google Apps, your administrator will first need to enable ActiveSync before you can take advantage of this feature.

Does this work with Treo?

Yes you can do it treo through companion link. I'm not doing it. You can google to get those details on how to do it.

@dkaile

Sync with as many devices you want. No problem. I'm syncing with iphone, 6800, 6700.

Absolutely no doubt that Google Sync is quite cool, but what about SMS's? Is there any way that Google does that? Microsoft MyPhone does it which is why I am asking...

Old topic. But has anyone used Sense and google sync? I mean does it store the facebook pic and other info on google server?

^

Nope, I tried...