Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
savramesh

Mts Lifetime Sim @ 49

@ramesh

What this boils down to is the fact that the operator with which mts is sharing (eihter aircel or tata) also have the tower near to rel tower .if its away just 1km from ur house,may be thats bcoz of the geographical location of ur house.if mts is also unable to resolve this issue then surely its geographical location

Problem is only with RCDMA tower's geographical location. they choose a strange location to install their tower. i am getting good coverage of BSNL, Voda, Airtel, Aircel etc.. RGSM too... they can easily improve cdma coverage by adding an antenna in the nearby RGSM tower..

MTS tech guy visited my house today and he said they have started the second phase of tower installations, so my feedback is valuable for them and the network issue will be solved 100% in the near future..

Edited by savramesh

Even I want MTS. But dont want to spend on handset. I have LG 3000. Can we somehow do this?
^^ oh yes ... that that would be awesome. Don't forget to try out lg 6600

i tried MTS sim in both LG 6600 and LG 3000, but it DID NOT work. says contact reliance customer care..

^^ Thanks for the update. I was thinking of getting an MTS sim if it worked with any existing handset. Just to try their services for a few days.

^^^

even i bought mts sim just to try services for few days as it is cdma by russians.. mts sim working in my 6265 was a surprise for me ...

^^^

6265/6275 are open handsets, thats why any RUIM will work in it. Can anybody else provide work-arounds for LG with MTS/TATA?

All the best with your MTS connection. If all the others are capable of giving good services, why still remain with RCOM? Some other service provider can offer you better services but not tariffs. Maybe because RCOM is cheaper like it is for all of us including me.

@ravi,

thanks for the info on tower sharing.

^^^

i still use RCDMA because rcdma network is better than any other network in the places where i used to roam frequently.. now i have 3 networks rcdma / rgsm / mts. so i guess no place will lack coverage of all these 3, so where ever i go i can use the best one from the above 3...

Edited by savramesh

MTS network can't be compared with RCOM CDMA or even GSM networks in terms of coverage. MTS will take at least another one and half years to cover the entire country for sure.

Btw, who is the roaming partner for MTS?

please give me update about delhi circle.when they are launch here.and any news about new companies like unitech videocon swan

^^^

i roam only in kerala and Tamilnadu..

Just got a call from 405899150999999 MTS executive said they are integrating new towers in my town and the coverage problem will be solved in 1 week.. :)

Executives visiting ur place within 10 hours, and also getting a call from the executives confirming regarding the installation of a tower in your local area...........

Amazing dude..

Now it is for these telecom companies to woo people with their quality of service rather than just open promises which were acceptable until now by consumers. I am sure, all telco would gear up on the customer service front to compete more vigorously after the implementation of MNP

^^^

i roam only in kerala and Tamilnadu..

Just got a call from 405899150999999 MTS executive said they are integrating new towers in my town and the coverage problem will be solved in 1 week.. :)

"405899150999999"

Wat kind of no is this??

40589 is any STD code or russian number? 9150 999 999 seems to be the HL number.

the executive spoke to me in Tamil.

is it any voip number ?

405 89 = IND 89 ?

mts life sim offerd @25

@srk

tata is the roaming partner...

@ramesh

initial promise of 10 hours became 1 week!

Edited by ravi_patent

^^^

i guess the CC meant "within 10 hours my complaint will be attended" and she told "will be solved"...

anyway lets see what happens in 1 week...

@ramesh

initial promise of 10 hours became 1 week!

Even this is commendable!

any open set purchased from open market should work

Nokia, Samsung (Max/Duo/MPower), Bleu, Fly, Spice

has anybody tried these options? are there any more available?

Edited by commonman

In what all cities and towns is MTS available in TN? Is there any detail regarding this available in their website?

^^^

i couldnt find the list of town/cities in their website. you can try calling their chennai office to enquire Tel. No. 044 42886888

even in my town i was not aware about their launch, i found it surprisingly in a mobile shop and also saw a fancy number, so i took it immediately..

At least a customer service rep was available on phone and someone even visited the place of the customer to see his problem. This is great going by MTS. At least they are trying to solve the problem of a customer. We must give credit where it is due.

On the other hand all I hear when I try to call RGSM support is "all routes are busy..." Reliance has just sold the GSM SIMs and now doesn't see the need for providing the service to the customers after taking their money. "Take the money and RUN" this seems to be the new motto of Reliance.

they take our money and run.. we need to run behind them for better service.. its like running around a tree. so they again come behind us for money by giving unwanted VAS and rworld plans...

RCOM has a lot to do to match the service privided by MTS and other telecom providers. Unfortunately RCOM has this "no care attitude". Its something like, "If not u, somebody else will be happy with a RCOM, so u can get out".

Dont know how far this will last.

Also, the RCOM customer care executives are always in a hurry to end the call. Each time I call and when the representatives are hurrying through the call, I stop them and I ask them, "Are u in a hurry? If yes please transfer me to another representative". AFter i implemented this, the situation is a lot better

Edited by vvinayakpai

^^^

where as in MTS they [CC] keep asking us anything else, anything else.....

i have spoke to MTS cc 4 times so far and i did not hear them saying "our system is under upgradation or our system is slow now or our system is temporarily down" etc.. whereas i have heard this from reliance cc atleast for 50% of my calls so far in 5 yeras...

lets see in long term how MTS cares the customers...

"Nayi, Naveli dulhan hai"

"Asli Rang dikhayegi"

Just wait sometime, they also will catch on with the industry. Right now they do not have many subscribers, so their systems are not overworked or under upgradation (should it not be updation?) Let them get some 10 million subscribers and the problems will start manifold times.