Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kshah

Nokia N97 With Touch Screen, Qwerty Kb

Please have a look at http://blogs.nokia.com/nseries/index.php/2...comment-page-1/

Its Symbian with QWERTY KB, touch screen and 32 GB onboard memory

Only thing I did not liked is 128 MB RAM.

SYMBIAN was missing on these two aspects only, i.e. touch screen and QWERTY KB.

^^^

this has been posted on rimweb the day it was announced .

also symbian os doesnt require ram more than 128mb ..

symbian has much better memory management than windows

this can be seen by fact that on s60v3 phones with 128mb ram u can have almost all apps open still u will have plenty of ram left ...so u arent goin to see more than 128mb ram anytime soon on symbian

the only thing in n97 is that the arm core is clocked at 400mhz as compared to 369mhz of most devices released recently .

n97 is already avaiable for pre ordering on nokia US official site for around 600 $.

also it will be featuring nokia ovi store and features like kinetic scrolling .

for me Symbian and touch doesn't go smoothly......

as symbian been developed from their very first Smart phone 7650 , when touch wasn't in sight in mobile phones.....

so they shud come up with some different OS for their touch phones atleast.....

like we see more user friendly and better UI and lite OS like webOS and Android.... they are the future...

Lite OS are future as heavy OS need heavy RAM and so heavy battery.... keeping powerfull battery in power hungty devices/OS is not practical as of yet.... unless we have better batteries like the one SANYO is working on with Nu-CLear tech... which get recharges in flat 90 seconds.......

Its my opinion......

symbian has been tweaked for touch

s60v5 is much better than previuos touch phones and it is still under development .

very soon u will see s60v5 phones with capacitative screens ....one of them been samsung omnia HD which will be released in june/july .

also gone are the days of s60v2 and s60v3 when symbian was resource hungry os

with new feature packs symbian has been redefined ...its has much better ram management and battery optimisations ....this is all from my personal experience of using symbian phones side by side with palm /windows /android .

the new symbian foundation os will also be like web os ..

Though E71 was my first symbian access ever, I must say its very stable, fast and reliable os. Only thing missing was touch screen. Even S60V5 has good touch flow. OS wise, its much better than WM, MAC OS and Plam. I don't know about new palm os.

In E71 available RAM is 72 MB, however system never uses more than 40MB even when you are using resources hungry apps like office, browser, media player and total 10 apps.

I will surely prefer to give symbian V5 TRY over any other OS.

In E71 available RAM is 72 MB

in n series devices like n95 8gb and n82 with demand paging avialable ram on boot up was 90mb ...also even in e90 they had implemented demand paging with firmware 12 ..

on my n95 8gb even with all applications open ( i literally mean each and every app open and running in background) i had 40 mb of ram still left ( though 5 -6 mb of phone memory used to consumed due to demand paging ) .....this pretty much explains why u dont need more ram in symbian

With demand paging even the legendary N95 became a lot faster and can handle a lot of applications simultaneously. Give S60V5 a few months and it would be hard to beat.

Arrtie arrite guys...... i think i have to have a serious look on symbian again... never used it after my 6630 got conked.... even thoguh i have this E51 and N79 with me right now but i hardly use them.....

I remember my bro yelling on me, when i use to spend all my free time on my 6630 playing Sky forces Reloaded and listening to music same time...