Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

Bsnl Comes Up With Lower Mobile Tariffs Of 50 Paise For Local, Std, Sms

Press Trust of India

22 Feb 2009, 1820 hrs IST

Initiating another round of tariff war, state-run BSNL on Sunday announced a new plan offering local and STD call at just 50 paise a minute across all the network, while the charges would be 20 and 30 paise for BSNL to BSNL.

BSNL's new tariff plan "India Golden Fifty", offering local and STD call at just 50 paise would be available from March 1. and the scheme, along with BSNL's 3G mobile services in the state, was launched by Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M Karunanidhi.

BSNL Chairman Kuldeep Goyal told reporters that the Golden Fifty plan would be available to consumers for a monthly rent of Rs 375 inclusive of taxes.

during the launch of 3G services in chennai, CM of tamilnadu Karunanidhi made the first video call to telecom minister Raja and told him the recently introduced Indian Golden fifty plan would benefit the poorer sections especially..

He dont know or what the rent for this plan is 375 !!! :(

What ever BSNL does is for poorer only, they have to say so, its their MAJBOORI B) . In our country no one bothers for them in real sense but certainly all government policies are targeted at :cursing: POOR POLITICIANS AND BABUS :wub: , they are poorest people in India. So whats wrong if they save thousands by spending just Rs. 375, learn how to appreciate. :thumb:

Its just another plan. You need to pay 375/month for which you get only 50 Rs. talk time. Out of that 50 Rs. you can talk 100 mins. (ie. 50 ps./minute). You may topup to continue taking advantage of this plan. In term of "Packs" terminology, you are buying this pack for Rs. 325. I dont know how attractive it is and how much attention it should get in media.

Press Trust of India

22 Feb 2009, 1820 hrs IST

Initiating another round of tariff war, state-run BSNL on Sunday announced a new plan offering local and STD call at just 50 paise a minute across all the network, while the charges would be 20 and 30 paise for BSNL to BSNL.

BSNL's new tariff plan "India Golden Fifty", offering local and STD call at just 50 paise would be available from March 1. and the scheme, along with BSNL's 3G mobile services in the state, was launched by Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M Karunanidhi.

BSNL Chairman Kuldeep Goyal told reporters that the Golden Fifty plan would be available to consumers for a monthly rent of Rs 375 inclusive of taxes.

20 P tarriff for only 2 local numbers & 30 ps for one STD number Only(source-TOI, 22/2/09) :NOTriste:

so after free colour tv's our ingenious CM wants cheap tariffs.probably he may promise and fullfill free colour mobiles for the next election unmidfull of the financial implications.it is another matter that present atheist regime seeks money from Saibaba having emptied the coffers judiciously to clean up the highly polluted rivers in chennai.and all regimes here encourage water sales (no piped water in chennai,and purchasing potable water continues to be a common feature and H.E donot likes to talk abt the same.

Edited by ravi_patent

so after free colour tv's our ingenious CM wants cheap tariffs.probably he may promise and fullfill free colour mobiles for the next election unmidfull of the financial implications.it is another matter that present atheist regime seeks money from Saibaba having emptied the coffers judiciously to clean up the highly polluted rivers in chennai.

Do you think paying a fee of Rs. 325 for getting this tariff cheap ?

Absolutely the plan is costly and it may be useful for high user only.

dear setu

325 is no cheap i agree.. i was talking abt the request of H.E. karunanidhi,who may promise free colour phones in the next elections

tata indicom is already started the same plan

all calls and sms within India any provider either landline or mobile 50 paise for one min.

monthly rent is only 275 rupees.

BSNL = Bull "S hit" Nonsense Limited

Edited by thinkpositive

Still TOI printed the BSNL news on front page. And nobody knows about TATA plan so far.

All these BSNL things are marketing gimmicks.

Tata is no where closer to bsnl in terms of coverage, small players are ought to provide cheaper rates. We must not forget that bsnl is gsm and tata is cdma. Once you subscribe to tata means you are locked.

Reliance is already having such plan. For monthly rental of 275 all SMS/Calls in India @ 50p/minute. Its a great plan for heavy users.

^^^

is this circle specific or all india? dont see it reflect on rcom.co.in... but then nothing does ;-P

i guess the topic said lowest mobile tariff plan... not wireline !

i guess the topic said lowest mobile tariff plan... not wireline !

My mistake... didn't notice that the discussion was on Mobile tariffs. :)

..... bsnl is gsm and tata is cdma. Once you subscribe to tata means you are locked.

Though I am deviating a bit from the topic, I would still like to ask this question.

Why people still feel that subscribing to CDMA "locks" you ? Now Reliance and Tata both offer SIM based handsets and you can switch handsets just like GSM handsets. Apart from that the tariffs on CDMA, especially on Reliance, are also cheaper (though its a relative term). Gone are the days when you had only 2 handsets on Reliance, now you can have all kind of variety in the handsets and there are hundreds of them available in market freely. Starting from Rs. 700 to Rs. 25000. You have freedom to choose any handsets. CDMA also has pan India coverage. It offers better data speed than GSM. Then how its locking us ?

Edited by MOBILE FAN

..... bsnl is gsm and tata is cdma. Once you subscribe to tata means you are locked.

Though I am deviating a bit from the topic, I would still like to ask this question.

Why people still feel that subscribing to CDMA "locks" you ? Now Reliance and Tata both offer SIM based handsets and you can switch handsets just like GSM handsets. Apart from that the tariffs on CDMA, especially on Reliance, are also cheaper (though its a relative term). Gone are the days when you had only 2 handsets on Reliance, now you can have all kind of variety in the handsets and there are hundreds of them available in market freely. Starting from Rs. 700 to Rs. 25000. You have freedom to choose any handsets. CDMA also has pan India coverage. It offers better data speed than GSM. Then how its locking us ?

I agree with u. Also more CDMA operators are on the way..so we will have 5 or more networks in short future. [Reliance, tata, Virgin, Bsnl and Shyam].. am i right ?