Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Himanshu Singh

Caller Tune Activated Automatically On All Rgsm Delhi Numbers

Reliance has activated caller tune on Gsm numbers since this morning without any charge. The tune being played is Reliance signature tune.

once this happened in my cdma.. when i called them they said they are offering free caller tunes for the first month and second month onwards its chargeable. so contact gsm CC and clarify this immediately..

Yup! seems they have activated CT on all R-GSM numbers.

savramesh, is it activated on yours too?

Yes just checked "total network" caller tune is activated for my number too [ie tamilnadu].. but amount not deducted..

called CC, that funny guy said i would have activated by mistake.. i said it got activated automatically for all customers, he is not aware of that, finally he said he will send me an sms on how to deactivate caller tune.. :)

It must be promotional offer and they might be checking how it works for them.

^^^

Checking??

They already did it for all india on their R power launch.

^^^

Checking??

I meant checking the new gsm infrastructure and not the tune itself.

^^^

Checking??

I meant checking the new gsm infrastructure and not the tune itself.

I don't think if people have not activated by their own and default signature tune is being played........ subscriber will be charged. Reliance also have such tune on CDMA my personal experiance is they didn't charged me for that until after few months i changed the song.

Still, Deactivating is a better option. Better safe than sorry :Contento:

Still, Deactivating is a better option. Better safe than sorry :Contento:

Definatly :GirandoOjos:

I had contacted the CC regarding this. They have confirmed that the tone has been activated for free for a period of 90 days on all RGSM numbers..

I had contacted the CC regarding this. They have confirmed that the tone has been activated for free for a period of 90 days on all RGSM numbers..

What about after 90 days. They will start deducting subscription charges for caller tune? or honestly deactivate it? :confuse:

What about after 90 days. They will start deducting subscription charges for caller tune? or honestly deactivate it? :confuse:

Given the track record of reliance, you can be sure that customers will be shafted at some point of time. :)

better be safe and get it deactivated ASAP.

BTW, what is the number to send a SMS and what to include in the SMS? I too will have to deactivate this caller tune.

Edited by starnet

UNSUBCT to 51234

^^^

is this sms toll free..?

since the CT didnt get deactivated after sending the sms 3 days back, today i called CC and asked him to deactivate caller tune.. he checked and said i have not subscribed to CT.

i informed him that i am still having reliance tune while calling, for that he said its a free service given by reliance and if in future if they consider this tune as CT then they will call us and inform.. also assured without informing us they will not charge for CT and asked me to enjoy this free service..