Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
worldcom123

Mpower Muzik New Cdma Samsung Mobile

I bought this phone from Thrissur yesterday for 5500.

The sound quality,range and battery good for a phone this price.

One thing i badly missed is the limited speed dial feature(only 9 keys,before i was using LG 6250,it has 99 locations)

Over all a good phone for this price.

Need to find out more in course of time.

I bought this handset from Lajpat nagar webworld, (New Delhi) @ Rs. 5750. The phone is a fantastic one. It could fulfill all my need.

1. Picture quality is far better from N70 or any nokia phone of same range.

2. Ringtone quality and loudness can be compared to Sony-erricsson

3. photo can be captured with resolution upto 1024 X 768 or 1280 X 960

3. whn i plug my apple ipod earphone with it, its really amazing.

I could discover some of drawbacks from it.

1. Not able to type more than 160 characters in text msg. It dont allow us to type any more whn 160 characters completes. when a LMS comes, its stored as part (like LG RD3000)

2.When i uploaded photos from my N70, it opens fine, but whn i do the same from digital camera, it says format doesnt support.

3. vey poor user interface in FM.

Will update more later on ...

Edited by sahoopramodkumar

This handset was available for Rs.5600 locally a week ago

Due to government's hike in tax from 4% to 12.5% on the mobile store charged Rs.5800 now.

After playing with the handset for a day a few observations on Reliance Network

- no data card with new handset

- signal strength is full inside the house whereas my previous handset nokia 6275 had half of the Samsung

- as mentioned by other owners sound quality is excellent with the included headphones

- jpg photos shot by Nokia 6275 failed to open in this handset even 150kb ones

- unable to transfer files from Win Explorer to data card in the PC Studio mode

- but able to transfer files from Win Explorer to data card in Mass Storage mode

- sms alert tone cannot be set beyond the 4 provided with the handset

- no delay setting in keypad lock function. but seems adequately fixed.

- usb charging

- R world through the WAP browser

- not tried this but games & apps can be downloaded from RWorld Mobile Shop

- ability to recognise phone number in sms for adding to phonebook

- upto 10 reject phone number list

- spam settings

Overall nice experience :rolleyes:

Edited by reliancenokia2007

Got this phone a week ago. Nice Phone.

Sound is very good both on speaker and on headset.

Good battery, with my heavy usage lasts upto 2 days.

Looks are moderate.

Camera is good for this price range.

Earlier in this topic somebody asked that photos from 6275 are not downloadable. I want to tell him that this phone only supports photos upto 1.3 MP and 6275 has 2 MP camera so the photos taken at more than 1.3 MP will not be seen in this phone so photos taken from 6275 at 1.3 MP or low will definately work on this handset. I have checked it ( I have a 6275 too )

Good Phone at Good Price

Best Buy

Is there some counterpart of this phone in GSM?

Okay I have installed a 2 GB microSD card in this mobile but whenever I try to copy some songs on it. It says unsupported format. Whenever I open the music player it opens with a message "supports mp3 upto 100" Anyone else also facing problems like this?

100 kbps bitrate problem solved... Download MP3 Quality modifier.exe from internet to reduce bit rate it will run from your SD card as well

Okay I have installed a 2 GB microSD card in this mobile but whenever I try to copy some songs on it. It says unsupported format. Whenever I open the music player it opens with a message "supports mp3 upto 100" Anyone else also facing problems like this?

I am also facing same issue.It cant open all songs and u have to go through "my files" to choose required folder.

Hi All,

I wanted to know if we can transfer the sms from mobile to pc using the pc studio provided.

If yes i am eager to buy this set.

Hi All,

I wanted to know if we can transfer the sms from mobile to pc using the pc studio provided.

Hi All,

yes u can using the sync feature

Anybody tried to use this phone as a modem ? If yes, how is the speed ?

can someone explain settings to synchronize this phone with PC studio ? I have tried lot of times and message shows error

One of the reasons I bought this mobile is that it can be used as a modem. It is mentioned in Reliance website that it supports NetConnect.

Are you sure it does not support?

Was hoping to find the netconnect software for this phone.

Anyone can please help in this regard ???

Thanks

This is my review for Samsung SCH-S379 CDMA handset.

