Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
coolrajiv

Zylog Systems Plans To Make Chennai Wifi Enabled

Zylog Systems plans to make Chennai WiFI-enabled, allowing laptop users in the city access to the Internet from anywhere, including a moving vehicle.

The company plans to dot Chennai with WiFi nodes — electronic devices often kept on the top of buildings — which will tap data from optic fibre cables and transmit them to laptops and computers that will be equipped with a receptive device.

“By doing away with cables in the last mile of connectivity, we not only ensure high speed and seamless connectivity but also the ability to tap into devices such as laptops, hand-held devices and gaming consoles,” said S. Ram managing director of Zylog Systems. The company launched the Wi5 plan in the city on Sunday.

Zylog plans to launch the service within the next two years in Calcutta and elsewhere. At present, five areas are covered by Wi5 in Chennai. The entire city will be covered within 15 months.

“Our packages will be priced very competitively at Rs 550 per month for an unlimited plan at a download speed of 1 MbPS (megabytes per second), Rs 1,000 at 2 MbPS and Rs 1,750 at 4 MbPS,” said Jankiraman, Zylog’s chief operating officer.

^^^

good tariff competition..

:previous:

I have seen some ads regarding Wi5 on the adv.board located @ back of the Bus in Sivakasi and Madurai few weeks back... Even I enquired in Sivakasi and didn't got any info.. Now I searched this forum and bumping this almost an year old thread..

Any friends have info or experience on this service.. Tariff seems too good and lack of interest in this thread seems confusing... Their website is here!

Edited by kanagadeepan