Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
savramesh

Mts Lifetime Sim @ 49

few minutes back i took MTS lifetime sim @ 49.

sim not yet activated.

i will post all informations i have with MTS

few updates are

10 rs talktime for 49 sim

number 9150029900

customercare 155

self care 177

inserted in nokia 6265 and the phone accepted.

inside my home signal is exactly same as reliance. [approx 25%]

please give me some time for further updates

you got some nice number there. ;)

STD 1.40/min

local mts 35p/min

other mobile and landline 70p/min

Sim got activated now.. spoke to customer care @ 155 and she treated me well.

SIM card memory is 64k

validity showing only 6 months from today, so called cc again they said for their lifetime sim the validity will show only 6 months and when we topup for 200 during these period then another 6 months will be extended. if not recharged then after 6 months calls will be barred. good move by mts..

MTS info menu option contains

Voice Services

Cricket

Astrology

Devotional

Jokes

News

Railway Enquiry

Utilities

I love this. 8-10 operators in every circle is a very welcome thing. It certainly empower the customers. It will discourage any further attempts at cartelisation. Kerala and TN have max number of operators I guess. Soon with Tata coming into GSM one more pan india provider would be present everywhere. Throw in the new licensees who are waiting to launch services and you get a success story unparalleled in Indian economy.

User manual screenshots

post-25387-1238603208_thumb.jpg

post-25387-1238603217_thumb.jpg

post-25387-1238603233_thumb.jpg

post-25387-1238603242_thumb.jpg

post-25387-1238603250_thumb.jpg

post-25387-1238603259_thumb.jpg

post-25387-1238603270_thumb.jpg

post-25387-1238603278_thumb.jpg

post-25387-1238603287_thumb.jpg

post-25387-1238603295_thumb.jpg

post-25387-1238603305_thumb.jpg

User manual screenshots

Even I want MTS. But dont want to spend on handset. I have LG 3000. Can we somehow do this?

^^^

i am not sure if LG supports mts sim, tomorrow i will be meeting my friend who is having a reliance outlet. i will try this mts sim in some reliance handset models and update here which one supports..

Edited by savramesh

^^ oh yes ... that that would be awesome. Don't forget to try out lg 6600 :)

and btw, does MTS have any internet access plan?

^^^

i tried connecting opera mini but it didnt work, so called cc to activate wap services and i got to know that currently there is no wap services and will be launched soon..

Can someone tell me about the advantage of 64K sim card both in any GSM/CDMA....

Thanks is advance ;)

as i get very poor network inside my house, i called cc and gave a complaint. she took all necessary information, gave me a complaint number and assured that this network problem will be solved within 10 hours. lets see what happens next..

^^^

i tried connecting opera mini but it didnt work, so called cc to activate wap services and i got to know that currently there is no wap services and will be launched soon..

I hope they launch something cheaper than Reliance is offering at 60p/min.. 10p/min would be perfect!!  <_<

Can someone tell me about the advantage of 64K sim card both in any GSM/CDMA....

Thanks is advance ;)

i think it can save more contacts and sms than a 32k sim..

some more updates

calls from mts going to aircel and coming from aircel

calls going to reliance and coming from reliance

calls going to bsnl landline and NOT coming from bsnl landline..

^^ oh yes ... that that would be awesome. Don't forget to try out lg 6600 :)

will try 6600 too and update you.. :)

as i get very poor network inside my house, i called cc and gave a complaint. she took all necessary information, gave me a complaint number and assured that this network problem will be solved within 10 hours. lets see what happens next..

10 Hours!!! Thats great!

For past one and half month there id no reliance network in my house. Every attempt to reach them failed.

10 Hours!!! Thats great!

For past one and half month there id no reliance network in my house. Every attempt to reach them failed.

for the last 3 years i am fighting with reliance cdma for better coverage inside my house and nothing happened even after getting so many assurances.. they made me to take rgsm, they made me to convert cdma postpaid to prepaid and now made me to take mts... :)

lets see how mts listen to me ..

To be honest with MTS, I am really impressed with their launch activities. MTS has advertised very widely all across TN - posters, banners, name boards, bus-stand route boards, micro hoardings (hoardings have been banned by SC all across TN since quite some time and as a result our city has lost the tag of "city of hoardings")

RCOM is nowhere near them. They launched their GSM services as if they were doing something illegal. Maybe they did not have the TDSAT judgement then.

^^^

lolz..

you must have threatened them by saying you are going to terminate the number :P

To be honest with MTS, I am really impressed with their launch activities. MTS has advertised very widely all across TN - posters, banners, name boards, bus-stand route boards, micro hoardings (hoardings have been banned by SC all across TN since quite some time and as a result our city has lost the tag of "city of hoardings")

RCOM is nowhere near them. They launched their GSM services as if they were doing something illegal. Maybe they did not have the TDSAT judgement then.

Its not about TDSAT judgement. But their pathetic network and service. I would rate third grade. I was not expecting this from reliance. I have almost stopped using reliance. For me TATA and Airtel works great. But MTS has really shown some spark. I would love to use it.

you must have threatened them by saying you are going to terminate the number :P

it all happened earlier, but of no use. because my problem will be solved only with a new tower installation. 2 years back a new tower was installed 2 kms away from house but that was in a hilly area so it didnt help me. 6 months back they said once gsm is tower near my house [1 km] is up then they will add cdma antenna to enhance network. when i checked with the local tech guy 2 months back he said they have not got the control of gsm tower and its still under test phase with reliance mumbai. once they get the control of gsm tower then they will recommend and try to add cdma antenna, this was the last response.

after taking rgsm i stopped caring about cdma. anyway will speak to them again and find out what can they do for my prepaid cdma...

@savramesh,

If you are getting only the same 25%signals in MTS as in RCDMA/RGSM, then I presume that MTS is using the same RCOM tower in your area.

What this boils down to is the fact that you will get better signals in all your connections (RCDMA/RGSM/MTS) only when RCOM strengthens their tower in your area. Till then you will have to bear with their half hearted services....

@kumaar

reliance is nt sharing wt mts

@ramesh

What this boils down to is the fact that the operator with which mts is sharing (eihter aircel or tata) also have the tower near to rel tower .if its away just 1km from ur house,may be thats bcoz of the geographical location of ur house.if mts is also unable to resolve this issue then surely its geographical location

@savramesh,

If you are getting only the same 25%signals in MTS as in RCDMA/RGSM, then I presume that MTS is using the same RCOM tower in your area.

What this boils down to is the fact that you will get better signals in all your connections (RCDMA/RGSM/MTS) only when RCOM strengthens their tower in your area. Till then you will have to bear with their half hearted services....

MTS and RCDMA is almost same coverage for me, today I confirmed that both towers are located at different places. RGSM i am having a tower less than 1 KM away and i am getting full signal.