Now for the SCH-S379:

Its a feature rich handset compared to the one's at the similar price range in the CDMA market. Important features or the Pro's of this handset are listed below:

a. Bluetooth

b. Expandable memory upto 2GB (Hot Swapable, not in Nokia CDMA handsets)

c. Excellent Colour display 1.9" 262K

d. USB charging

f. Mobile tracker.( I have tested this feature and it works fine)

g. 1.3 MP camera with a good picture quality and different modes which are missing in the Nokia handset.

h. Music player and FM

i. FM recording to the memory card.

j. Receive files through Bluetooth directly to Memory Card (not possible in Nokia 6275)

k. Select and transfer multiple files through bluetooth.(again not possible in Nokia 6275)

l. Indian calendar

m. Audio jack is the same which is available on the computers. So you do not need a dedicated headset. You can just purchase any from the local market. Try a Sony headset and the sound quality is excellent. It is also better with the original headset supplied in the box but not as good compared to Sony headset.

n. Comes with 1 GB memory card.

o. Video recording

p. And finally costs only Rs 6000/- for all the above mentioned features.

q. It supports RIM world

Now for the Cons:

a. This is what I hate the most. You can set the clock time. It takes by default from the Reliance network. I had the habit of running 15mins ahead of time. Unfortunately now I can't.

b. The NPS software is not as friendly as the Nokia PC suite. It has its own formats for backing up SMS and the Sync feature is too bad. It will duplicate the contacts and then tell you that the phone memory is full.

c. Music player can take only 100 files and not more than that. If you add new music files to the storage card that are not updated in the music player.

d. You cannot rename the profiles.

e. Not that good battery life i usually talk upto 5 hrs a day so need to charge the mobile continously eventhough the battery is 1000 mAh the battery indicator looses the power very soon but recommnded for average users this phone.

f.there r two times shown on the cell display cant disable any1

The cons aren't much currently but as and when I come across I will update..

Phone Price: Rs. 5,900/- from Alfha market in Irla, mumbai

Purchase Date: 10th Sept 2009.

• Like 1

@mailmenav. Is this your first CDMA phone? I have not come across a CDMA phone that allows you to change time.

Bought this fone for Uncle for 5750 from Alfa this weekend.

can we record calls also?

THANX FOR YOUR REVIEW.. I AM INTERESTED IN BUYING. But i want to load full of songs in 2GB.. anyway to load and use music player for that?

pls reply to k_malarks@yahoo.co.uk

thanx n regds

This is my review for Samsung SCH-S379 CDMA handset.

Now for the SCH-S379:

Its a feature rich handset compared to the one's at the similar price range in the CDMA market. Important features or the Pro's of this handset are listed below:

a. Bluetooth

b. Expandable memory upto 2GB (Hot Swapable, not in Nokia CDMA handsets)

c. Excellent Colour display 1.9" 262K

d. USB charging

f. Mobile tracker.( I have tested this feature and it works fine)

g. 1.3 MP camera with a good picture quality and different modes which are missing in the Nokia handset.

h. Music player and FM

j. Receive files through Bluetooth directly to Memory Card (not possible in Nokia 6275)

k. Select and transfer multiple files through bluetooth.(again not possible in Nokia 6275)

l. Indian calendar

m. Audio jack is the same which is available on the computers. So you do not need a dedicated headset. You can just purchase any from the local market. Try a Sony headset and the sound quality is excellent. It is also better with the original headset supplied in the box but not as good compared to Sony headset.

n. Comes with 1 GB memory card.

o. Video recording

p. And finally costs only Rs 6000/- for all the above mentioned features.

q. It supports RIM world

Now for the Cons:

a. This is what I hate the most. You can set the clock time. It takes by default from the Reliance network. I had the habit of running 15mins ahead of time. Unfortunately now I can't.

b. The NPS software is not as friendly as the Nokia PC suite. It has its own formats for backing up SMS and the Sync feature is too bad. It will duplicate the contacts and then tell you that the phone memory is full.

c. Music player can take only 100 files and not more than that. If you add new music files to the storage card that are not updated in the music player.

d. You cannot rename the profiles.

e. Not that good battery life i usually talk upto 5 hrs a day so need to charge the mobile continously eventhough the battery is 1000 mAh the battery indicator looses the power very soon but recommnded for average users this phone.

f.there r two times shown on the cell display cant disable any1

The cons aren't much currently but as and when I come across I will update..

Phone Price: Rs. 5,900/- from Alfha market in Irla, mumbai

Purchase Date: 10th Sept 2009.

Yes this is my first CDMA

and can any1 tell can we connect or use BLuetooth headset for this mobile have any1 tried becoz i tried and its not serchin for the blutooth headtset but bluthooth transfer is fine and good and can any1 tell how the battery is working as i talk 5 to 6 hrs a day i have regularly charge it

is this phone java enabled ?

What's the latest price of this phone?

you can install java games to this phones !