Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Build A Full Fledge Core2duo Windows 7 Pc For Sub 25k

which CD burner to use? I am unable to use Infra (Free burner) Nero 7 I am not using as it has DVD burning problems. I am stuck

u can also install windows 7 from a pendrive its fast and easy.  instructions are here

^

A simpler solution has been posted in post. no. 29, which I have tested personally... although both achieve the same purpose...

My Desktop Screenshot,

No WaterMark of Windows Evaluation Copy :D

post-7354-1246127712_thumb.jpg

^^^

how come no water mark of evaluation copy ? all are having that expect you..

Performance Update:

Going Great, No more Crashes, Stability has improved a lot after a plethora of Microsoft Updates it downloaded last week..... No thinking of going back to XP now...

Connects to Windows Mobile Device Centre seamlessly on my Mogul...

Windows 7 Release Candidate

Notice: Downloads will end August 20

Thanks for all your help building Windows 7. We are on our way to the last big milestone: Release to Manufacturing. Starting on October 22, you’ll see it on PCs and store shelves. As we gear up for that, it’s time to wind down the Release Candidate testing program.

If you or a friend needs a download, you’ve got time. We’ll continue to offer the RC download until August 20, 2009. After that, you won’t be able to get the download, but if you have the bits, you can still install the RC and get a key if you need one. (To get a key, just go to the Downloads page and follow the instructions.)

Tell us what you think. If you’re using the Windows 7 Release Candidate, we hope you like what you see. Let us know -- go to http://input.microsoft.com and tell us what you think. You’ll be able to give feedback on various aspects of the operating system.

Got the RC and need help? Experts on the Windows 7 Forum can help answer your questions. The forum also gives you a way to share what you’ve learned with other people.

Essential resources

-

The Installation Instructions give you the info you need to get started.

-

To get more information about Windows 7, such as feature descriptions, visit the Windows 7 website.

-

Looking for technical help or information? Here are a few sources:

-

The Windows 7 online forums are a great place to start.

-

You can keep up to date on news about Windows 7 on the team blog.

-

To get more general information on Windows, make sure you’re subscribed to the Exploring Windows newsletter.

Thanks again for your investment in Windows 7.

The Windows 7 Team

My dear friends, finally I installed Windows 7 RC1 on my PC.

Its working great....... :)

Only one crash from the last 10 days and that too while playing Vice City (GTA) game.

It gave me problem to install my HP Laserjet 1010 Series printer in the starting. Even my printer doesn't worked with Compatibility mode. Then I downloaded a utility from HP website, which detects your printer and install the drivers. After that only I was able to use my HP Laserjet 1010 series printer with windows 7.

My HP Inkjet F4185 was automatically detected and installed immediately.

Now, there's only one problem.....My Pinnacle TV Tuner Card is giving some problems......It gives Video output but Audio is not there.....I'm getting desperate for this......tried different settings but unable to get the Audio from my TV Tuner Card. :(

In all its great.

Thanks to Dhiraj brother and all other mates here for your feedback and support. :)

Cheers !

• Like 1

^

Nice to see u back, Kamal... BTW tum 60 saal ke kab se ho gaye, and my best wishes for a speedy recovery for ur heart attack... lol

Try using vista drivers for Pinnacle TV Tuner card or post a query on their website; they will definitely solve ur problem...

Update:

I faced one problem while filing my monthly VAT Return Online (e-return), as the software provided by the Sales Tax Deptt. (http://comtax.up.nic.in/) is only XP compliant and does not work even on Vista; It doesnt zip files in W7 whereas it does so in XP; so its basically a software related problem; aur pata nahin ye Sales Tax wale vista version kab nikalenge...

Can anyone guide me how to put the Cut, Copy, Paste etc. buttons on the Standard toolbar as was possible in XP; somehow I am not able to find any solution to put those buttons there in Windows 7 and it is very cumbersome to either use the right click or the edit menu to do these jobs...

Try using vista drivers for Pinnacle TV Tuner card or post a query on their website; they will definitely solve ur problem...

