Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
P. K. Daga

Reliance Netconnect Broadband Evdo (with High Speed Evdo Data Cards) Coming Soon!

Lets start another campaign like we all did for 1 re / kb.

Unlimited with cap? It happens only in India.

No dude.

Here in USA there is no unlimited plan on data card , no operator here provides unlimited internet on data cards

here it is $50 with 5GB download limit.

download speed is 900KBPS

Upload speed 600 KBPS

on sprint network (coverage and cust service ****s)

Its 800KBPS / 200 KBPS Upload in Verizon network(Best coverage in US).

AT&T provides 3g hsdpa cards but they provide edge speed and its the worst coverage and cust service only office hours.

comparing monthly price/download cap Reliance is better if the Download and upload speed matches US networks.

Edited by prawin

^^^

I agree we have best prices. But UNLIMITED means UNLIMITED. They should not use deceptive words. What prevent them from saying 10GB?

Also what is the reason for them to have FUP which may say that if you use beyond limit you will be penalized , in what ever way.

I have always believed that our telecom services are cheapest and perhaps best for the prices we are offered. Also indian customer care is far superior than western world.

But at the same time service providers do take advantage of our regulations and consumer ignorance.

With growing internet penetration FUP has become a world wide phenomenon.... but then they should stop advertising it as UNLIMITED....

Hey dude , Preshan mat hu , 3G era is just started we have to go beyond , Lets hope Unlimited will come when competition grows. I think Bsnl will soon introduced some Software update to its Evdo modem to make them EVDO A from 0 .

At least Bsnl tu hai for unlimited

Something is better than nothing

Primarily I think that India along with reliance is moving towards the globally accepted phenomenon of Fair Usage Policy.

Most of the companies, in India are ready to implement FUP at some level or the other.

Another well known ISP, wants to circumvent the FUP by reducing the plan speed by 50%, which according to TRAI guidelines would be cheating you in the following case.

Take the following scenario, you have a 256 Kbps connection, you reached your Fair Usage level, what this ISP does is it halves your speed and makes ur download speed to 128 Kbps, which according to TRAI is not even broadband, as broadband is defined only as connections beyond 256 Kbps and more.

At least Reliance is not doing that, and clearly mentioning that it will just charge u, not reduce ur speed without your knowledge.

Also, I would hate it if somebody is misusing the Internet so much that I barely get to do a voice chat on a Saturday night with my relative in US. I hope this will keep the super downloader’s and piracy kings under control. <_<

Well very frankly I am yet to see its effects here in West UP... I think it will be implemented only on UL connections of 512kbps.... and right now I am having a 338kbps UL plan which gives me speed of about 45-50Kbps in the day increasing upto 70-80Kbps in night.... so I am more than happy, right now, that is.... and I am downloading about 2GB per day....

I think the only problem we have is RComm calling its 10GB Data Limit as 'Unlimited'.

They have definately made a stupid mistake by trying fool unsuspecting subscribers.

.. but now if you see the comparison chart in that website.. its way beyond TATA's EVDO Card.

1) Reliance's REV-A is better than Tata's Rev-O - which only gives 1x speeds (144kbps) during uploads ! (Due to this Video Conf is definately not possible in Tata !)

2) Their coverage however says 35 cities compared to Tata's 3 cities but in phase 1 only 13 citites are RComm EVDO Ready. They are taking it up & im sure even Tata will soon look into it.

Probably we were expecting big things from Rel's EVDO but we must keep in mind the above factors while comparing Rel, Tata, Idea & VSNL/BSNL.

Check out the FAQ's for a better understanding.

EVDO_FAQs.doc

Reason why EVDO is only for Data Cards, Not for Voice.

but in phase 1 only 13 citites are RComm EVDO Ready.

All 35 are ready.

Edited by @mitJ@in

^^^^ Copuld u plz mention which para/page needs to be read..

Reliance EVDo DATA CARD RATE IS AS FOLLOWS

hUWAEI EC186-4500

ZTE -3700

PLANS ARE AS FOLLWS-

1.299 rental as u go as u pay

2.FREEDOM 650 1Gb download (beyond limit Rs2/MB)

3.FREEDOM 850 1.5Gb (beyond limit Rs2/MB)

4.FREEDOM @ NIGHT 499 unlimited in night(10pm to 6a.m.) in mrng 6FREEDOM Plans

5.Unlimited within city 1099( Truely Unlimited no FUP)

6.Unlimited within nation 1750 ( Truely Unlimited no FUP)

Note an adolpack of RS199 is available for Unlimited use in night with Freedom plans

hUWAEI EC186-4500

ZTE -3700

PLANS ARE AS FOLLWS-

Note an adolpack of RS199 is available for Unlimited use in night with Freedom plans

why u have written no FUP, from whr u got this info?

and what is launch date?

hUWAEI EC186-4500

ZTE -3700

PLANS ARE AS FOLLWS-

Source please..

anyone using it now??

as that site is already selling it for 3500 with 2 months UL.

and what plans we have in pay as you go??

is there any UL @ Night in pay as u go??

I've heard reviews from many who are using it now and everyone said the speed was really great. The current commerical launch date is March 17, 2009

Its not yet clear whether it is truly unlimited or whether the Fair Usage Policy is enforced. http://offers.connectindia.in/reliance/tariff.jsp had removed the FUP condition as well earlier.

now it becomes interesting.

I think with in 2 years we will see Unlimted plans in Rs 500 , But can Reliance provides present speed , Very intersting to see , till now wired one is good

The tariff page doesn't mention anything about Fair Usage Policy, looks like its truly unlimited itself :D

yes i also noticed that

well no joy, the limit is mentioned there:

"Unlimited usage plans will have a fair usage policy of 10 GB/month. Beyond which the customer will be charged at Rs. 2/- per MB."

on the page: http://www.rcom.co.in/Communications/rcom/...are_tariff.html

Since the service is officially launched now and this topic has grown long, please continue discussions in the second part of the topic.

:locked: