Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Saurav

Rcom Employee Suicides & Many Sacked

I have heard some news that a reliance employee, a senior officer has comitted suicide on a railway track after his job was sacked.

Many in Reliance have lost their job which even includes some Circle Bussiness Heads & FA Leads. They were paid salary for 3 mnths laptop was taken off and were asked to resign.

About 6000 Employees are said to loose their jobs. All associate Group Employees, Agency staff has been asked to resign in phases before June 2009.

Has anyone heard of such things?

Is it true that company is cutting jobs at a large scale when GOVT is busy in buying VOTES.

The impact of recession has started to show in various sectors.but teleconf is among the fastest growing sector in india.but there also people are losing there jobs in thousands.this is quite unfortunate.

i read recently in newspaper that telecom comp revenue have inc ... then why are these people cutting jobs ? it seems they are taking benefit of recession to inc profit by cutting salaries or sacking empl.

such big corporates should have social responsibility also . even finance minister had said that better to reduce salaries then sack people

:D

Rcom doing good Job now atleast....

sacking might be true.. but may not in bulk like this coz these are all very big news for media..

Employees should be sacked,who dont do their job well.

^^^

i agree that and when reliance is considered most dont do well which is still a bad reputation...

I am not too sure about the authenticity of this news. such things dont get away un reported in a competitive world. rivals of RCOMM would have leaked this to media houses had such thing happened.

Its a rumor... Might be some some tele callers were sacked who are actually not working for reliance but outsourced.....

^^^

and those sacked guys would have initiated the rumour.. :)

i heard that 30-40 people in enterprise SBU [vertical] were laid off last month since revenues were down significantly

more are expected this month too

I have heard that suicide was committed by a Employee in Lucknow & he was one of the senior most executive in the Circle. Even some of the newspapers have reported it.

About 40 Employees in Delhi have also been forced to resign.

Really?? From Delhi too??

Even some of the newspapers have reported it.

which newspaper

Reliance Money to sack about 300 employees

Economic Times

27 Apr 2009, 2007 hrs IST

NEW DELHI: Anil Ambani Group firm Reliance Money on Monday said it is undertaking a performance monitoring exercise for its staff which could result in separation of about 300 employees due to their under-performance.

The company, however, brushed aside speculations about any massive layoffs terming the churn of about 10-15 per cent as a normal process in its businesses and also dismissed rumours about the resignation of its MD Sudip Bandyopadhyay.

Besides, the company said that it has even hired more than 500 persons in certain businesses in the recent months.

"The churn of under performers has to be carried out to keep the company trim and fit and the reduction of less performing staff by 10-15 per cent is the usual cut which we make in March-April period," Bandyopadhyay told reporters over telephone from Mumbai.

The total workforce of Reliance Money across all its verticals, including broking, money changing & money transfer and gold coins, is over 2,000 employees. On the basis of the total workforce size, there would be around 200-300 jobs cuts at present.

Great News....

one of my friend who is workig in reliance tech support, lost his job last week for checking personal mails during official hours.. they told him that "we were waiting for a chance to reduce man power and u gave it"..

^^^ Really, A person cant check his personal mails....

Ambani brothers are always in chance of saving money whatever is chance.

Here Global slowdown give them the best option for get rid off employees without getting boot from government or any one else.

They take resignation by threatening the person if you give then well'n good if not then we will make the case that you will be booted. So, if person resign himself then why newspapers go for truth behind it.

Have they purchased the media?

None of the media till date is reporting sacking by Reliance Communications.

I have heard that suicide was committed by a Employee in Lucknow & he was one of the senior most executive in the Circle. Even some of the newspapers have reported it.

Not true.. The employee who committed suicide is CTO of UP-W, this is what everyone talks about..

^^^ Really, A person cant check his personal mails....

The Intranet there doesn't allow this... In fact, most of the employees can't check their official mails too.... :giggle: