Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Saurav

Is Gtran A Genuine Company?

If you are/ were aware of the SMS bug in GTran will / would you purchase GTran?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. If you are/ were aware of the SMS bug in GTran will / would you purchase GTran?

• YES
    • NO

IS GTRAN A GENUINE COMPANY?

The bugs in the GTran handset have been discussed in the various sub forums in GTran subsection.

The SMS messages on GTRAN appear in following format:

Dear Customer, Y

our phone as mod

em is already de

-activated.

I don’t think anyone will like this format of display.

Till date I have owned Motorola (GSM), Samsung N191, and LG RD 2030. I have used various models of Samsung Nokia and Motorola made handsets of my friends. All handsets do have some bugs but I have never seen any handset with such a big SMS bug. SMS is an important service provided on mobile.

In view GTran doesn’t meet the minimum standards to be called a handset fit for usage.

If the above question is asked to me my answer is No.

I purchased this handset only bcz I got tempted by posts of Gtran_rocks the Moderator of this sub forum. But the moment we started discussing bugs in GTran he has not been seen any where in rim web. Probably he was a representative of Reliance or GTran.

The above raise only a question over handset 4020. But doubts over company arises when you visit their website www.gtranindia.com

1. Many of the links like resources and GTran USA never open.

2. They provide provision to register the handset but for date there is no option for those who purchase in 2004they provide provision to register the handset but for date there is no option for those who purchase in 2004. Probably they were expecting none will purchase this handset in 200 none will purchase this handset in 2004.

I request all to let me know their views.

Frankly, I too was tempted to consider an upgrade to Gtran reading his reviews. But I didn't as I wouldn't purchase a product based just on one user's experiences! If you had seen the other reviews here and on mouthshut, and also RIM's reputation, you would probably (like me) have been saved from purchasing an expensive + buggy product... :)

Even on mouth shut there is a review written by me. i have mentioned the shortcomings of handset over there. am i correct?

pls invite more people to vote.

write CEO office to provide us upgrade schemes. it's required GTran is not trust worthy company. i will provide evidence shortly.

Edited by Saurav

You have? Frankly dont remember ...just decided that time that Gtran isn't worth the money. With the current options, methinks currenly GSM handsets & schemes make lot more sense if one is to invest in an upgrade! Anyway, its good to see customers as "active" as yourself... :)

Edited by raccoon

I never suggest anybody to buy or upgrade to GTran.

Cauz i've read many posts regarding to bugs in this set.

I purchased this handset only bcz I got tempted by posts of Gtran_rocks the Moderator of this sub forum. But the moment we started discussing bugs in GTran he has not been seen any where in rim web. Probably he was a representative of Reliance or GTran.

15043[/snapback]

I thought so too. When accused he used to hit back. Thats passive-aggressive an ego defense, raising the expectation and then not performing. He has disappeared.

But I think the Admins must have thought well before recruiting a salesman to be a moderator.

Lets hope this is not true.

I bought that handset even before i saw GTRAN ROCKS posts, because of the attractive pricing and because of the few reviews i read on other sites. I am really disappointed with the battery as i want it to last at least 2 days. that SMS thing is not much of a hassle for me though if corrected it will be good. The lack of a few R world applications especially railway reservation disappoint me. if that is not available because of a certain handset that i have and no other reason, i think it is the fault o f reliance, reliance people should be pulled up for that. That TRAI option is a good one. saurav where are u from? Chandigarh?

Edited by tanveer

May be or may be not!

May be he wanted to do his job more efficiently.

I mean he was moderator of GTran forum.

So he wanted to post all the information about GTran.

so don't blame anyone without any right information.

Probably he was a representative of Reliance or GTran.

Unlikely ... I don't think Gtran/Reliance need ever to get down to this to do sales :P . What I believe is that Gtran_rocks simply reduced participation when other users found the phone otherwise to avoid flames on him or he may be busy with something else ...

American Gtan site is no more working but U can try their korean site.

http://www.gtran.co.kr/newhome/english/e_main.asp

U can send ur support question there and it amy get a higher priority.

Long time back I had wrote a detailed mail to LG about the issues present on my LG 7130 and features that would make it more user friendly(call history<-->SMS link, Loading R-World) etc. They promised me that they will take care of all the things that were feasible within the phone architecture.

Although a few bugs are fixed I am yet to see a newer version of 7130 s/w with these features but I am more than shocked to see that almost all of these features are implemented on 5130 in the exact details i requested ??????? May be purely coincidental :o .

Another thing I can suggest to you is (at Ur own risk) to try all the available Gtran PST softwares available around. May be some of them have the option to set this orphan-widow control.

all the disgruntled gtran users/future buyers should instead switch to kyocera so we can all bitch about it together!

its getting a little lonely out in the boondocks...

;)

Kyocera is much costlier than GTran

I too use GTRAN and share the same feelings. Reliance lured us to GTRAN handset without telling us its short comings. I see no point in blaming each other.

We can not throw the handset now. Therefore the question is how to get the bugs removed. May be we should ask Reliance who sold us this set. As seller they too have some responsibility.

[Long time back I had wrote a detailed mail to LG about the issues present on my LG 7130 and features that would make it more user friendly(call history<-->SMS link, Loading R-World) etc. They promised me that they will take care of all the things that were feasible within the phone architecture.

Although a few bugs are fixed I am yet to see a newer version of 7130 s/w with these features but I am more than shocked to see that almost all of these features are implemented on 5130 in the exact details i requested ??????? May be purely coincidental ;) .

15088[/snapback]

Code the problem in LG is the number of steps required to send SMS. The same problem also exists in GTRAN but it looses importance when we see a basic problem of appearance of text.

