Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Himanshu Singh

Gprs No Longer Free

GPRS is no longer free in New Delhi it seems. There are 4 plans- Plan 99, Plan 199, Daily Pass@10per day and pay as you go@10paise per 10kb. No unlimited usage plan.

^^^

And in the 1st 3 plans, you also pay network usage charges 5p/10kb or 10p/10kb like in CDMA? RCOM is probably the only cellco to do double charging.

Idea has unlimited plan for a daily rental of Rs.20. I was hoping that Reliance would offer it for Rs15 if not Rs 10. But there is no unlimited plan as such even for 30.

@sachinrocks

Don't want to say..

But data plans in Reliance really s**ks.. :(

GPRS doesn't work on RGSM in Delhi. I am yet to see it work in Delhi. Even outgoing voice calls can't be made from Reliance GSM yet.

Reliance GSM is a scam. :NOTriste:

Idea has unlimited plan for a daily rental of Rs.20. I was hoping that Reliance would offer it for Rs15 if not Rs 10. But there is no unlimited plan as such even for 30.

you itself told in first post that there is a plan "Daily Pass@10per day" what does this mean ?? is it not unlimited ? NUC is applicable ?

savramesh, daily pass is not unlimited.

I still fail to understand how Reliance charge for WAP / R WORLD.. When they are charging Rental, content then what is the meaning of NETWORK USAGE CHARGES?

Can you please elaborate me? I am seriously asking.

Please explain me for example - I am subscribing Rs. 10 per day and downloading outside RWORLD, then how do they charge me if say, I download 200 KB?

FOr above AM I CHARGED 20 X 10 ps/10 KB = 200 paise ? as network usage charge? + daily pass charges?

If I download content from RWORLD, say video clip - of 200 KB, then how am I charged?

Say video clip is costing Rs. 10 + (20 X 10ps / 10 kb as network usage) Rs. 2 + daily pass charges?

If this isthe case LEAVE RELIANCE. DONT touch EVEN RELIANCE GSM

^^^

This is exactly what RCOM has been doing for the last 6 months to 1 year. They are double charging for rental (99/199) and also NUC (5ps/10kb) This must rank as the only cellco in the world to cheat customers in this novel way.

I feel lucky leaving reliance on time. I pay Rs. 99 per month for 50 MB, full fledged GPRS. No proxies, no Airtel interference and no unlocking / cracking handsets.

^^

I feel once MNP kicks in,a lot of RCOM subscribers will jump the wall to the other side, unless RCOM takes immediate action to stem the SMS and Data rot with both CDMA and GSM.

^^

I feel once MNP kicks in,a lot of RCOM subscribers will jump the wall to the other side, unless RCOM takes immediate action to stem the SMS and Data rot with both CDMA and GSM.

I once again want to share with you people -

With my nokia E71 - I use unlimited GPRS plan of airtel( Rs 250 /month). Since I have taken this plan for 1 year - Rs 1500( 125 pm) :Sorprendido: .

Its damn cheap. I get EDGE all over Trivandrum. I had connectivity all India ( during roaming). I use my phone to stream youtube,

get push mail, Mail for exchange , IM, Fring, Google News, etc.

For local call Airtel again. I get a lot of perks like -

Rental 199

600 mins to any mobile

1000 mins to CUG @10 paise

After the alloted quota - 30ps - A, 40 ps - O(m)

Airtel to Airtel STD - Re 1

Airtel to Others - Rs 1.5

Local SMS - 49 ps ( 100 free local sms)

National - 1

International SMS - Rs 3

For calling to STD locations - I use Tata.

Now I also have reliance CDMA postpaid , GSM Prepaid( no network ever since I bought) - which I have stopped using.

It can never match the tariff mentioned above.

Imagine their data plan. I can never live with it. And I cannot live without data plan. So till 3G comes to India in full way -

I feel great with my connection.

Edited by lostjournal

Why wait for MNP. Call forward technique worked so well for me, I too changed my 4 years old number. Its not as difficult as we think.

I guess Tata is the only operator in India who still offers Internet Access(All websites) on Mobile for FREE!!

@kshah,

Indeed it is not difficult or impossible to change numbers. To hell with MNP - whether it is implemented or not.

But, CF method will work only when people call you and you inform them about the number change and after that they have to edit and save your new number. What about the people who have your number but call you up maybe once a year or once in 2/3/4/x years? And most importantly, many people do not know how to add/edit and save the phone book numbers.

People have become very lazy with the advent of the mobile phone, they do not seem to maintain telephone directories at all, like in the past. and shockingly many do not even bother to backup their phone books or are unaware how to do it. And phone manufacturers also are to blame because different brands have very different UI for PC Suite. The more easier life becomes with automation, the more complicated it becomes in reality.

Even opera mini stopped working.Can someone confirm after taking gprs day plan that opera mini will be working or not.

I agree with you but we all have atleast one fixed line. From where people can get number. MNP too will have its own issues for some time and succumbing to operators is not my cup of tea.

Even opera mini stopped working.Can someone confirm after taking gprs day plan that opera mini will be working or not.

for me opera is working after subscription.

i subscribed for (pay as u go..)

Edited by SantoshRoyal

I guess Tata is the only operator in India who still offers Internet Access(All websites) on Mobile for FREE!!

i am using since last 4 years

free in prepaid and postpaid

supported by nokia motorola and samsung handset :signthankspin:

earlier it was said that gprs rates will be 5p per 10 kB.now it becomes 10 p per 10 kB. 100% increase...........

Free GPRS usage over for me too from today! When trying to connect they say to subscribe. ;)

hav one doubt ... In the "Pay-as-you-go" the tariff says 10p/10KB so is it including NUC of 5p or is again charged?

GPRS is no longer free in New Delhi it seems. There are 4 plans- Plan 99, Plan 199, Daily Pass@10per day and pay as you go@10paise per 10kb. No unlimited usage plan.

No, i have been using the day pass. Since RWorld browsing is FREE there is no 5p/10kb charging.. have confirmed with the customer care team too. Finally they have removed browsing charges for R World.......

savramesh, daily pass is not unlimited.

hey, i have been using the day pass...there is no network usage charges....the website shows CDMA mobile internet charges....as usual they dnt seem to have updated GSM site....

Mobile surfing Packs similar to those in CDMA are now also available for GSM. Price is same.

If we subscribe to Pay as you go pack, can me use apps like opera and gmaps?