Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Build A Full Fledge Core2duo Windows 7 Pc For Sub 25k

@kamal

Just go ahead, no crashes so far, absolutely stable... just ensure basic hardware configuration...

Thanks for the clarification dear Dhiraj.

My download too was broked 3 times and now I don't want to download it from Microsoft Site.

I decided to purchase this month's Digit Magazine which have Windows 7 ISO file on its complimentary DVD.

That will be easier I think.

Regards.

Yesterday I had to reinstall windows 7 as my outlook crashed.

My earlier windows 7 installation was hanging. so this time I was little more particular and found that if you are using AVG 8.5 then identity theft protection of AVG and windows defender are doing same job and creates problem. So I disable windows defender and windows started working without problem. Else windows explorer was used to crash every time you start.

^

I am also using AVG 8.5 and tried this resolution, but it does not affect my system even if both defender and avg are running together. All my windows are opening properly under windows explorer and for as long as i desire, except the c:\dbase folder. Whenever I try to open this folder it explorer shuts down by saying "Windows Explorer has stopped working" and sends a error report to microsoft with this content:

Files that help describe the problem:

H:\Users\STUDY\AppData\Local\Temp\WER2AEA.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

H:\Users\STUDY\AppData\Local\Temp\WER7801.tmp.appcompat.txt

H:\Users\STUDY\AppData\Local\Temp\WER7822.tmp.mdmp

I think this problem is somehow related to my using certain dbf file to merge print a document through word; if somehow someone could help me solve this minor irritant...

Other than this all other systems are A OK...

Windows 7 Support Forum - http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums...tegory/w7itpro/

My particular problems Support Thread - http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums...1-8cfe2f275c2c/

Reply given by Robinson Zhang, Moderator

Hi,

Please take the following steps to troubleshoot the problem.

1. Open a Windows Explorer.

2. Press Alt, choose Tools->Folder Options, choose View tab.

3. Uncheck “Display file icon on thumbnails”, check “Always show icons, never thumbnails”.

4. Apply the settings.

5. Try to access the problem folder.

If it work, it should be a problem with file thumbnail in that folder. If not, could you please test the problem in Safe Mode?

Thanks.

My Reply-

Thanks for your support Zhang;

I tried all the solutions you have provided but to no avail; In safe mode, however it takes a little more time for the window to close and I was able to browse and change the display properties to display by date modified; there after when I opened it in normal mode, I was able to see the folder (i.e. C:\dbase) till the time I scrolled down to the dbase.exe file; the moment that file was on the screen, windows explorer shuts down and sends error report. If I dont scroll down to the dbase.exe file, the window stays open... BTW I am also using some *.dbf files to mail merge some documents through MS Word...

What a unique problem, eh...?? Awaiting some resolution...

I installed Windows 7 and removed from system today after usage of about 24 hours.

Actual problem begun after installing AVG 8.5 and printer drivers.

After installation I got explorer.exe error for not less than 20 times and every time I have to restart system. It can not find any solutions online / otherwise.

I liked taskbar of WIN7 a lot. Also its faster than Vista. I think waiting for final release is worth. Its certainly appearing better than vista performance wise. Also driver support is better. My laptop was not supported by vista. Where as in WIN7all hardware were enabled.

It may be because of AVG, Install only windows 7 supported antivirus.

I am currently using kaspersky beta version for windows 7.

Yes, with Windows 7 you need not have to worry about drivers :GirandoOjos:

ok, looks like you already found a soultion

Edited by ss_rakesh

Update:

Windows 7 working A OK. Except for the Dbase folder problem which seems to be a conflict as both XP and Windows 7 are using the dbf files from the same folder and using in Access and Word, and as we all know dbase4 is a pretty obsolete program; otherwise dbase also working ok; Rest, after this initial hiccups, I am yet to encounter any problems with W7 and have never felt the need to boot into XP since the day I installed it....

I mentioned about AVG 8.5 with identity theft protection (malware protection ) which had conflict with widows defender. I disabled windows defender as well as AVG 8.5 identity theft protection and system is perfectly stable - perhaps as stable as WIN XP. Win7 seems to be faster than XP and appear to have better battery life too.

^

how to disable identity theft in avg 8.5? couldnt find it?

i am enjoying windows 7.. so far running fine..

I unistalled it from add and remove program. Else install AVG again and choose custom setup - then don't install.

Hoorrah - SUCCESS

It was in fact a AVG and Defender conflict. I first disabled AVG and Defender both; Restarted computer; Checked Explorer; Error of closing window had gone; Again Enabled AVG and let Defender be disabled; Restarted; Problem has not recurred...

need a desktop gadget - rss reader - for reading ndtv news.. please help..

^

RSS News Gadget already exists in the sidebar. Now to get NDTV news or any other RSS Feed for that matter on that Feed Headlines Gadget, you need to do this -

Open Internet Explorer (not Firefox), It looks for feeds on every webpage you visit.

1. Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, and then clicking Internet Explorer.

2. Browse to a webpage that has feeds (in this case NDTV.com or google serach "ndtv rss feed". (When Internet Explorer finds available feeds, the Feeds button Picture of the Feeds button, located on the Internet Explorer toolbar, will change from gray to orange.)

3. Click the arrow next to the Feeds button, and then, in the list that appears, click the feed you want.

4. On the webpage that appears, click Subscribe to this feed.

5. In the dialog box that appears, click Subscribe.

The feed should now be available to Feed Headlines. To display the feed in Feed Headlines, see the procedure below.

To display a feed in the Feed Headlines gadget

1. Point to Feed Headlines, and then click the Options button.

2. In the Display this feed list, click the feed you want to display.

3. Click OK.

NoteTo scroll through the headlines, point to Feed Headlines, and then click the downward- or upward-pointing arrows that appear on the bottom edge.

I did it and am getting NDTV National News on my Sidebar Gadget...

Edited by dkaile

^^^

i tried this gadget yesterday, but for some reason it didnot work. Now tried again and working fine.. thanks a lot..

Also looking for a gadget to get sensex and nifty values or graphs..

which CD burner to use? I am unable to use Infra (Free burner) Nero 7 I am not using as it has DVD burning problems. I am stuck

^^^

i am using nero dvd burning for last 3 years.. so far no problems..

if it is an ISO file then extract it using winrar. then use windows default burning..

Edited by savramesh

I am using Nero 8 without any problems. Also Windows 7 has an inbuilt DVD Burning Software by name of Windows DVD Maker....

Edited by dkaile

Windows 7 Final Edition will be out on 22 October 2009.

Microsoft giving Home Premium in 50$ only on Pre Bookings.

My Desktop

post-18748-1246101734_thumb.jpg

And here's mine too:

post-3171-1246122017_thumb.png