Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Saurav

Is Gtran A Genuine Company?

If you are/ were aware of the SMS bug in GTran will / would you purchase GTran?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. If you are/ were aware of the SMS bug in GTran will / would you purchase GTran?

• YES
    • NO

maybe the problem is not at reliance end and not at gtran. afterall the phone's software would hv been extensively modified by RIM.

abt the price drop... its price drops due to normal demand-supply its normal - but in this case the price dropped within a month of the upgrade scheme. now thats fishy. The point is reliance has a monopoly in handsets for RIM system and it is abusing this power.

RIM is Reliance so modified by reliance

Hi all, am back after a long time... and completely shocked and angry :angry:

Members like Saurav and others, who at one time used to ask queries / help etc from me have today termed me as "Representative of GTRAN" . EEPROM says I am "Passive aggressive"

Well @ Saurav, If u understand even the basics of marketing and business management, then you would had understood that a company (GTRAN) which doesnt have a manufacturing setup in India, nor does it have any permanent Regional Head office in India for Marketing and Distribution, and a company which had a one time deal with Reliance for mass sale of handsets for exclusive use on reliance network would never invest money in setting up its own distribution channel in such a country where its interests were restricted to a mass, one time deal with a single Telecom Operator. Such a company would never setup a distribution channel by investing lakhs of rupees and never hire agents / middlemen as channel partners for marketing / distribution management.

simply speaking, if u dint understand all the jargon above, then have u ever heard of agents for GTRAN ? try contacting all the links / email addresses / phone nos / physical addresses of GTRAN India that you have and try to enqure whether they had ever hired agents for marketing GTRAN handsets. Forget direct selling, the company didnt even care to invest in other forms of marketing communications like Advertising / sales promotions or relationship marketing.

And before you blame anyone and start flaming posts, do a self evalution first. Did u have enough prudence and common sense to go through all my posts. My first post - GTRAN review speaks highly of the phone because that was the day i had bought the phone and was really happy with (and I still am in many ways) many of its features like complete customisation of the phone. However, If you had cared to read my other posts you would find the problems of Gtran which i encountered and was the first to post - including the low battery life, buggy performance during use of travel charger etc.

And @ EEPROM, man i think you are a real genius if by reading a few web posts of a person, you can term him/her as to being "passive-aggressive". Well what are u doing here on RIMWEB, i think you would be better off adding a lot of value working as a Psychi Constultant by self imposing your judgements about others on them rather than being of nuisance value here on RIMWEB.

For above members and like minded people, I was offered moderation status by super mods and I wasnt the one to ask for it. Infact i took my time before accepting it.

Guys am really pissed off with the sick attitude some of you have here on this board. But i guess you cant help it coz its a part of ur gene and passed on from your earlier generations. -_-

Anyways Vishal Gupta and Code, thanks for understanding the situation and not being sick minded like some others on this board. :rolleyes: .For genuine members on this board,

I am a business management student from Mumbai, Specializing in Advertising (Marketing). I bought this phone during summers when i was doing my summer training at FCB ULKA - one of the top advertising agencies in India. Used to post my reviews and views during spare times after summer project completion. But after summer training ended, i got back to full time college and exams, also being in third semester, Executive Placement program at our college was on cards and is now being initiated as well in matter of weeks. Due to all this, and also with the satisfaction that i had created a healthy forum of GTRAN members on this board, I started reducing my activity levels here. I used to visit the board sometimes but mostly as a guest. And today when i checked this post, i was really shocked. Hence the login and this post of mine...... I really dont have the time and specially now the interest <_< to moderate this subforum. So am going to pm the super mods to transfer it to some other gtran member.

For friends and genuine members, wish you all good luck for future endeavours and goodbye :lol: . For others, you all are more than free to continue to the flame wars against me but wont be getting any replies as this is probably my last post here.

GTRAN i am sorry if you are not Rep of GTRAN. actually i thought so bcz i got an email from a person who is head of GTRAN after sales and is member of RIM WEB. therefore not seeing you over here made me to make such remarks. further u never mentioned anything abt SMS bug.