This problem of SMS has to be solved by GTran who has to provide a software update according to hardware in handset. RWORLD has to be solved by Reliance.

Every time I use SMS on GTran my dislike for GTran gets squared.

GCP-4020 is a good hardware in the hands of bad software developers.

Till now we have 1 fan of GTRAN who is ready to buy it in spite of bugs. I think he will love to read in following method.

Problem of mes

saging does not

effect me as I a

m love to read i

n this format.

slowly i hv started realising the issues with gtran... sms not displayed properly, very poor battery life, LCD not visible in sunlight, bad interface, no firmware upgrades, limited rworld support.... the list goes on and on and on.

To add salt to the wounds, RIM slashed prices from 12000 to 6000.

I want to swtich the the LG colour phone... much better value for money.

never!

i would never like to upgrade to a handset with such an sms bug. sms is an important feature for any mobile. and with such prolems, never!

I have heard and many times read that when an entire consignment is found defective reputed companies call back the entire consignment and replace the product free of cost.

Entire consignment of GTran GCP-4020 marketed by Reliance in India has been found defective. It suffers from SMS bug and even the battery is not fit for use.

GTran authorities :ph34r: are very well aware of these bugs in handset. I don’t know about the repo of GTran, a new company in Indian market so can’t expect much from them.

I purchased this product by trusting Reliance, one of the most reputed companies in India. But I am sorry to say even Reliance is not helping customers who purchased GTran. Further to enhance sales of GTran it has reduced its price.

If Reliance continuous its marketing relations with companies like GTran and kept marketing product like GTran GCP-4020 it will loose its repo in the eyes of its customers.

People will even become suspicious ;) about the quality of Petrol filled at Reliance Petrol pumps which are to be opened shortly.

To add salt to the wounds, RIM slashed prices from 12000 to 6000.

I can sympathise with you Gtran users on other issues, but cant quite understand this attitude: prices of all cell phones have been dropping in the market, and keep dropping all the time ...just like computer hardware, etc! Contrary to this, if you guys expect prices of hardware to appreciate like real estate, RIM is hardly to blame. RIM had to reduce the prices to make the product competitive. One can only make a buying decision based on the prices prevailing at the time of purchase ...isn't that obvious? If you guys had found the product price to be uncompetitive, you should have refrained from buying it. And IMHO at 12,000 it was overpriced, and thats why I refrained. At 6,000 I was considering it, but after reading all this, I guess Im just going to stay faithful my RD2030 for sometime more. Can't really loose that way, as cell phones can only get better... ;)

Edited by raccoon

Tell me one thing frankly guys. How many of you have heard the brand name GTran before it was brought to the market by RIL?

Never heard of it. And thats one more reason why I wouldn't buy it unless I at least hear very favourable reviews...

hello all,

Gtran A Genuine Company!!!! The handset of Gtran are widely used in the market of us, korea, newzeland and so on where theres the CDMA market.. and frnakly speaking why u guys are just speaking of disadvantages and not of the good thigns of the handset which is not avilable wiht the other handset.. like u can personalize the handset by puttign up the midi fiel and so on.... and dont thing so that the gtran is a fake company...... and dont tell that when LG cmae into the indian market we all people was relucant to but the LG product to say even the handset provided by the Reliance. so any way there may be som disadv. but there are also adv. of the handset. wht do u say guys.............. :clap:

and frnakly speaking why u guys are just speaking of disadvantages and not of the good thigns of the handset which is not avilable wiht the other handset.. like u can personalize the handset by puttign up the midi fiel and so on....  and dont thing so that the gtran is a fake company...... and dont tell that when LG cmae into the indian market we all people was relucant to but the LG product to say even the handset provided by the Reliance. so any way there may be som disadv. but there are also adv. of the handset. wht do u say guys.............. :clap:

15210[/snapback]

What u hv said are really good features in GTran, adding ring tones and pics from PC.

But how many times you use these features? Probably uncountable times only when u have recently purchased it.

It would have been better if it supports voice ring tones like other handsets of same range. It supports midi files which are difficult to be arranged. It would have best if it supports MP3 format.

If there were animations in phone book it would have been better.

I didn’t talk about these features bcz these are luxuries while using a handset.

In daily use the main properties of handset that matters are making and receiving calls, SMS and charging battery.

As far as making calls is concerned handset works fine but fails in the display of SMS and battery charge issue. So how many points will you assign to such handset.

Gtran A Genuine Company!!!!  The handset of Gtran are widely used in the market of us, korea, newzeland and so on where theres the CDMA market..

Opinion about the company is derived from the quality of the product not by number of countries where it sells its products. People trusted LG and LG proved to be a good company with products really worth its value. On other hand GTran hasn’t been able to reach essentials in of a mobile handset.

Hey guys,

I dont know about GTRAN as a company.

But my concern is why would *anyone* spend his hard earned money

on a mobile if he knows its a buggy peice.

Let it be any peice. May it be LG or SAMSUNG or any company.

I doubt anyone would buy something if he knows its got problems. No matter how big or small the problems are.

I know i wouldnt go for it if i knew.

Edited by iiii_pretender_iiii

Hey guys,

I dont know about GTRAN as a company.

But my concern is why would *anyone* spend his hard earned money on a mobile if he knows its a buggy piece.

15224[/snapback]

Because he is given out the options like RIM handsets :clap:

Sorry I was wrong GTRAN is a well reputed company.

Do you agree that GTRAN is a genuine company? I will never agree.

There executive said that it is a genuine company supplying products to big manufactures like Samsung. I have never seen such big bugs in Samsung handset. Hv u seen?

Every time I read SMS on Gtran my hatred ness for GTRAN gets squared.

GTRAN IS A BIG FRAUD COMPANY. NEVER TRUST IT.

Edited by Saurav