Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Mantraway

Reliance To Launch Netway Service By Oct-nov

Reliance Infocomm is going to launch it's Netway service by october-november 2004. This service will available to you @ Rs 799 - Rs 1599. This will give you some unique services like Broadband Internet, Interactive Television Service & Voice related services. So! lets wait to enroll Broadband Bharat.........

Rightnow reliance is working on Netway's website which will be

http://www.reliancenetway.com

Regards:-

Sumit Tiwari

Edited by sumit123

Did Reliance say this ?? I have doubts coz i called Netway helpline n they said that the nearest thing to Netway is Feb n that too in da major cities ...

neways .. les hope this news is true

Is there any website to get these details authenticated from?

yes frens, reliance is coming in a big way... in net, tv, and many more to come, video on demand to name a few

All I want is a net connection with atleast 256 kbits per second and Unlimited downloads ........

I have a feeling RIL aint gonna give that..........

Hey,

I just talked with a netway person on *355 and he said the internet speed will be not less that 100mbps. I don't know it 100 MBPS or 100 mbps though both are in our dream right? And he also said there will be 147 TV channels.

Hey,

I just talked with a netway person on *355 and he said the internet speed will be not less that 100mbps. I don't know it 100 MBPS or 100 mbps though both are in our dream right? And he also said there will be 147 TV channels.

15318[/snapback]

100mbps for net .. hehe thas not even in my dreams . what i fink is that the total bandwidth available to u via the STB will be 100mbps , but that will primarily be for TV stuff. for net we can't really expect more than 2-3mbps .. well i maybe wrong , les hope am wrong (wooo 100 mbps lol)

even 2-3 mbps is too much for casual surfing, in such a speed a MB file doesnt take more than 5 seconds to b downloaded, and i beleive zeus is correct that out of 100 mbps most of the bandwidth used will b for the Tv telecast

ppl reliance is not wrong @ its path. it says it will giv 1mbps it means it. but there are few catches

1) 1mbps (mega BITS per second) = 128 (mega BYTES per second).

which is 1 mbps / 8 = 128 MBps

2) it would giv that speed for internal consumption like video on demand, audio on demand , cable tv , etc etc etc

which by the way dont need external (international bandwidth) only local infrastructure should be good. which of reliance is the best in india and one of the best in the world.

3) i have been tracking NETWAY® since 6 months ( as far as i remember :lol: n i came to know that its @ par with some italy's biggest isp n cable service provider (whose service is ranked amoung the top 10's in the world) so "reliance automatically comes under top 9 best isp's in the wold :help: " because the roll out that italy's isp has is very very small than what reliance has done

4) hmm the internet acess speed which i have been seeing ppl are most eager to know about !!! well i dont think so india has that much international bandwidth that the bandwidth would be provided to residential users @ such a cheap rate that reliance is offering.

5) it can provide superb bandwidth for servies like lan gaming , video on demand , audio ,local n long distance video conferencing and other excting stuff because they work on reliance's own network and NOT ON INTERNATIONAL BANDWIDTH

and mind it @ 128 MBps of dedicated connection things do work faster ;)

ps all of the isps research done through internet so blame the internet not me if the facts are wrong :lol:

a major QUESTION MARK

- will there be a monthly limited bandwidth? i mean, will the downloads b limited?

unfortunately i think they will b.. even in the broadband policy, while defining 'broadband', the download/bandwidth limit was not taken into acount.

il choose which ever package gives me unlimited download. otherwise, having a 40kbps unlimited download connection(which i have now) for 30 days is equal to having a limited download 256kbps connection for 5 or 6 days.

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF NETWAY IS GONNA ROLLOUT THIS OCT-NOV as said by sumit ??

i heard that reliance has tied up with InCable & Siti Cable for showing tv channels ..and most of us i belive that these cable guys sux ( atleast i do) ...

i mean everytime theres some sort of price hike and they discontinue certain channels and all that ...

i hope reliance is considering all these facts !!

Edited by chandramauli

hopefully if one them drops a channel, the other cable op will still carry it!

i have IN cable and they recently swapped HBO for star movies and dropped BBC...

ahem!

100 MBps of local bandwidth.

this means international bandwidth could be low and this sets the stage for download limits.

i just called reliance helpline

30335555 got the number in this thread

she said there is no intimation abt when its gonna roll out. i asked if its this yr or early next yr. she said they just dont know.

seems like itl take time ..

so wat abt this sumit123? r u sure its gonna rollout this oct/nov?

The site

http://www.reliancenetway.com

is still under construction and doesn't anywhere indicate that it is related with RIL. So...?

15194[/snapback]

From http://samspade.org/t/lookat?a=reliancenetway.com

Server Used: [ whois.networksolutions.com ]

reliancenetway.com = [ 216.21.229.209 ]

Registrant:

Reliance Industries Limited (AJRMLQUHUD)

3rd Floor maker

chambers Iv

Bombay Maharashtra 400021

IN

Domain Name: RELIANCENETWAY.COM

Administrative Contact Technical Contact:

Reliance Industries Limited net@ril.com

3rd Floor maker

chambers Iv

Bombay Maharashtra 400021

IN

Record expires on 05-Feb-2006.

Record created on 18-Jan-2004.

Database last updated on 19-Oct-2004 09: 12: 23 EDT.

Domain servers in listed order:

DNS35.REGISTER.COM 216.21.234.88

DNS36.REGISTER.COM 216.21.226.88

I think that's conclusive enough!

ya tanveer

"Meanwhile, Reliance Infocom, is expected to start providing its broadband service to subscribers post-Diwali. A senior official informed that the service is currently in its preliminary stages and that they are currently making advance booking. ‘‘Initially, we will provide only Internet service. Post-Diwali, we will be able to state what added features will be offered,’’ said an official."

thats wat was in the article.

but strange, no other news source made this point. only expressindia.

Just read this at http://www.rednova.com/news/display/?id=95769

Ericsson to Supply Broadband Access Network to Delhi and Mumbai

Ericsson has been selected by Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited (MTNL), one of the leading Indian incumbent operators to supply broadband access network to Delhi and Mumbai, the country's two largest metropolitan areas. MTNL plans to launch the services by the end of this year, offering broadcast TV, video on demand and high- speed Internet. The contract is on a turnkey basis for the supply and rollout of Ericsson's solutions Ethernet DSL Access and Ethernet aggregation technology into the MTNL network. It includes a complete end-to-end broadband access solution including upgrading of existing telephony lines with Ethernet DSL technology, customer premises equipment,bandwidth provisioning system and aggregation network.

DOES THIS MEAN WE HAVE TO WAIT TILL MARCH 2K5 FOR NETWAY

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/899189.cms

an excerpt from this article

" Though RIC sticks to the mid to late-2005 date for the much-awaited roll-out, sources said the soft launch could happen much earlier. RIC officials have already begun talks with local cable operators to distribute the service. "

i guess the soft launch wont reach many people.. and the ufll launch willhappen not bfore march2k5

------------------------------

and this one abt BSNL

http://www.ciol.com/content/news/mgas/2004/104102502.asp

" Sinha said the growth in customer additions for wireline phones was negative in the first six months of this business year but he expected the rate to turn positive by the end of March as customers switched to its new broadband services. "

does this mean BSNL wont roll out broadband till next march?

all this tell me i shud wait till next march .. but i wonder how sumit got the info that irl launch in oct-nov