Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Premson

Broadband+ And Windows Mobile 6

Hi Guys,

Its been almost 2 weeks since I've been relishing every byte of Broadband+ and truly believe its one of the greatest wireless solution we have in India as of date. I want to write lots about its speed, stable connection for over hours together etc, but I presume this has been discussed so much in the forum that I'll skip to something more interesting which I felt could really change the meaning of being true Wireless.

With Broadband+ we ought to use either a Laptop / PC to get connected. Now I have a PDA (O2 XDA Orbit) which runs on Windows Mobile 6 (WM6). This Sunday I really wanted to check something online, and I just had my phone with me. Now the Huwaei EC168C is very a cute gadget, I could carry along. But in order for it to work, I presume we need a WM6 compatible software version of the Huwaei modem.

Now coming to the point of this post (sorry guys for dragging so much):

- Is it possible for Reliance to ship a WM6 compatible version of the modem ?

- Will all Windows Mobile 5 or 6 versions based phones, recognize the modem and get connected ?

- Any limitations or road blocks we see here which could stop us from using our phone as our PC ?

I know people who are gonna say, we have GPRS, EDGE etc, but guys, seriously .. they are expensive & slow.

Just imagine guys, high speed broadband from your phone..... gives me goosebumps :-)

Cheers

Premson.

Did a small experiment by connecting my EC168C to my PDA, then realized that my PDA wont source power to the modem like Laptops and Desktops do. So first possibility of whether we can use the modem to connect to PDA is ruled out !!

Did another test, where 5V source was given to the modem by means of a USB hub and then connected my PDA to the USB hub. The modem was now blinking but my PDA wont detect it. Okie, now you may ask how am I try to do that. There is software called iPass used for WiFi, the closet i found which could dial out to modem, if detected.

For connection via WM6, I came across this site which seemed to dial out connections to ISP.

http://www.worldwidedialup.net/downloads.php

anyways it didn't work !

Phew!!

I think there are some hardware limitations here, but love to see some experiments done in this front.

Cheers

Premson.

Did a small experiment by connecting my EC168C to my PDA, then realized that my PDA wont source power to the modem like Laptops and Desktops do. So first possibility of whether we can use the modem to connect to PDA is ruled out !!

Did another test, where 5V source was given to the modem by means of a USB hub and then connected my PDA to the USB hub. The modem was now blinking but my PDA wont detect it. Okie, now you may ask how am I try to do that. There is software called iPass used for WiFi, the closet i found which could dial out to modem, if detected.

For connection via WM6, I came across this site which seemed to dial out connections to ISP.

http://www.worldwidedialup.net/downloads.php

anyways it didn't work !

I think there are some hardware limitations here, but love to see some experiments done in this front.

instead of putting your expensive pda's on stake and doing doubtful experiments, which may burn the pda from inside, why dont you people wait a little more for reliance and other operators to introduce 3g directly on 3g enabled mobiles with same existing uim cards or simcards of gsm?

one advertisement of 3g ready internet is already out by reliance so very soon they will launch the same on cdma mobiles too. the advertisement of hrithik roshan showing cricket on live television feed to a small kid, says 'india's 3g ready network'

so people trust me almost all operators will now provide 3g internet and mobile services very soon on our existing numbers...... take chill pill and wait few days more and be ready for surprise.... :grin:

Edited by cmahendra

take chill pill and wait few days more
Few Years not Few days.....

take chill pill and wait few days more
Few Years not Few days.....

surely reliance wants the sme sector to target for this netconnect broadband+ (aks 3G) with usb device option and after the hype is over, this feature is surely will be available on 3G ready cdma mobile phones. people already are having cdma phones. i myself have Samsung GSM / CDMA W299 dual sim phone and i am waiting for 3g plans which they will release very soon and i am thinking positive about it. there is no reason why they wont release it sooner and surely not 'YEARS' as you mentioned. I mean technically there is no barrier/reason why they wont introduce it. Anwyays lets hope for the best dude. Why you are so dejected by reliance?

Have you seen Hrithiks advertisement saying RELIANCE INDIAS 3G READY MOBILE? That ad surely is not for USB device. better you checkout that ad first before you put your further opinion....

Edited by cmahendra

better you checkout that ad first before you put your further opinion....

You should check the Advertisement First :)

Hrithik is advertising GSM 3G Ready Network

this feature is surely will be available on 3G ready cdma mobile phones

Not upcoming 3G CDMA Network

In Mobile Phones in RCom, 3G will be available in GSM only not CDMA.

better you checkout that ad first before you put your further opinion....

You should check the Advertisement First :)

Hrithik is advertising GSM 3G Ready Network

this feature is surely will be available on 3G ready cdma mobile phones

Not upcoming 3G CDMA Network

In Mobile Phones in RCom, 3G will be available in GSM only not CDMA.

in advertisement they have shown T20 streaming live video in R-world that surely means a lot. if you visit this page this feature is available in both cdma and gsm http://www.rworld.co.in/RMWorld/cricketnmo..._streaming.html

if 3g features are already coming to consumers step by step, why you are so under-estimating them?... i repeat be positive dude.

this may not be related but just for reference putting this link for all >>>

Edited by cmahendra

I'm sure their cdma is also EVDO ready, but giving is the issue.

I'm sure their cdma is also EVDO ready, but giving is the issue.

Thats what I am saying. CDMA is surely EVDO ready. Firstly Reliance wants to mint some money from SMEs (Small and Medium Enterprises) or medium level companies who want Fast internet on thier Laptop for business purpose and offering only USB Data Cards. After some time they will have to give it to retail consumers or home users. Right now only Reliance and Tata are offering 3G and they are going HAND-IN-HAND with plans and not interested in competition. You see thier plans are copied from each other and they leave same choice with same plans and same speed even same devices.

Once GSM sector declares the 3G internet plans which is expected in next few months, they will suddenly introduce 3G plans for 3G ready CDMA mobile phones, with more cheaper plans. This has also happened in past for many such new services. Competition always benefitted to consumers. Let us see GSM sector competes with Reliance and TATA or they also join hands with them offering same plans or not.... that will be interesting to see.... lets hope for the best.....UMMEED PE DUNIYA KAAYAM HAI...dosto