Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
mihirf2003

TealOS - Palm Pre Lookalike

Loved the Palm PRe and its features.....

Now get a before hand experience of the features on your existing Palm OS...

TealPhone has come up with an application which converts your Palm's home screen to the new WEBOS home screen...

tealos.giftealos2.gif

tealos3.giftealos4.gif

Here is the download link....Enjoy

tealos.v1.03.patched.zip

Register it with any code of your choice...

Looks really interesting. Am trying it out now....

Looks Awesome. Thanks a ton. All Palm users go for it.

Hey Mihir, there is already a version 1.05 out on the very same day, looks like. Some bug fixes in it. Any chance you ve got the solved version of that.

Hey Mihir & Harshal.. thanks for sharing the apps .... i ll try 2day only .............

OK Have used it for past day or so and it seems quite good. Otherwise I don't use any other skin etc though i've tried all the ones posted in this forum.

Advantage with this app is that my normal screen & wallpaper (which is displayed on pressing the hard button with phone icon) remains as it is and this replaces the Apps screen (hard button with home icon).

Although the wave launcher took some time to master it is quite amazing once your thumb gets the hang of it. Also the recently used apps shown as cards thing is quite good with capability to 'throw out' any icon you don't want by swiping them upwards. you can bring it up in any app & it looks quite magical.

The speed of moving cards left right etc. and also moving the app categories up/down/left/right is quite good.

It doesn't take fonts from font smoother for some reason. But since the only text it displays is its menu (rest are all images) thats not too much of a problem.

Thanks for a great app. This is the first skin i am keeping installed.

Till Sadik gets us the REAL PALM PRE, that is !

Guys, let me know if this is working flawlessly and is it worth installing, as I am a little tight on time for hit and trial right now; is it easy to uninstall without screwing anything in palm registry... thanks...

Edited by dkaile

Guys, let me know if this is working flawlessly and is it worth installing, as I am a little tight on time for hit and trial right now; is it easy to uninstall without screwing anything in palm registry... thanks...

Works Flawlessly. No issues to uninstall or just disable whenever you want. I never liked any skin etc. till now but this is the first one I am using. Will take you a few days to get used to the swipe/wave etc. and also it'll be good if you disable cards for very frequently used apps which already have a hard button (like Phone/SMS/Contacts etc.) otherwise these apps keep adding cards.

Best part is that the phone screen remains as it is while the apps screen is replaced by this thing. Compared to the normal apps screen this will be a little slow as you can't type the first letter of the app to go to that app but have to swipe up/down. But overall the only skin i have kept installed.

Offcourse, there's no added/better functionality - only a much impressive look of swiping cards around and getting the wave launcher etc. So if you are very utilitarian then it may not be for you. I like it though and so does almost everyone who gets to see it.

Here are some screenshots:

post-3171-1237177654_thumb.jpg post-3171-1237177687_thumb.jpg post-3171-1237177698_thumb.jpg

TealOS v1.35 is out. Get it from here.

Use this solution to generate key and register. TealOS_Solution.zip.

Way to use solution: In DOS prompt where the file is located, type tealos hotsyncid.

• Like 1

Palm gets TealOS discontinued

As per the tealpoint website, Palm asked them to stop selling TealOS as it resembled the webos on their upcoming PALM Pre too much ! http://tealpoint.com/softos.htm

Their last version was 1.54 & sales were stopped on 30th March.

Patched & Unpatched files for Version 1.54 are attached below in case someone needs it later.

tealos.1.54.patched.zip

tealos.1.54.zip

Way to use solution: In DOS prompt where the file is located, type tealos hotsyncid.

Can you explains what this does? I did what you said and this is what i get at the DOS prompt in that exact directory: teal os (aaat aadx)

Was I supposed to type exactly "tealos hotsyncid" or replace the "hotsyncid" with my actual device ID?

• Like 1

Can you explains what this does? I did what you said and this is what i get at the DOS prompt in that exact directory: teal os (aaat aadx)

Was I supposed to type exactly "tealos hotsyncid" or replace the "hotsyncid" with my actual device ID?

Yes you have to replace hotsyncid with your actual device ID. aaat aadx is your registration key for your device ID. Once you are running TealOS on your palm you have to press the menu button (right side of the 'Alt' button) and then select 'register' and enter this string.

Use the latest version of Teal OS 1.54 attached a few posts above and register with this serial.

Yes you have to replace hotsyncid with your actual device ID. aaat aadx is your registration key for your device ID. Once you are running TealOS on your palm you have to press the menu button (right side of the 'Alt' button) and then select 'register' and enter this string.

Use the latest version of Teal OS 1.54 attached a few posts above and register with this serial.

What is the difference between the patched and unpatched versions? Thanks for the links.

For patched versions you just install and it should work. Usually registration is not required or any registration code works.

For patched versions you just install and it should work. Usually registration is not required or any registration code works.

Help please:

I installed the 1.54 version unpatched, how can I uninstall the unpatched version, to install the patched version?

Help please:

I installed the 1.54 version unpatched, how can I uninstall the unpatched version, to install the patched version?

Just press the 'home' button to go to your applications screen. Now press the menu button (bottom right, besides the 'Alt' button) then select 'delete' and browse/scroll down to TealOS and then press/tap the Delete button on the screen.

But rather than deleting the unpatched version you can just run the key generator in a windows pc and enter your hotsync id and then enter the registration code that it gives in your palm after selecting 'register' option in the unpatched TealOS. (you can get the register option by pressing menu button on the TealOS home screen and going to options)

Hope that helps..

Help please:

Just press the 'home' button to go to your applications screen. Now press the menu button (bottom right, besides the 'Alt' button) then select 'delete' and browse/scroll down to TealOS and then press/tap the Delete button on the screen.

But rather than deleting the unpatched version you can just run the key generator in a windows pc and enter your hotsync id and then enter the registration code that it gives in your palm after selecting 'register' option in the unpatched TealOS. (you can get the register option by pressing menu button on the TealOS home screen and going to options)

Hope that helps..

Thanks.

I've got mac so I can't use the key generator unless someone does it for me, otherwise, I would need to go to my dead-slow VAIO pc.

User: PalmUser89

I haven't HoySync'd in ages, so I haven't changed the user xD

Thanks.

Thank you it really works