Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ravi_patent

Loop Telecom's Tamil Nadu, Orissa Launches Next Week

http://www.business-standard.com/india/new...xt-week/356561/

Despite its run-in with the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA), Mumbai-based GSM telecom service provider Loop Telecom will launch its services in the Tamil Nadu and Orissa circles by next week.

“To comply with the norms laid down by the government, we will launch with 10 per cent coverage in Tamil Nadu and Orissa,” said a senior executive.

“We will roll out in three other circles in South India within 10-15 days of our launch in the first two circles. We are not doing a large-scale commercial launch at this point in time. This is to meet regulatory requirements,” said the executive.

Loop Telecom, a subsidiary of Loop Mobile (formerly BPL Mobile Comm), is one of the eight new players given a mobile service licence. Last year, the company got the licence to start GSM operations in 21 telecom circles in the country. It has been allocated spectrum in 20 circles.

The licence says operators are required to cover at least 10 per cent of each district headquarters in a circle in the first year.

Loop recently contracted with Chinese network equipment vendor ZTE. With next week’s launch, the company will become the first new GSM operator to launch its services, in an already crowded market.

Besides the presence of incumbents like Airtel, Vodafone and Idea, the recent entry of CDMA major Reliance has brought a new wave of declining rates in the sector. Aircel also made its foray into the mainstream GSM space with the launch of operations in Delhi and Mumbai.

interesting to hear "10 per cent of each district headquarters in a circle " so if they need some customer with this 10% coverage then they will have to give cheapest and attractive tariffs and offers.. lets wait and see...

It is not 10 percent market share or subscriber share. Its only infrastructure being in place for 10 per cent of district head quarters with or without subscribers.

"without subscriber" !! so they might install one tower in all district headquaters..

They will do anything to get away with the mandate of licensing conditions. I think they have already admitted that its not a commercial launch but they are forced to launch otherwise the penalty looms large in their faces. They will get subscribers though as there are always many unsatisfied cell users.

BIG flop game, just 10% coverage - :(

when is launch date?

whenwill one week time will over for LOOP,

or it also got in it's Infinet LOOP of govt over stake issue?

any takers for LOOP??

Loop is a non issue among the new entrants. I somehow hate the Essars and this would be the last mobile connection I would consider even if they offer great "freebies"

i agree with vinayak pai..the launch was probably to evade penalty they would have to incur otherwise

even no update on loop website

Loop Telecom rolls out operations in Karnataka, Kerala

Economic Times

8 Jul 2009, 1759 hrs IST

NEW DELHI: Loop Telecom, in which Essar holds stake, on Wednesday announced the roll-out of its services in Karnataka and Kerala under the brand name 'Loop Mobile'.

The company had started its operations in Tamil Nadu and Orissa last month.

Loop Telecom is among the new telecom operators, which received licensees to operate across 21 circles by the Department of Telecommunication (DoT).

The company, as part of its pan-India roll-out, has achieved its plans of soft launch in five states that were scheduled for mid-June, Loop Telecom said in a statement.

"We are aggressive in pursuing our plans to expand presence across the country... Subsequently, we will roll out a wider range of network coverage and services and plans are in full swing for a commercial launch shortly," Loop Telecom Chief Executive Officer Sanjeev Chachondia said.

The company, which was earlier known as BPL Mobile, is also in talks with other telcos for infrastructure and bandwidth sharing. It has entered into roaming arrangements with other telecom operators to ensure network coverage across the country, it said.

Which parts have they launched and what plans do they have? I don't see any new network in manual scan.

BUSINESS STANDARD

Thursday, Jul 09, 2009

Loop Telecom starts Karnataka, Kerala services

BS Reporter / Mumbai July 8, 2009, 17:10 IST

Loop Telecom, a subsidiary of Loop Mobile (formerly BPL Mobile Communications) has rolled out its GSM services from Karnataka and Kerala, under the brand 'Loop Mobile’.

This follows its earlier launch of services in Tamil Nadu and Orissa.

“We are aggressive in pursuing our plans to expand presence across the country. We have successfully launched our services in Tamil Nadu and Orissa and now are present in Karnataka and Kerala too. The network is performing well and we have received an encouraging response from the select group of people testing the network,” Loop Telecom CEO Sanjeev Chachondia said in a release issued today.

“Subsequently, we will roll out a wider range of network coverage and services with the same momentum. Plans are in full swing for a commercial launch shortly,” he added.

Loop Telecom is among the new mobile service providers to have been awarded licensees, and subsequently spectrum, to operate across 21 circles.

The company is in advanced stages of talks with other service providers for infrastructure and bandwidth sharing, while it had signed agreements with ZTE, a leading technology provider, for its network infrastructure. Loop Telecom has also entered into roaming agreements with other telecom operators.

http://www.business-standard.com/india/new...rvices/67103/on

I wonder if they are actually preparing for a commercial launch any time soon. Because when i search for mobile networks manually, I dont see any new operators (other than Tata, RCOM and Aircel) in Karnataka.

Loop telecom today rolled out its GSM operation in kerala and Karnataka under the brand name Loop Mobile.In June loop telecom rolled out its operation in Tamilnadu and Orissa Loop Telecom is among the new mobile services companies to be awarded licenses to operate across 21 circles by DoT.

The company, as part of its Pan-India roll out has achieved its plans of soft launch in five states that were scheduled for mid June the sequence of circles launch is in sync with the sequence of the spectrum allocation.

Sanjeev Chachondia, CEO, Loop Telecom quoted, “We are aggressive in pursuing our plans to expand presence across the country we have successfully launched our services in Tamil Nadu and Orissa and now are present in Karnataka and Kerala too.The network is performing well and we have received an encouraging response from the select group of people testing the network. Subsequently, we will roll out a wider range of network coverage and services with the same momentum. Plans are in full swing for a commercial launch shortly.

Loop Telecom has also entered into roaming arrangements with other telecom operators, to ensure subscribers enjoy uncompromised network coverage across the country. Loop Telecom had recently given an order to ZTE, a leading technology provider, for its network infrastructure.

I wonder if they are actually preparing for a commercial launch any time soon. Because when i search for mobile networks manually, I dont see any new operators (other than Tata, RCOM and Aircel) in Karnataka.

what does LAUNCH means for loop telecom.

Does that mean only official anoouncment without network and without single subsciber???

^^ Even i was thinking in the same lines. Are these guys making a fool out of themselves?

"Launch" according to them means Soft launch. A soft launch is just to assure the government that the roll out obligations are being followed (10% coverage within a year from the date of issuance of spectrum). This will help them in avoiding paying a fine to the government.

"Launch" according to them means Soft launch. A soft launch is just to assure the government that the roll out obligations are being followed (10% coverage within a year from the date of issuance of spectrum). This will help them in avoiding paying a fine to the government.

I think, they are here to sell the SPECTRUM they got for themselves in :ph34r: BLACK ;) to other major operators who are suffering from network congestions due to waiting for SPECTRUM :o from government...????? Since NumberPortability :wub: is about to arrive, they will get good rates now...

Just a thought :rolleyes: ... Otherwise, what is the need to :angry: wait after been alloted spectrum and not even spending one paise in advertisment or getting :P subscribers??? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

what is the operator code for Loop Mobile in Tamil Nadu & chennai,

as idea cellular tamil nadu is 405 852 or ind 852