Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cosmic_crift

Phone Damaged - Lg Rd2030

I'm under the DAPO post-paid plan. And i have an LG-RD2030 handset.

Recently, I dropped the phone in water, and of course the phone is damaged. When given for repair/replacement, apparently they say the cost of a new handset is Rs.10,500. Generally, Insurance takes care of Rs.7000, which leaves me with Rs.3500 to pay. Unfortunately, they said this is a case of "deliberate misuse" and hence insurance is not applicable in my case! So for a new handset i would have to pay Rs.10,500! Repair is going to cost Rs.5000 to replace the PCB.

Now Outright Payments for handsets are listed as Rs.2999 for the LG-RD2030 on the Relianceinfocomm website, so why do I have to pay Rs.10K for the same instrument?? Cant I simply buy the new instrument and have it programmed with my old number?

Any ideas about what I should do?

Thanks for any info.

I'm under the DAPO post-paid plan. And i have an LG-RD2030 handset.

Recently, I dropped the phone in water, and of course the phone is damaged. When given for repair/replacement, apparently they say the cost of a new handset is Rs.10,500. Generally, Insurance takes care of Rs.7000, which leaves me with Rs.3500 to pay. Unfortunately, they said this is a case of "deliberate misuse" and hence insurance is not applicable in my case! So for a new handset i would have to pay Rs.10,500! Repair is going to cost Rs.5000 to replace the PCB.

Now Outright Payments for handsets are listed as Rs.2999 for the LG-RD2030 on the Relianceinfocomm website, so why do I have to pay Rs.10K for the same instrument?? Cant I simply buy the new instrument and have it programmed with my old number?

Any ideas about what I should do?

Thanks for any info.

14724[/snapback]

Buy a new handset (maybe the color upgrade option) and ask them to put the new no. on your old handset

option2, loose your handset and claim a new one paying 3k.

Thanks for replying. So are they right in asking for 10K, when the phone is now only 3K?

1. If I buy a new handset, wouldn't I need a new plan too? What use would the new plan on the old non-working handset be?

If I were to quote my existing plan, and ask for a new handset.. would they ask me to return my old handset? I should think it would be required only if you wanted a discount or something.

2. "Lose the handset" sounds a bit too illegal for my liking. Any tips on that?

2. "Lose the handset" sounds a bit too illegal for my liking. Any tips on that?

14728[/snapback]

Simply go to the WW saying tht u lost the Handset, and file an FIR for the same. Keep the phone tightly locked in ur tijori :P

All this coz, If they can act weird by asking 10K for something which is 3K now, then u too can get real weird!

Have you ever written to the RIL Customer Care through the web? Have you ever got in touch with the Chairman's Office through web?

Have you ever written to the RIL Customer Care through the web? Have you ever got in touch with the Chairman's Office through web?

15153[/snapback]

No, You cant map ur old DAPO plan on ur new h/s if u simply report Lost. U need 2 pay 3500/- then only ur old plan can be linked.

Else buy a new one and get a new plan also. DAPO is no longer available 4 new customers.