Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

Reliance Netconnect Broadband Plus On Evdo

The Hindu

Friday, Mar 13, 2009

Reliance Communications (RCom) on Thursday rolled out of its CDMA wireless broadband service, Reliance Netconnect Broadband Plus, which, the company claims, is the country’s fastest Internet service. The new product boasts a downlink speed of up to 3.1 mega bytes a second (Mbps) and a separate uplink speed of up to 1.8 Mbps, a 30 per cent higher downlink rate compared to other wireless broadband offerings.

As part of its launch, Reliance is embarking on an aggressive roll-out of it broadband Internet service. The new service will be available in 35 cities with seamless handover to high speed 1x service covering 20,000 towns and 4.5 lakh villages as well as all major road and rail routes across the country covering 99 per cent of India’s Internet population. The company will retail the Netconnect Broadband Plus in 12,000 IT retail outlets across India and 2,300 exclusive retail stores.

The new service will be available in retail outlets from March 17 and will be launched in two Plug and Play USB device variants, which are priced at Rs. 3,500. The company is launching the product starting at a monthly subscription charge of Rs. 299 with schemes going up to Rs. 1,750 a month. The company is also offering an unlimited night plan at Rs. 499 a month.

Addressing the media here, Reliance Communications President Mahesh Prasad said the new services “will be the inflection point for the Indian Internet industry and would enable broadband access to millions of online Indians. We are targeting two major segments — about six million road warriors who need Internet access on the move through their laptops and about eight million home PC users who access entertainment and educational purposes.”

Reliance NetConnect official website: http://www.rcom.co.in/Communications/rcom/..._broadband.html

Note: Unlimited usage plans will have a fair usage policy of 10 GB/month. Beyond which the customer will be charged at Rs. 2/- per MB

Pre-launch Discussion Topic

The Hindu

Friday, Mar 13, 2009

Reliance Communications (RCom) on Thursday rolled out of its CDMA wireless broadband service, Reliance Netconnect Broadband Plus, which, the company claims, is the country’s fastest Internet service. The new product boasts a downlink speed of up to 3.1 mega bytes a second (Mbps) and a separate uplink speed of up to 1.8 Mbps, a 30 per cent higher downlink rate compared to other wireless broadband offerings.

As part of its launch, Reliance is embarking on an aggressive roll-out of it broadband Internet service. The new service will be available in 35 cities with seamless handover to high speed 1x service covering 20,000 towns and 4.5 lakh villages as well as all major road and rail routes across the country covering 99 per cent of India’s Internet population. The company will retail the Netconnect Broadband Plus in 12,000 IT retail outlets across India and 2,300 exclusive retail stores.

The new service will be available in retail outlets from March 17 and will be launched in two Plug and Play USB device variants, which are priced at Rs. 3,500. The company is launching the product starting at a monthly subscription charge of Rs. 299 with schemes going up to Rs. 1,750 a month. The company is also offering an unlimited night plan at Rs. 499 a month.

Addressing the media here, Reliance Communications President Mahesh Prasad said the new services “will be the inflection point for the Indian Internet industry and would enable broadband access to millions of online Indians. We are targeting two major segments — about six million road warriors who need Internet access on the move through their laptops and about eight million home PC users who access entertainment and educational purposes.”

Reliance NetConnect official website: http://www.rcom.co.in/Communications/rcom/..._broadband.html

Note: Unlimited usage plans will have a fair usage policy of 10 GB/month. Beyond which the customer will be charged at Rs. 2/- per MB

Pre-launch Discussion Topic

Fair usage would be 50 Gb

^^^

But Dagaji it is clearly written in their site that FU is 10GB.

^^^

But Dagaji it is clearly written in their site that FU is 10GB.

My post was based on the following article

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/2009/0...31351320400.htm

But later I checked with couple of Netconnect Managers of RCOM and they have also confirmed as 10 GB only.

Edited by P. K. Daga

Reliance crashed all my joys with this illogical thing called FUP! The limit should have been in the range of 50-60GB atleast.

Lets guess someone who never checked this line "Note: Unlimited usage plans will have a fair usage policy of 10 GB/month. Beyond which the customer will be charged at Rs. 2/- per MB ^_^ " and went with unlimited plan thinking that is unlimited surfing without any limit :) Use just 5 gb more and here is the bill amount! :huh:

Rs 1750 [unlimited]

Rs 10,240 [ 5 GB used more ( 5gb = 5120 mb * Rs 2 per MB for above 10gb limit )]

--------------

Rs 11,990 + Tax...... :o

The wise decision

NOT FOR THOSE WHO ARE USING ABOVE 10GB/month

buy device use 2month unlimited plan and then shift to plan 6.

because let u decide in one month period

1)how many times u go out of ur city?

2)if more than 4times then whether that city is EVDO enabed?

3)if yes, is are is evdo enabed?

4)if yes then what is maximum time u spend in that area?

5)what is surfing time?

6)and DO U REALLY NEED HIGH SPEED DURING THAT SURFING? can't adjust with 144kbps?

so go for 1099city plan, and chage the plan to plan 5 (5GB) for those month when u need roaming.

well yesterday on tech guru i saw them reviewing this evdo data card ...

it was been tested in mumbai ...

he was getting on an average 600 kilobits/s

and his avg download speed for 70kbps

thats pathetic, we get that much download speed on 512 Kbps connection....

^^^

i know ...even i was shocked to see the test results ....

and his avg download speed for 70kbps

70Kbps or 70KBps?

^^^

it should be 70KBps [1KB = 8Kb]

Today i tried to book it online from Reliance site http://www.rcom.co.in/Communications/rcom/...buynow_bb+.html after selecting online it took me to this site http://offers.connectindia.in/reliance/broadband.jsp

When i fill the form and paid the amount 3500/- from my icici account it failed :NOTriste:

They deducted 3500/- from bank account.

Please find attached image as my screenshot.

i already sent a mail to support@vriti.com let see when i get my money back :(

post-35864-1236934360_thumb.jpg

:unsure::angry: if this speed is in testing phase what will be there after commercial launch? Hope they improve.

LOL - FUP 10GB

How is it unlimited? I download more on my 128kbps line in a month. What a joke.

But bsnl speed ****s.

BSNL is a proxy connections and dont gives us Global IP. Speed and Coverage is Pathatic.

I think people Sud stop dreaming 3G / EVDO / HSDPA. and try to focus on Broadband / WiFi so on.

they are too fast in marketing, found the adv in some site..

Pay Rs3500 to get USB modem and 2 months unlimited internet worth Rs3500

LINK to Order

post-25387-1236943302_thumb.jpg

Edited by Arun

^^^

i too expect a fall..

I read (From Business Line) that only software updations were done on existing towers to launch EVDO. No additional hardware needs to be fitted. If that is the case I think we can expect it to be launched in more cities/towns shortly