And further to correct you without any personal remarks I will like to intimate you that GTran operates in INDIA under the offices named UCOM TECHNOLOGIES. In my city they donā€™t hv ASC but UCOM office is present and they do hire MBA for marketing their products.

Edited by Saurav

I was jus worried abt the outcome of such posts from Saurav n Beetle. But i cud hardly do anything due to my exams. Its really saddening to see that jus coz of a few flame posts and frustrated out-pours without enuf thoughtful inputs such things keep happening and finally the board is at loss.

I dont know how many of u'll really know the life in a city like Mumbai... Its **** tough out here, esp if u r working, studying n being participative in several other things. i am glad that Gtran_rocks could hold onto his anger and did nothing other than jus givin a small justification for his act and then pulling himself off. If i'd be in his place, i'd do the same!! I've done it earlier. And i know how it is.. Arun might rem me doing this earlier somewhere else.

As of now, i'd simply request members to keep aside personal flaming against co-members. and would request all members part of this flame to accept responsibility and reduce the gripe in all possible ways.

I accept responsibility on my part for not reacting to ppl's flames in this issue and curbing it from my end. And am extremely sorry for the same on behalf of the Super-Mods. Such things will be amicably taken care of henceforth.

Gtran_rocks, we'd be glad to have u on board anytime after u r free... for all those frenz and genuine members :clap:

Guys, rather than flaming each other here, lets flame RIM ...thats the real culprit! :clap:

Any handset which is sell by reliance,Reliance is giving some specification and mobile company is bound to desing a software according to that specification and i think may be because of that we are not having word rap in SMS for Gtran handset.

PC sycn software is amazing for downloading ringtones and wallpaper.

Battery life is also good if we do battery charging procedure properly and as it is a colour handset working on CDMA technology battery will last for a day its really a good for me

yes in my case also battery lasts a day. but performance is poor when i compare it with that i used to get from N191, 2030

one day is good for u? well this phone has a talk time of less than 90 minutes, so if u get a call that has a talk time of say 15 minutes or so, ur standby comes tumbling down to les than a day, and charging a battery more than once a day is annoying. moreover we all are finding ways to extract talk time out of our phone ( by using methods such as keeping the backlight off, decreasing the sub LCD contrast) one of the members said he was able to make the phone last for 44 hours, by recieving only two calls, sending one sms etc, . now the purpose of paying money for a mobile phone is not to make the phone last longer by hook or by crook but to enjoy all the features of the phone. are trying to please ourselves by saying that we "can" or we are "able to" make the phone last longer? I think more than anything else this phone needs a battery upgrade.

Battery upgrade? The battery in itself may not necessarily be the problem! More likely its the phone's power consumption/management that drains the batts so quick. May not be something that can be solved only with a battery or software upgrade!

If one can find a bigger battery of appropraite voltage that fits the phone(I had seen some ads like that for some verizon phones) this prob can be partly resolved. BTW does h/s come with a spare battery?

one day is good for u? well this phone has a talk time of less than 90 minutes, so if u get a call that has a talk time of say 15 minutes or so, ur standby comes tumbling down to les than a day, and charging a battery more than once a day is annoying. moreover we all are finding ways to extract talk time out of our phone ( by using methods such as keeping the backlight off, decreasing the sub LCD contrast) one of the members said he was able to make the phone last for 44 hours, by recieving only two calls, sending one sms etc, . now the purpose of paying money for a mobile phone isĀ  not to make the phone last longer by hook or by crook but to enjoy all the features of the phone. are trying to please ourselves by saying that we "can" or we are "able to" make the phone last longer? I think more than anything else this phone needs a battery upgrade.

16684[/snapback]

I tried it only once to know the standby time. It says on the manual that stnadby time is 90-120 hrs but the actual fact is it is less than half of that. Yeah you are right we should enjoy all the features of the phone and not worry about the battery life.

The battery of gtran is lithium standard ---- is there any difference between lithium standard and lithium ion battery ??

Samsung camera phone comes with 2 batteries standard and enhanced. if more number customers request GTRAN i think they myt help us to get 1.

code it comes with a spare battery and i am using both.

I think it will be better to discuss more about battery in the subforum related with battery of GTran.

Edited by Saurav