Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
chandanbs

Broadband+ : What Does Credit Limit Mean?

Hi all,

I have few questions that were not answered by Reliance Broadband+ Customer Care.

1. I have a 1099/- per month, citywide plan of 10 GB cap for download/upload limit (24 hours for the entire month).

As you already aware, the billing cycle is from 8th to 7th of subsequent months. The bill gets generated after 7th for the previous month. That was what happened to me on my first month. For the first month, i had crossed the data limit and had to pay a hefty fee not knowing completely the actual billing cycle and prorata calculation.

My issue: i used around 9.6 GB (9812 MB) out of my 10 GB cap for the complete month (May 2009) and on 8th my connection gets deactivated. Why would that be as i haven't crossed the limit?

2. The Customer Care person tells me that i have crossed my credit limit of 1900. What does that mean? how this number is actually affecting my usage?

3. This time i dont see my bill getting generated for the May 2009. last time i paid through online and the moment i paid, the connection got activated. This time, i have not even received my bill and they have cut my connection. There is not even a sms or email stating what is the status of my bill and any penalties....

4. just on 6th of june, i received a call from Customer Care, they said they are foregoing my extra-download fee (of around 5000 Rs for 2500 MB of data) since i am a first time user and they said they have a better plan of 1299/- per month (that is 200 Rs extra topup for another 10 GB topup which is for the night time between 10 pm to 6 am), i agreed for the same upgradation. After this my account got deactivated.

I'm somehow in a state of confusion. Reliance Webworld is quite far from where i live and i dont even know how to pay the bill online now. :-((.

Can someone answer my questions please?

This connection is looking like a Dr Jekyll Mr Hide for me :-).

Thanks in advance.

For data based plans Reliance has assigned a Credit Limit amount which is just higher than your monthly commitment. They have set a low Credit Limit amount so that you would know when you exceed your data limit usage and avoid huge bills for additional data usage. Many new users won't realize that they have exceeded their usage and would go on using until their see an inflated bill.

They are very thoughtful, but then they should also show the same by sending emails on crossing the limits. As in bb+, there is no voice and sms option... They take 1 step forward and take 10 steps back.... are they in the ice age era?

These cc jerks at rcom are screwing up customers like this and will one day spell the doom of rcom. Hope they rectify this as early as possible. Or else nothing can save rcom....

there may have been serious error

you can talk with customer care

and please give them your mail id they would send u the bill b mail also..

I have seen many cases in consumercomplaints forum regarding netconnect broadband billing. Some one received 10k extra in bill! I'm really scared now to take this connection! because i know customer care will do nothing for this.

Edited by deadman

i guess the billing cycle issue is been solved as per what amitjain told me

The answer is very very simple, FRAUD! Yes I repeat credit limit means FRAUD! They will first give you a good credit limit and will show the false broadband usage as shown to you which was 9.6 GB but actually it is recorded more than the 10 gb limit say around 12 gb or more. Then suddenly your IC gets disconnected, and when you ask them why it is disconnecte they wll inform you that you used 2.5 GB more and pay Rs.5000/- extra (yes with service tax its Rs.5500/-)

You are left no choice but either pay it or disconnect it, they have already made money by selling DATACARD at four times more cost than its actual cost.

ANY DATA LIMITED INTERNET CONNECTION WITH POSTPAID PLAN IS NOTHING BUT A FRAUD.

Better change it to smaller PREPAID plans and control the cost. PREPAID PLANS are bit costly but at least no chance of CHEATING. Connection stops when limit is over, thats safer than getting unexpected huge bills.

I like many of reliance services and its speed and service, but I hate it for billing hassles.