Dhiraj Bhai....Pinnacle is not providing support anymore for TV Tuner Cards as they had sold their TV Tuner Unit to some Hauppage Inc.

So, unable to find drivers for Vista.

Nice to see u back, Kamal... BTW tum 60 saal ke kab se ho gaye, and my best wishes for a speedy recovery for ur heart attack... lol

Sir ji, sirf Heart Attack ki recovery ke liye he nahi......aur bhi kayee bimaariyon ke theek hone ki duva karo......

I suffer from many Ailments like KIDNEY DIS-FUNCTION.

Ab kya bataun dost......ek he kidney pe jinda hoon......bechari jaise he kaam karna bandd kar degi.....toh mein bhagwaan ko pyara ho jaunga. :(

Ab toh meri jindagi bhagwan bharose he hai !

Shiv Shambhu, Shiv Shambhu !

^

very sorry to hear that... my best wishes for a speedy recovery...

• Like 2

@kamal

I am very sorry to hear. Please take care. I dont know what caused all your problems, but there is one very famous kidney hospital in Nadiad (60 Kms from Ahmedbad) If you want you may come down to ahmedabad, I will take you there.

One another advise, if your health permits and doctors allows, do YOG and PRANAYAM. It has miraculous heeling powers. It takes long, may be 2-3 years. But you can certainly lead next to normal life. However it depends on reasons of problems. In certain cases it do not work as reasons are different.

• Like 2

@kamal,

Sorry to note from your post about your ailment. Wish you a speedy recovery.

I somehow also wish and pray GOD that you were only kidding Dhiraj about the above.

• Like 1

^^^

@Dhiraj, Kalpak and Kumaar Bhai.

Thanks for your kind wishes and prayers.

Bass ab toh aap he doston ki duva ka sahara hai.....! :)

By the way...... +1 to all you for your wishes. :)

One more thing which I forget to mention earlier in my post about the Compatibility Problem.

After the installation of Windows 7 RC1, I was stuck with the Display Resolution problem with my 22" Viewsonic LCD Monitor. My 22" Monitor needs a resolution of atleast 1650 x 1050 and Windows 7 was just showing the maximum of 1440 x 1050 which was making the Display ugly.

I had tried installing the latest drivers from Viewsonic but in vain.

But immediately after the first ONLINE WINDOWS UPDATE my Resolution Problem was fixed. :)

@honest

Dekho Kamal Bhai, Yeh sab good wishes to theek hai.. aur ho sakta aapko aur forum members ko mera yeh comment thoda insensitive lage, par Stop Crying Like a cry baby... If God has given you Kidney Failure, face it like a man... If he gives you a Heart Attack, suffer it with full vigour... Life is too short to ask Bhole Shankar for shortcuts... Aur vaise bhi aajkal ki insensitive duniya me jyada jee kar kya karna hai... so jitni zindagi bachi hai, haste haste jiyo...

Edited by dkaile

^^^

Dhiraj Brother......aap bilkul thik keh rahe ho......roney-dhone mein kuch nahi rakha hai.

Bhagwan jo bhi merey saath karega.....acha he karega.

Hanste Hanste Kat Jaayein Rastey, Zindagi Yu He Chalti Rahey !

Khushi Mile Ya Gamm, Badlengey Na Hum, Duniya Chahe Badalti Rahe !! :)

Which will be the best DDR3 RAM supporting motherboard compatible with Windows 7.

Now Enterprise Trial of Windows 7 is available for 90 days. Its a full version.

Edited by Saurav

U should go for renowned brand like INTEL original... any of their G series ones... according to ur budget; there may be similar offerings in Asus also, which i think is a very good deal...but I thin k the Asus made for India model that I have mentioned in the first post gives u a very good choice and price, even though it may be support ddr2 and not ddr3...

Edited by dkaile

if you are looking for laptop and can live with little delicate models, my recent purchase on Aspire 5738Z is with DDR 3 RAM.

Which will be better a Quad Core with 4 MB Cache or Core 2 Duo with 6 MB Cache?

Cost for both is almost same.

if price is same, then its a no brainer... go with the quad core any day.....

What difference does cache make?

Is Quad Core supported by XP?