Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
vijaybavishi

Data cable and software

BTW Danny, there is no point in giving your number without the STD code :o

soon tht too would be taken care of...

Well anyways, someone earlier pointed out tht u dont even need that software. u can configure the dial up settings to set ur R-connect...

777[/snapback]

You may create the connection without the CD. Here is how...

You need to have your Dial-up Networking enabled. You need to install a new modem at your COM port. You should install a Standard 28,800bps modem to the PORT and then, you need to create a new connection with your phone number preceeded by STD code (without leading zero) as your login as well as password. You need to enter #777 as the number to dial. Name the connection you have created in Dial-up Networking as R Connect. Connect the cable and go...

hi Azhaga,

I am interested in nokia cable, DKU5 for CDMA if it works on original DKU5 driver. ORIGINAL only.

Hi

Do not use R- connct

It is slow

More problem is bill ( > 8k rs)which u will get after useing it :)

U will get f***ed and reliance will disconnect ur service w/o providing reason or bill details

Take a lesson from my case

I have shifted to other isp

So my advice is say no to r connect

People Please remember... R-Connect is not CHEAP. Re.1 a min is expensive for the speeds thay are giving.

You get a 256kbps dedicated cable line for your home/office for abouyt Rs.500-750 a month with a download limit per month.

i only use R-Connect when i'm either in my car or in really important cases, when i cant wait to get to my computer or while travelling.

Its an absolute boon while travelling within india....

Roaming is one great thing in reliance..seamless roaming..cheap roaming..net access whereever u are... r-world...same price for sms.

hi Azhaga,

I am interested in nokia cable, DKU5 for CDMA if it works on original DKU5 driver. ORIGINAL only.

15439[/snapback]

hi

i have DKU5 for cdma with ORGINAL DKU5 Driver cd and manual too if intersted conetc me at praveenreddy80 in yahoo

-prawin

Is data cable for LG 7230 & LG 2030 same. i hv serial LG 2030 data cable can i use it with 7230

I think data cable of 7130/7230/5130 are interchangeable. 2030 cable is different.

pravin, whats the cost of DKU 5 cable? I want cable which works with original drivers only.

pravin, whats the cost of DKU 5 cable? I want cable which works with original drivers only.

16270[/snapback]

hi

kshah

i have the orginal on with orginal drivers cd with box and manual too.

im selling it cost u 450 including courier charges.

-prawin

Hello People :)

I wand a data cable for Rel FWP. I was searching Bazee. My problem is I found a lot of variety. One is a serial one, the other a USB. I don't know what the difference is. And i would also like to know if there is any speed difference between them.

There is also something called Molded and Non-molded. Cud someone help me on this too.

Thank You

--------------

Karthik

Serial and USB don't have any significant difference as far as Data transfer Speed is concerned. Although USB is considered to be a latest among communication technologies it is not always foolproof in case of HW detection.

Moulded and non-moulded stands for the way Plugs and Sockets are attached to the Cable. Probably, non-moulded ones can be opened up while moulded ones can't be screwed! Do write to the seller @ Bazee for clarification.

Hello People :)

I wand a data cable for Rel FWP. I was searching Bazee. My problem is I found a lot of variety. One is a serial one, the other a USB. I don't know what the difference is. And i would also like to know if there is any speed difference between them.

There is also something called Molded and Non-molded. Cud someone help me on this too.

Thank You

--------------

Karthik

18071[/snapback]

hi karthik

there's no difference between data cables for fwp , serial cables and usb in terms of speed,usb cables are used for laptops where there r no serial ports for laptops, all serilal cables are same be it moulded or not.

i have serial cables for fwp which i sell them for 300 including courirer charges any where in india ..

-prawin

Go for serial because there a no drivers for usb if u want r-connect(for 2130).

hi

i think there is a software which makes ur usb port act as serial. i dont remember the name, but it is a number. i had it with a samsung c100, but i dont have it now, coz i returned the cd along with the cable.

but i am sure you will be able to find it if u search on google.

someone who have usb please try it and put the result here so that those who have usb can benifit.

i think this is the software name "wd_pl-2303.zip"

this a link i am not sure if it is the same software, but it seems to work for c100

try it and tell me if it workedhttp://www.mobiles.unipro.ru/files/USB-Device-Driver.zip

7315[/snapback]

Dear Sunil,

There is no software which can make a usb port serial. However you have a usb to serial connector cable for which you need the Pl2303 driver. The driver can be obtained from www.prolific.com.tw

However to make this software work you must have a cable which converts the usb port to serial and at the other end a connector for your phone.

2130 uses the same driver for phone as the 2030. Need not worry.

Is good to use datacable for LG RD 5130 rated bellow Rs.500 on bazee.com, Please give me details for buying good datacables with low cost.

The cable that we have in stock doesn't support charging via USB. Most low cost cables don't have the feature.

I am having a datacable LG USB 4000 and am using lg 2130(moonlight) handset.

But I don't have the software to install the modem(lg 2130).

Can anyone suggest from where i can get the software.

This would be of great help to me.

Thanks in advance.

I think data cable of 7130/7230/5130 are interchangeable. 2030 cable is different.

16236[/snapback]

Are they same or diffterent can i use data cable of 7230 on 7130 ?