Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Himanshu Singh

All Local Calls@60 Paise For Rs.24/month

Idea has launched a tariff recharge of Rs24 which offers all local calls@60 paise per minute. It must be mentioned that this was earlier being offered at Rs.39 and then increased to Rs.51 and now reduced to Rs.24. Idea seems confused.

^^^

This must be in retaliation to RGSM's RC21 which offers r2r mobiles at 30ps, r2o at 60ps and r2std at 1 buck for 90 days. This seems to be the best offer by any operator at such a low price and to top it, they are giving full TT on 200, 300 & 500 recharges. Seems they want all CDMA customers to migrate to RGSM and hence they are neglecting CDMA totally. I feel 2 - 3 years down the line, RCOM will sell off CDMA like operators have done elsewhere in the world...

In Maharashtra Idea has launched a value Voucher of Rs. 60/- which offers the same tariff (all local calls @60p) for a period of 3 months

Edited by CUPIDON

I feel 2 - 3 years down the line, RCOM will sell off CDMA like operators have done elsewhere in the world...

What i have heard is that the optical connectivity for rgsm and rcdma is common, so how do they sell cdma infra alone ?? did u mean selling spectrum alone like tata-virgin ??

A sell off is impossible. Consider this, if they sell CDMA, then they will be losing the netconnect business which has an added advantage compared to the same service offered by the GSM subscribers.

Also, considering the past history of Reliance, they have never exited businesses completely unless forced by circumstances totally out of their control (eg. the plan to acquire L&T). Definetely, I agree that past history is history and there are possiblities that history maybe resripted or rewritten in totality. But this would be a point against he rumours.

If they were anytime keen to exit the CDMA business, they would not have introduced the Netconnect Broadband, which is a headache for the company considering the fact that COAI has approached the Govt against the launch of Tata's photon and Reliance's Netconnect Broadband.

Now, even though the company has an inclination towards their GSM subscribers, I am sure that over a period of time when MNP is implemented, both the technologies will offer very similar, in fact the same tariffs.

The main reason why such freebies are extended towards the GSM subscribers is that it is a newer network with a lot of inherrent problems. Even though the company claims it to be a congestion free network, it has problems like the network dissapearing all of a sudded never to return for hours together. SO they want to keep the subscribers happy by offering a lower tariff. I also feel sad sometimes when seeing some of the offers like the STD sms offer in GSM, but I would say that the right time to reach a final decision regarding quitting CDMA (from a consumers point of view) should be taken by the consumer only after the implementation of MNP.

In the rarest of rare cases, even if Reliance quits CDMA space, then definitely we have other options like TATA CDMA and also MTS, which are reputed brands as well. So if u r concerned about CDMA being ditched in India, I must say there is not problem in this regard at all, and all is well.

What if Tata also does the same with its cdma customers after launching gsm?

cdma is a technology well ahead of its time for the indians bcoz of its data capabilities.though at present rcom and tata are trying to move to gsm , cdma's capability

to serve data needs at some point in this country will see to it that it is not dead. if tata and rel are quitting cdma there will be definitely US operators trying to enter that space

and at no cost quallcomm will allow the demise of cdma in india. afterall sometime back when anil was protesting against the comparitively higher royalties payable in india compared to china ,quallcomm's share price in Us took a severe beating

they won't else they have to give up the cdma spectrum. spectrum is a valuable resource we all know ;)

^^^

If RCOM gets a good price, why not sell off CDMA? In any case, spectrum can be always bought by greasing the babus and the mantris like they have done it so many times in the past.

As for dats, already the COAI operators are getting ready to launch 3G data cards just like TATA and RCOM has done without voice and sms. Ofcourse the scarcity of spectrum and resultant network congestion will definitely affect the performance of the data cards. But then even RCOM data cards are not so good in speeds. They claim 3.1mbps but in my place at a demo, they could not even pass 1mbps speeds. Anyway, its a different matter altogether...

how can they Exist CDMA ...

They have just one common license....

CDMA is far more efficient technology....Where as GSM player like Bharti is using 15Mhz of Spectrum Reliance CDMA uses just 4.4 Mhz...huge cost benefit....

also Data capability af GSM is no way comparable to that of CDMA

GSM freebee is just Bcoz the Network is New and they r trying to catch the No1 Position as soon as possible...