Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sadikk

Mvno.... What All It Takes?

Just in my wildest dream i am looking to start CDMA based MVNO in india or if possible only in mumbai & delhi... ( atleast i can provide better handsets) :D

for now just looking for ideas of how much to invest, License, Infrastructure, HR, Business model and most important possible growth...

U call it dream i call it my passion....

anyone to support my lil wild idea?

I support ur idea..But i guess we need an investement interms of crores...

But...CDMA itself is a flop stuff..and MVNO in CDMA will be a super duper flop...

MVNO in GSM with new operators is a much much much better idea than MVNO in CDMA..

In MVNO business all u need is little brand power, good bargain from ur infra providers....

Imagine.... I give HTC MOGUL for 20000 with 10000 free all india off net talktime :D

People are hesitant to invest heavy money in CDMA handsets...Just take an example of Virgin Mobile India..even with amazing brands and big time promotion...it coudnot get many subscribers. Only reason behind this is bcoz it runs on CDMA network..

^^^

good thinking.. this is the way a business starts.. :)

Do u think theres better handset thn mogul even in GSM in that price....

I understand people are bored with CDMA handsets and thats the very reason i am surviving in my business ( I am providing them good handsets in reasonable prices)

Imagine touch pro which IDEA is selling for 35k.... we sell it for 24k with 10000 minutes offnet calls to all india...

@shashank

the locked handsets one normally gets in cdma probably be the biggest hurdle in cdma.

But think about the numbers. How many are will be purchasing a handset Rs.20,000,that too in CDMA? The number will be VERY VERY less which again depends on your marketing.

Also the consumers buying such an expensive mobile will not like to change their number.Though this problem might be eradicated with the introduction of MNP.

Edited by shashank

^^^

Shashank, you and me do not know the quantum of mobiles sold by sadikk, hence he definitely is better placed to know the market for these high end phones. As a businessman, I also tend to agree with you that a GSM-MVNO will far outsell a CDMA-MVNO anyday. One more thing is the users of these high end phones may travel outside the country and hence they may prefer to have GSM mobiles instead of CDMA. But here again, Sadikk has the BB 8830 which gives the best of both the worlds. So I think Sadikk may have hit the right nail now.

@Sadikk,

Great !dea or dream or reality!!!! Do not let go of this !dea, pursue it till you succeed.

Dear Sadikk.. I think u have knocked the Right door,

As u r selling handset, then u must grow in ur biz, and MVNO and MNP are giving u opportunity to start ur own biz.

Initally u Must visit one Analyst or Consulatant in Telecom field, He will guide u how to START Biz and RUN it.

He must know about some solution which u can't imagine of it.

AND I THINK MVNO is desined for such target subsciber only.

First step is decide whether ur parent company will be RCOM or TATA or MTNL or MTS.

Get Negotiation quote, Invest small amt in CAPEX

Start convering ur existing h/s customer to MVNO company, then provide good support,

Good support gives u Mouth publicity.

Then go for BRAND image, brand expansion.

U will need Good people working for u at each satge.

About Funding, u can apporch TO VENTURE capitalist.

MY WISH ARE ALWAY WITH U.

MVNO is certainly a good concept but unfortunately indian service providers and customers are not behaving responsibly. Operators wants all money to them selves and consumers do not want to go for little unknown brand even if its cheap.

CDMA MVNO should be more successful than GSM principally, due to handset policies. Same policies if extended to MVNO then it may not succeed.

Talk to operators, send them mails repeatedly they may reply you.

Keep thinking and trying success is always there,

Dude ..which will be preferred operator for this ..... & its a very good idea ..just needs to transform into reality ..And one more thing will the operator will be ready for this . ???. .because if you sell same BB at 14,000/- which they are selling at 27,000/- so will not there margin will be hitted ??? just a thought came in mind ....

Importing handsets and unlocking for indian network, is it legally ok when u do this business as a service provider ?

Edited by savramesh

^^^

Yes, as long as ESN is same as it was on equipment.

which will never be the case if u using it on reliance

which will never be the case if u using it on reliance

u mean that esn will change once it unlock and use on reliance network. amd what if use on tata network

Sadikk bahi ..just thought of sharing the news got from the net (orkut ) :) ..............

Future Group to foray into mobile services

Kishore Biyani led Future Group is planning to foray into MVNO space and is planning the launch by next year. To start off, Future group will function as franchise operator and will move on as MNVO, when the rules are relaxed.

The government seems to be open to allowing MVNOs, so we will start as a franchisee and when the rules permit, we will be an MVNO [KB, source]

Even though India doesn’t allow MVNOs, lack of clear definition does allow franchise operators, without being labeled as a MVNO.

For instance, Virgin Mobile is not considered a MVNO and as per TRAI’s definition of MVNO:

MVNO licensee is an entity that does not have an assignment of spectrum for access services (2G/3G/BWA) but can provide wireless (mobile) access services to customers by sharing the spectrum of the access provider