Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
niket

Rconnect SMTP, POP?

Many internet service provider offer atleast one email ID + Pop + Smtp ..

Reliance is not providing yet. any have more info about that.. :confuse:

its got a pretty simple answer. reliance is not an isp. they r not registered as an isp. but still they have the 5th or 3rd largest internet subscribers....

quite interesting isnt it?

and if reliance does give out email address... wow. they would require pretty large storage space....

its got a pretty simple answer. reliance is not an isp. they r not registered as an isp. but still they have the 5th or 3rd largest internet subscribers....

quite interesting isnt it?

and if reliance does give out email address... wow. they would require pretty large storage space....

Ok my only wish is smtp server. i am very much sure they had that but not for users.. :confuse:

Ok my only wish is smtp server. i am very much sure they had that but not for users.. :confuse:

yeah u r right ..

maybe u'll find this interesting..

http://www.rimweb.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=180

I know but SMTP is diff thing u can use that server for sending your message form e-mail client like Outlook or Mozilla etc. And it is most valuable thing for me.

well i too use smtp to send my email, but i think there are quite a few email service providers giving smtp server. it might not be fast as ur own isp server, but still it would work.

do u need it to send lots of email or to send big emails?

Yes I am subscriber of couple of mailing-list. so i got about 50 mails everyday .

I have free POP3 excess so it is easy to recive but sending reply for any mail easy. if reliance start service like that it's good and it is ok if they want some bucks for service.

Now Tata's Total Internet Package provide this but i don't want to subscribe for Dial-up service.

yea, it is pretty good, i use it for most of my purposes, but their spam policy is a bit hard.they uses black lists. so when someone on my network sends spam they blocked my email id too for out going, i had to contact their support, after which they gave me some instructions which worked fine, their support is pretty good, i get immediate response

R-connect users, please let me know if you can use email client like outlook express , outlook or Eudora with R-connect. Since VSNL & Major ISP dont allow relay, RIL must be giving SMTP server for sending emails. What is SMTP server in RIL ?

Does RIL giving login name & password for sending email ? Please clarify if this is known to someone.

Rgds,

Dhiren.

Guys I have a question on SMTP.

I am using VSNL email for my personal & business use. When I connect net from VSNL dial up, I can send email to anybody. VSNL condition is that sender emails should belong to VSNL for sending emails.

Now when I connect from MTNL, I cant send email using my VSNL ID. VSNL rejects email giving relay error. However when I connect net using my HUGHES ( TATA ) phone, they have given SMTP server using which I can send email to anyone and there is no condition for sender's email ID. ie. sender email can be any like hotmail, yahoo or vsnl or anything. I cant send yahoo email from outlook express using VSNL connection.

Similarly Lan internet & Hathway provide SMTP server for sending emails where there is no restriction of sender email.

I understood from this discussion that there are service providers who allow smtp. Say gawab.... But here they wont allow outgoing email as VSNL. Outgoing email must be something@gawab.

So please inform if one can use VSNL or YAHOO mail using OUTLOOK EXPRESS while connection is made from R-connect. If someone is successful using another SMTP than the RIL, please explain how it works. If it is useful, I can buy cable and use RIM for sending emails.

Awaiting a good solution soon.

Rgds,

Dhiren.

hi Dhiren,

Well regarding tat email address restriction....

Many smtp servers doesnot allow relay from email outside their domain.

These are all done to avoid spam.

Some servers need authentication before sending mail. :clap1:

And mostly many servers need the from address as valid in their domain. :rolleyes:

Like you wont be able to authorise yourself in yahoo with your rediff id.

Regarding the connection...

R-connect is to get you connected to the net.. Once you are connected, you can access any pop3 account, provided tat u have the accounts setup correctly and tat the mail servers support pop3 access for your account.

Dear Ashok,

Thanks for reply. I understand POP. POP3 a/c can be accessed from any network or ISP. Hence getting VSNL emails in R-connect should not be a problem.

I need answer on how to send email from R-connect , say, xyz@vsnl.com and using which SMTP ?

Rgds,

Dhiren.

I need answer on how to send email from R-connect , say, xyz@vsnl.com and using which SMTP ?

At present I dont think Reliance provides any smtp server from their side for r-connect users... :clap1:

Thanks Ashok...... That means R-connect is good for net purpose. Not for business mails.

not necessarly

there are many isps which provide pop3 and smtp servers. if you have any other isp account you can use that smtp address or else you can search for free email providers who provide pop3 and smtp. some will require that you use the smtp only with their email address, but if search hard enough then you will be able to find some which do not make such requests.

freemailguide search for email service providers at this site.

check the pop3 email providers and free email servers. or else try using imap

well,

sunil u gave me information about gawab.com and works fine.

But If u have mail account like yourcomp@vsnl.net or yourcomp@rim.net .

it will increase your credit to your customer then yourcomp@rediffmail.com or yourcomp@yahoo.com.

If reliance start full mail and webhosting services for r-connect cutomers. i am ready to pay for that.

i dont think it would be that great to have such an email with @yahoo.com or @rediffmail.com, it would actually reduce the value. if you want to increase the value then you should think bout getting a domain name, that really gives value. and in the mean time check out mail.com, they have tons of domain names like teacher.com etc etc. you could get something which u can relate to yourself. but their web interface isnt something i like and they dont give pop3 and smtp. btw if arun is interested gawab.com gives free webbased email for domain names, with smtp and pop3. 4 mb space. and its free. if arun is interested then every member can get 4mb mail box @rimweb.com and they take care of the space and all works... think bout it.

if arun is interested then every member can get 4mb mail box @rimweb.com and they take care of the space and all works... think bout it.

Sorry, setting up for gawab will require me to change the MX entries and so the current DNS configurations will be affected. Also, they do not allow POP/SMTP for free users.

Ur post gets merged here, Get ur issued thrashed out in this thread! -- Chirag

Can anyone tell me the smtp address of rconnect for sending mail using outlook express ?

Also do we get a email id with rconnect i.e. mynumber@relianceinfo.com etc ?

Edited by Chirag

At present Reliance doesnt provide such a thing..

We had a discussion on this for sometime

See this topic above for more info