Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

Reliance To Launch "change2broadband" Campaign For Existing 1x Customers

The Hindu Business Line

Friday, March 27, 2009

Anil Ambani-run Reliance Communications is targeting 15-20 per cent of its revenue from its data and value-added services verticals.

According to company sources, RCom is giving a major push to its data business and expects it, along with the VAS business, to contribute 15-20 per cent of overall revenues.

To achieve its revenue target, RCom is planning to target high-value customers of rival companies.

The company is planning to launch a swap offer 'Change2Broadband' wherein data-card customers of competitors will be upgraded to Reliance's Netconnect Broadband Plus service, sources said.

Under 'Change2Broadband', RCom will offer a Rs 3,600 annualised savings scheme to these churn customers. A potential high-value customer for RCom is one who is currently subscribing to tariff plans of over Rs 1,099.

This could translate into a revenue contribution of over Rs 800 crore every quarter. RCom is also planning a similar swap offer to upgrade its own Reliance Netconnect customers to Netconnect Broadband Plus. RCom has tied up with Alcatel Lucent to establish its data network.

Better reliance concentrate on its own customers who are using netconnect through mobile. It needs to give an option to use evdo through a combo plan where they can use usb modem for netconnect & the bill for the same gets added in to their mobile bill.

Its problem with most of the customers how get their mobile bills paid by their employers, most of the employers pay only for one mobile. Second service (data card) is not paid so they are forced to use their handsets as a modem for net connect.

If a combo plan is launched many of these customers will go for EVDO cards

Great news.. many customers who recently bought new 1x DCs were feeling cheated.

Fresh hope for them.. but lets see whats the exact T&C.

yes their motive must be to prevent their churn also ...

and also by uprgarding the data card they are ensuring that customer would stay long on their network.

moreover they might add some customers also from the 1x cards of those people who upgraded to evdo

I was quite expecting this few days back. anyways its a good news for 1X customers. also can anyone tell me what will be the plan and teriff for the converted customers? I mean will it be same or any changes...

^^^ But Arun.. the RComm site doesn't provide any method/options for changing to EVDO from 1x.

Are you giving this link only for info ? No fresh updates yet?

i have recently subscribed to new net connection with huawei modem and after one month the new technology is launched what to do now

and the plans are not economical comparatively with earlier plan that is 749 unlimited 20gb

for this new launch speed is very high we can reach the usage limit very quickly so we would be charged for every additional mb download therefore it is not worth preferring

and one more doubt any one have checked its speed on average

i have recently subscribed to new net connection with huawei modem and after one month the new technology is launched what to do now

and the plans are not economical comparatively with earlier plan that is 749 unlimited 20gb

for this new launch speed is very high we can reach the usage limit very quickly so we would be charged for every additional mb download therefore it is not worth preferring

I would suggest you to go for Netconnect Broadband+ since the price difference is not much when you consider the big difference you will get in the speed.

and one more doubt any one have checked its speed on average

Check: http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?s=&a...st&p=144430

Before opening an upgrade option they should increase their coverage.

let they see what is initial response, then they will think of increasing coverage?