IN MY OPINION, THESE DAYS NO COMPANY CAN SURVIVE IN MARKET WITHOUT CHEATING, COZ PEOPLE AT HIGHER POSTS DO NOTHING IN THIER CABIN BUT DRAW SALARY IN SEVERAL LAKHS IN MONTH. THEY DO VERY LITTLE WORK FOR THE SALARY THEY ARE PAID. JUST CHECK YOUR BOSS FIRST. :grin:

I AM STILL WAITING FOR TRUE UNLIMITED PLAN WHICH COULD BE SLOWER SAY 750kbps. Right now 3.6mbps limited postpaid plan bill is like unexpected heart attack which can attack anytime :grin:

The answer is very very simple, FRAUD! Yes I repeat credit limit means FRAUD! They will first give you a good credit limit and will show the false broadband usage as shown to you which was 9.6 GB but actually it is recorded more than the 10 gb limit say around 12 gb or more. Then suddenly your IC gets disconnected, and when you ask them why it is disconnecte they wll inform you that you used 2.5 GB more and pay Rs.5000/- extra (yes with service tax its Rs.5500/-)

You are left no choice but either pay it or disconnect it, they have already made money by selling DATACARD at four times more cost than its actual cost.

Better change it to smaller PREPAID plans and control the cost. PREPAID PLANS are bit costly but at least no chance of CHEATING. Connection stops when limit is over, thats safer than getting unexpected huge bills.

I like many of reliance services and its speed and service, but I hate it for billing hassles.

IN MY OPINION, THESE DAYS NO COMPANY CAN SURVIVE IN MARKET WITHOUT CHEATING, COZ PEOPLE AT HIGHER POSTS DO NOTHING IN THIER CABIN BUT DRAW SALARY IN SEVERAL LAKHS IN MONTH. THEY DO VERY LITTLE WORK FOR THE SALARY THEY ARE PAID. JUST CHECK YOUR BOSS FIRST. :grin:

I AM STILL WAITING FOR TRUE UNLIMITED PLAN WHICH COULD BE SLOWER SAY 750kbps. Right now 3.6mbps limited postpaid plan bill is like unexpected heart attack which can attack anytime :grin:

I think the usage whch u saw 9.6gb may be of previous day or day b4 that.

When they came to know tht u made 2gb extra, so they disconnect connection after two day. use postpaid with proper planning to save urself from huge bill.

If u want unlimited then go for BSNL EVDO Rs650/mnth with roaming facility to all over india.

Right now 3.6mbps limited postpaid plan bill is like unexpected heart attack which can attack anytime :grin:

My dear friend, its good that I had read your post. I was just going to subscribe for postpaid plan but after reading your post I will go for Prepaid plan only.... :)

You know I'm already over 60 now.... !

Recently I had survived a Heart Attack......Doctors had already suggested me the By-Pass Surgery.

I'm writing this post right from the Hospital Bed..... !

Agar Postpaid le liya toh abhi ke abhi he By-pass surgery karvani padh jayegi..... :D

Ram He Rakhey !

Very true.. C Mahendra.

Their Billing is really nothing but 'Fraud'.

If the GUI counter says 900 MB at the end of the Cycle, the bill says 1.5 GB !

^^^

Hmmmm......its a huge difference my dear friend. 600 MB differenc in the final bill from the actual GUI Counter is really huge.

Yeh Reliance ke COUNTER mein kuch LOCHA hai ya neeyat kharab hai ? :D

Shiv Shambhu Shiv Shambhu !

i had the OPPOSITE problem:

my NC+ BB was NOT disconnected when it crossed my credit limit!

the limit is 1,700/= and my bill was for over rs. 5 k!

that's almost 3x my limit

i was furious since they are supposed to freeze/suspend the connection until interim payment is made

what's the point of a limit if no notification is given via SMS/email when its exceeded?

the CSR/CC rep sheepishly said that i was a 'good customer'!

WTF?!

you are screwed if you are a good or 'bad' customer!!

i wanted to be a BAD customer instead...

There is also NO prepaid option when i asked at RCO/WW for BB+ yet

does anyone have HSD in prepaid in mumbai?

not to be confused with 1x prepaid...

:angry:

I always get a call from Customer care if i have crossed my credit limit (Even by Rs-1),

also if i did not pay, they will stop my connection same day/hr.

same applies for my mobile plan.

So till date i haven't face any issues with credit limit.

^^^ Wow.. they call for CL breach !

Welcome move again.. Hope youre mentioning about HSD cards.