Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Himanshu Singh

Virgin Mobile

Friends I purchased a Virgin Mobile lifetime connection with Samsung SCH-B279 handset for Rs.1850 last week which includes 499 local mins and 499 local sms valid for 60 days. My main objectives were to get STD calls@50paise and cheap STD sms comparable to MyGang@10paise and cheap LOCAL sms@5paise comparable to MTNL. Till now I was using Reliance for locals@0.50 and std@1 Idea for std sms and Mtnl for local sms. it was however inconvenient to carry them together. i dint want to get a postpaid number.Virgin combines everything. My first 2 std mins are charged@1.5 and next thirty@0.5,first 3 std sms@1.5 and next 100 free. voice clarity is as good as reliance, signals are available in basements of malls, sms get delivered. the best part is that i get paid for incoming calls@1paise for every 6 sec of incoming. on an average i get Rs.2.5 a day which is promptly credited the next morning. so it is a very good proposition at the moment in prepaid segment.

@dear himanshu

ne good factor u missed is customer care.and the bad part is tata/virgin is signals are not as good as relinace atleast here in chennai, though i am least affected

Edited by ravi_patent

tata network is although less, but it is not as saturated as reliance is?

i agree that rcom cdma n/w is best, but tariff is best for virgin.

and don't forgot about investment of tata through NTT docomo. :)

@saket

in chennai ,where i live, i have faced n/w prob wt reliance only once since 2004 ,and was lucky to get it corrected in a week and till date no issues .whereas with virgin i am facing ocassional calldrops.

Edited by ravi_patent

Guys in 7 days the credit on incoming paid to me is Rs.24.99, which makes an average of more than Rs.3.50 a day.